Data The Moon falls on Gen VI, and now the Sun rises on Gen VII

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
As of this post, I am proud to announce that the updating is finally done, and Gen VII ASB is now being released.

This means all the changes to ASB caused by the new generation will now be effective immediately in all new battles, challenges, and tournaments. This means you may now legally buy Gen VII stuff. etc.

How to do your Gen VII Claim:
  • You must post profiles of every Pokémon you own that had received a change to stats, typing, ability, or if they got a pre-26 move. These are the only profiles you must post. You don't have to post the profile of something if all they got was one new move obtainable by TM for example.
  • As well as this, I recommend that you withhold on buying new stuff until your Gen VII Updates have been approved. This is for a couple of reasons: To help ease approver burden since the queues will be larger and claim sizes will be larger and also so you make sure that everything you have is corrected by an approver before you move on.
  • By the same margin, Approvers, I recommend that you refrain from self-approving your own Gen VII Update claims and have them checked by other approvers to make sure that your updates are correct. It is ultimately up to deadfox whether or not he wants to do anything with this recommendation.
As for some things I personally want to say:
  • I strongly encourage you peeps to test out the new mechanics liberally over the next few weeks from new Pokémon to the Z-Move Mechanics and whatnot and see if there's any balancing issues. There are some things I have my eyes on but now it's time to throw the theories out the window and get out there and see if these concerns are justified or not in practice.
  • In a couple of weeks, expect a State of the Game or something like that based on the new gen and any issues arising from the changes whether it be something completely outclassed/useless or something is completely unbalanced.
  • Most of all have fun, it's a game after all. Don't make things hard for approvers and give me an easy time since I just spent 20+ hours over the past three days updating the NDA and the Handbook so you guys can play ASB.
For the Gen VII DAT, Please use: http://spo.ink/ASBNDA
For the Gen VI DAT for battles that use Gen VI Mechanics, Please use: http://spo.ink/GENVIDAT

We hope that you all continue to enjoy this ASB for many years to come, and thank you all for your continued support for this ASB as without you all, this ASB would be in the Thread Cryonics section of Smogon by now.

~Its_A_Random
~ASB Moderation Team

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I knew there would be something I missed.

Anything that gets a new ability or alterations to stats for the new generation (see Omnibus) gets a free nature change.

Because you know, 127 Speed Dodrio might actually be worth it now.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Also Cubone, Pichu, Pikachu, and Exeggcute get free nature changes as well in case you want to evolve them into their Alolan forms instead of their Kantonian forms.

Expect me to post again later because of something else I forgot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)