The Mega Aerodactyl That Could.

A Poorly Made RMT Post Around Mega Aero.

No time for introduction tho. Sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes.
I'll make this quick with some info:
First pokemon!

Aerodactyl (F) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fly / Aerial Ace
- Hone Claws

The star of this team. With Hone Claws, it can increase the accuracy of Stone Edge.
And even the accuracy of fly, for those unlucky players! And boosts Attack, Obv.
With Tough Claws and STAB attacks, i don't know if your mom is safe.
Fly takes 2 turns, but you know what they say: more Stealth Rock dommage for the opponent! Running Jolly can be an option, since greninja is a problem if aerodactyl doesn't Mega Evolve. that is one bad thing about the team.
Mega Aerodactyl can't do much other than dealing heavy damage, since it is walled by certain pokemon and doesn't have the ability to set up on many pokemon due to its typing, But this team will try its best to make Aero shine. With the right team match-up, this thing will clean up by itself.

Adamant+Amazing Speed = Outspeeds horses and lati twins.
Can set up in pokemon like mega pinsir and talonflame.
Dual STAB.

---

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying] / Icy Wind

Keldeo, that one pokemon that got suspected on 5th gen, is back in here along with some choice specs. Really good Wallbreaker, really good fighting core with Breloom.
I chose Keldeo because Annoying things like Landorus-T and Hippowdon and other bulky grounds deal with Mega Aerodactyl pretty easily, so i needed a really quick and easy answer to them. Things like this are walled by mega venusaur, but we have HP flying which 2HKO's once Venusaur is weakened. Icy Wind is also a choice since it can deal with Lat@s without the help of aegislash. Keldeo is a great choice since it is a powerhouse, forms a great core with Aerodactyl too, since both cover each other's problems and break through walls together, weakening the opponent's team hitting from both physical and special sides.

Cleans up bulky grounds for Aero.
Dual STAB.
HP Flying for Venusaurs.
Nice Butt.

---

Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Kids, don't do shrooms or drugs, but breloom is fun to use this gen.
Basically, it does its job from 5th gen but with rock tomb. Yum!
Deals with annoying pokemons like quagsire from stall and other bulky grounds.
Tries to Avoid the lead Stealth Rock and chips away health from other opposing pokemons.
We have 3 fast pokemon but i needed something more than that, in the form of priority.
Breloom's nature can be changed to Adamant if you want to deal more damage.
Venusaur is a really good answer to Breloom, but with Keldeo's HP Flying, Latias's Psyshock and Aerodactyl's Fly/AA, i think breloom is pretty safe around mega-venu.
With the right Bullet Seed hits, it can tear apart teams by itself.

Spore to cripple pokemons.
Priority+Dual STAB
Rock Tomb for Speed and Talonflames/Chars
If sash is intact, stops opposing boosted threats.

---

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 240 HP / 192 Def / 76 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Whirlwind
- Slack Off

This hippo is so fat, when a zubat bit him, it got diabetes.
This hippo right here doesn't mess around. He will sponge hits like he was waiting for a bucket of chicken.
Anyway, sets up stealth rocks, serves as sponge, recovers HP and Toxics to chip away HP.
Hippo has Sand Force because i don't think anybody will like their breloom dead after Sash being wasted. I prefer keeping breloom alive than having a sp.def boost for aerodactyl.
Besides, if the opponent brings sand, which will break breloom's sash, hippo's EQ will make more damage. Aerodactyl itself can't deal with Talonflame if it takes too much damage. so hippowdon is here to sponge any hit, recover and toxic. Can deal with Garchomp, which is a problem for Aerodactyl, since Garchomp can live an EQ from Aero.

Sand Force to not break breloom's sash.
STAB Earthquake.
Toxics to cripple pokemon setting up.
EV spread designed to take 2 shadow balls from aegislash and Char X's attacks.

---

Aegislash (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 HP / 244 SAtk / 20 Spd
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

If this picture convinces you, i'm sure this set will.
It can set up a sub, deal heavy damage, stall out, etc.
I love this set. It stalls out chansey since Aromatherapy only has 8 PP.
Things that wall aegislash, like chestnaught, is hit by toxic. Can set up a sub against bulky things
like Ferrothorn and some Scizors with the help of king's shield. It can also deal with Baton Pass with the
right choices. Since the Lati twins are often switched into Keldeo, i needed something to stop the pokemon that prevent keldeo to wallbreak. so i chose Aegislash, which doesn't pursuit and trap, but it can take the chance to Sub up on a lati@s. With this Dual Toxic core, Aerodactyl's Fly might increase the damage on the poison.

Sets up sub on many pokemon. (Ferrothorns, Scizors, Latis, Locked pokemon)
Toxics to cripple pokemon and stalls if needed.
Deals heavy damage thanks to Shadow ball.
EV spread designed to outspeed aegislashes who try to outspeed and to keep the sub against bulky weakened pokemons.
Only Problem is bisharp, dealed by breloom.

---

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

My sista Latias, I chose this pokemon because Stealth Rock are a problem to Aerodactyl,
Since it can Defog away the hazards. With a solid Stealth Rock user like Hippowdon, we can keep defogging and setting up Stealth Rock when needed. I thought i needed more of a support pokemon more than an offensive one, so i picked Latias over Latios. And it hits pretty hard with its STAB moves, a special attacking partner for Keldeo. Psyshock to hit on the physical side, chansey will still become a really solid answer to both Latias and Latios,
But that's why Sub Aegislash is here, along with breloom, which can spore the chansey, and rock tomb on the switch for natural cure. You make your plays tho.

Defog to keep away hazards
Dual Stab
Healing Wish, to just heal up some pokemon that are crippled and emergency late game play.
Deals with Physical Walls.

---

Well, that's the team, I hope you liked it. Make sure to try it out.
not a bad team at all to play with. Very fun to use.
Leave some comments down below to let me know the problems you find or some mistakes about this RMT.
I'll leave some Calcs down below aswell as the importable ver.
No team is perfect. Thanks for reading!

---
Submitted Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-ou-502207
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-120991636
Everyone has a different playing style.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 240 HP / 192 Def / 76 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Aerodactyl (F) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Hone Claws

Aegislash (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 HP / 244 SAtk / 20 Spd
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

+1 252+ Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 303-357 (100.3 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus: 303-357 (94.6 - 111.5%)

+1 252+ Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 190-225 (62.5 - 74%)

252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 240 HP / 76 SpD Hippowdon: 189-223 (45.3 - 53.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 240 HP / 192+ Def Hippowdon: 193-228 (46.2 - 54.6%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Technician Breloom Rock Tomb vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 484-572 (162.4 - 191.9%)

252 Atk Technician Breloom Rock Tomb vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Pinsir: 340-400 (125 - 147%)

252 Atk Technician Breloom Rock Tomb vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 520-616 (174.4 - 206.7%)

Last edited:
Great team TBH, though it looks very based off of Masterclass's team. Honestly if I were to point out problems, it would pretty much be knitpicking. The only thing i really don't like is Fly on Mega Aerodactyl, the 2 turn wait just really isnt worth it for a move that is so weak and unreliable. It pretty much just gives free turns for things to set up or switch out, walling Mega Aero. This team seems to get late game swept by Mega Pinsir, Scizor and Mawile if Keldeo/Breloom is down or at least weakened, so I would watch out for that. Maybe replace something for fire fang on Aero?
P.S. nice fanboying when Edgar liked your post

Great team TBH, though it looks very based off of Masterclass's team. Honestly if I were to point out problems, it would pretty much be knitpicking. The only thing i really don't like is Fly on Mega Aerodactyl, the 2 turn wait just really isnt worth it for a move that is so weak and unreliable. It pretty much just gives free turns for things to set up or switch out, walling Mega Aero. This team seems to get late game swept by Mega Pinsir, Scizor and Mawile if Keldeo/Breloom is down or at least weakened, so I would watch out for that. Maybe replace something for fire fang on Aero?
P.S. nice fanboying when Edgar liked your post
Fly should stay.
1. When backed up by TC, Flys base power is 117. Brave Birds base power is 120. With a decent accuraty, it's an easily spamable move
2. Earthquake and Stone Edge cover the Flying type resists.
3. With two toxic users, the chance is high that you will fight against someone who is toxied. Fly protects you at the first turn. Free toxic damage for potentially counters.
4. Aerodactyl should be used late game to finish the team.

I must say that Breloom should be Adamant nature because there isn't much need to outspeed as to land powerful hits and with 252 speed ev's it still outspeeds Pokemon like Gengar after one Rock Tomb. Breloom is guaranteed to OHKO most Greninjas if Adamant with a punch.

I can see that hyper offense threats not weak to EQ can switch in to Hippowdon and power up and tear apart your team. I would opt Toxic for Whirlwind.

As for the pics, keep your Pokefetishes to yourself!!

I must say that Breloom should be Adamant nature because there isn't much need to outspeed as to land powerful hits and with 252 speed ev's it still outspeeds Pokemon like Gengar after one Rock Tomb. Breloom is guaranteed to OHKO most Greninjas if Adamant with a punch.

I can see that hyper offense threats not weak to EQ can switch in to Hippowdon and power up and tear apart your team. I would opt Toxic for Whirlwind.

I agree, bar the last sentence c:

Thanks for the help. As for the last sentence, I'd say it was for you guys' pleasure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)