Other The Keys to Space - An Anything Goes RMT

Heyo guys, this is NOCturnal Hunter yet again, and this is my first Anything Goes RMT! Just a little bit of background for this team: I've been into the AG metagame for a while now, so I wanted to do something...haxy. Therefore, I wanted to play around with Klefki spam, given how good Klefki is in the current metagame. Anyways, this is the result, but since I lack the time, energy and willpower to climb the AG ladder, I just wanted to make a RMT out of this for the people who do, so I can perfect this, and when I eventually do have all three at once (like that's going to happen...) I'll climb up to No. 1 on the AG ladder.

The Team at a Glance:

At first, I just wanted to play around with mono keys, so this is what I started with.

Then I realized that this team hated Ground types. In particular, Primal Groudon ate my team alive, so I decided that Mega Raquaza would be a good add-on.

This is the current version of the team. I ended up adding support Arceus Water because my team hated fighting Substitute Setup sweepers, so I needed phazing. However, after testing how well Giratina worked for the role, I was underwhelmed, and realized that I needed a bulkier Pokemon to do the job. Tha'ts when I used Roar Support Arceus-Water and have yet to change to something else.

Since all of my Klefkis are the exact same (lol why would you change something that works perfectly?), I'll just go with the Pokemon that are different from the rest.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

This thing. This darn thing. I'm just go and resort to a meme to describe this thing.

"Groudon created the land, and Kyogre created the sea, But Rayquaza created the new tier."

For something that created this meme, it sure lives up to its reputation as being "unstoppable" (though I don't know how much that is really all cracked up to be). And on a Klefki spamming team, Rayquaza finds himself an amazing position: Killing Groudons, and cleaning up after all of the Klefkis have done their duties. And Dragon Dance excels at this role; What he can't kill first, he can boost and then kill first. The EVs are straightforward, and the moveset is fairly straightforward as well; ExtremeSpeed takes out survivors, Dragon Ascent is the main STAB and hurts like hell, and Earthquake is good coverage combined with Dragon Ascent. That Life Orb simply adds to the damage in exchange for some life (and the ability to get burnt...), so it helps achieve some kills it normally wouldn't recieve.

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 88 HP / 36 Def / 168 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover

Arceus-Water is a pretty good Pokemon, as its typing and stats make it one of the best support Pokemon in the AG metagame. While this set is not optimal (it was made for Arceus-Rock to deal with LO Rayquaza-Mega), it does the job. Will-O-Wisp burns, and while Klefki teams don't really burn Pokemon much, against Pokemon that can't be paralyzed (Zekrom, Groudon, Landorus, etc.), it is sure helpful. Roar is the whole reason I used Arceus; Since Giratina failed at the role, this thing did much, much better. Defog is also helpful, ad I wouldn't want hazards on the field (lol). and of course, Recover is Recover. Timid 216 speed outspeeds an unboosted Mega Rayquaza, and (for Arceus-Rock) 88 HP and 36 Defense EVs allow it to tank an unboosted Dragon Ascent from Mega Rayquaza. The final 168 SpA EVs are there because I couldn't be bothered to update this set, so if you can think of a more optimal set for this role, please let me know.

And lastly, the stars of this team, the Klefkis.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave

Wow, who knew that your car keys were mass murderers? This set is so evil it makes 99.9% of serial killers look like angels. Swag Play is the whole reason why; This combination is pure evil on its own. Swagger boosts the opponents physical attack while also confusing them. Why was this banned from every tier? Because the physical attack now contributes to confusion damage. This means that, with Prankster, you have doom coming with lighting speed, all from your car keys. Thunder Wave makes this combination even more deadly: parafusion is a nasty combination that gives enemies about a 25% chance of attacking, and a 50% chance of hitting themselves consists of that. Substitute and Leftovers just makes the nightmare even more painful; imagine having only a 25% of even attacking, and the opponent is just hiding behind a substitute, hitting you with your own attack power due to Foul Play, while you yourself might be hitting yourself, and you get why this thing is deadly.

I don't remember atm

None

None yet.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
came to rate AG, but tbh you can either not run keys (sacrilegious and not the point of the team) or beat Mega Diancie/Sableye, sorta up to you. I suggest making one of the keys magnet rise because it handles EQ Ekiller a bit better.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well... lol. Interesting team.

1) Fix the spread on Waterceus. Invest all of the SpA EVs into HP instead, they're 100000% pointless. :p

2) As for the biggest problem, Megazard is right. You just lose to Mega Diancie and Mega Sableye. It is somewhat fixable though. Just toss Flash Cannon on any one of the Klefkis of your choice, in place of Thunder Wave because 4 TWavers are kind of pointless anyways, and it makes for a good enough lure. Honestly, you won't break Mega Sableye but luckily it isn't that common.

3) How the hell do you deal with Lugia? Give Waterceus Stealth Rock > Defog IMO, you aren't particularly weak to hazards seeing as 5/6 of your Pokemon are immune to Tox Spikes, and 4 resist SR. This also helps a lot with passive damage and Waterceus phazing.

4) Darkrai sleeps something, subs, nasty plots, you lose! Klefki can't hit it when it is behind a sub, it can just sleep ray again, etc. To fix this, give Ray lum berry instead. Losing out on power sucks, but you really need a status absorber in general.

Good luck I guess, I'd like to see some replays against good players to see how this team fares but meh. Tag me if you add those please.

Well... lol. Interesting team.

1) Fix the spread on Waterceus. Invest all of the SpA EVs into HP instead, they're 100000% pointless. :p

2) As for the biggest problem, Megazard is right. You just lose to Mega Diancie and Mega Sableye. It is somewhat fixable though. Just toss Flash Cannon on any one of the Klefkis of your choice, in place of Thunder Wave because 4 TWavers are kind of pointless anyways, and it makes for a good enough lure. Honestly, you won't break Mega Sableye but luckily it isn't that common.

3) How the hell do you deal with Lugia? Give Waterceus Stealth Rock > Defog IMO, you aren't particularly weak to hazards seeing as 5/6 of your Pokemon are immune to Tox Spikes, and 4 resist SR. This also helps a lot with passive damage and Waterceus phazing.

4) Darkrai sleeps something, subs, nasty plots, you lose! Klefki can't hit it when it is behind a sub, it can just sleep ray again, etc. To fix this, give Ray lum berry instead. Losing out on power sucks, but you really need a status absorber in general.

Good luck I guess, I'd like to see some replays against good players to see how this team fares but meh. Tag me if you add those please.
1) Done on PS. Will edit here soon.

2) I did that also on PS, but, honestly, I'd be okay with running only 3 keys. Most of the time merely one Klefki can go through a team unopposed, so I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry much about using just 2 or 3.

3) Did that on PS.

4) When you see Darkrai, I lead with my keys and deal with the opposition as I go. This tends to work becuase 9/10 times, Darkrai leads. This means Klefki gets a perfect opportunity to get up its own Substitute (people I've fought (though they are bad) tend to use Dark Void first), Thunder Wave the Darkrai, and do what it does best. Still, this is an awful lot to do for one Pokemon. And, going off of what I mentioned for 2, I'm not afraid of losing out on 1 Klefki to deal with another threat. Any ideas?

Finally, since everyone is sleeping at this time of night (for me), I'm not going to put replays up for a while.

Oh god so much Klefki... ppl will hate you.
Ok so I have a mono-Klefki in-game and for Mega Sableye i'm running Spikes + Dazzling Gleam. It's a 2HKO after 2 layers iirc. Probably not worth it - there are better megas in AG.
Yeah put Flash Cannon in one of the keyz for Mega Diancie.
Tbh mono-Klefki (or Klefki spam or w/e) it's just annoying and not that good (too rng reliant).
Also give me a shoutout

Oh god so much Klefki... ppl will hate you.
Ok so I have a mono-Klefki in-game and for Mega Sableye i'm running Spikes + Dazzling Gleam. It's a 2HKO after 2 layers iirc. Probably not worth it - there are better megas in AG.
Yeah put Flash Cannon in one of the keyz for Mega Diancie.
Tbh mono-Klefki (or Klefki spam or w/e) it's just annoying and not that good (too rng reliant).
Also give me a shoutout
How many times have a total of merely two Klefki not done a lot of damage to your team? I thought so...

Also, people already hate me, so I don't really care. ;)

I'll give you a shoutout when I update the team, I really don't know when that will be though....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)