Multifaction/FFA The First Mafia Game by Quentin Tarantino - Game Over, DVAS win

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The bar is dimly lit, the soft orange glow of the overhead lamps reflecting off the glossy dark wood surface of the counter itself. The soft murmur of voices is audible, but far from deafening - not too many people go drinking on a Sunday night.

There's a man sitting to your right. The wrinkles in his button-down shirt suggest that it hasn't been ironed in quite some time, if ever. The coffee stain on his khaki pants tells a similar story, and it's one that's far more interesting than the one he's telling. You begin to wonder if he's ever going to shut up.

"...and so I tell him, look, I don't care how much he's paying you, you don't skip out on the fuckin' Chili Peppers. I mean, here's a group of guys that have been making good tunes for God knows how long, and they're gonna be fuckin' dead in 5 years because their brains are fuckin' fried from all the coke, and here you are wasting away at your desk, doing grunt work for some shithead that thinks he's better than you because there's a hyphen in his last name..."

Mercifully, you finally manage to tune him out again. The bartender makes his way around to you, glancing at your empty glass. You nod, and within a few seconds an ice cold Red Apple Ale sits glistening in front of you.

You take a long sip, and begin to wonder what any of this has to do with a game of mafia.

Nothing at all, you eventually conclude. Nothing at all.

Cycles
This game uses the traditional day/night format. Unless noted in your role PM, all actions are used during the night, and all lynch voting occurs during the day. The game will start on Night 0, during which kills will not work, but all other actions will.

Factions
There are 8 (!) factions in this game. The following factions are uninformed:
  • The Deadly Viper Assassination Squad
  • The Domergue Gang
  • The Reservoir Dogs
  • The Third Reich
The following factions are informed:
  • The Bride
  • The Hangman's Legacy
  • The Marcellus Wallace Gang
  • The Basterds
In addition to the actions of its players, each faction can kill a player every other night. The informed factions do this simply by specifying an actor and a target. For uninformed factions, the player wishing to perform the kill must send a target; however, if more than one player on a faction sends a target, the kill will fail. All factions must eliminate every other faction to win.

Factional Buffs
Depending on which faction is the first to be eliminated, another faction will receive a buff of some sort. The factions which wish to eliminate each other first are as follows:
  • DVAS <-> Bride
  • Domergue Gang <-> Hangman's Legacy
  • Reservoir Dogs <-> Marcellus Wallace Gang
  • Third Reich <-> Basterds

The Lynch
There will be a lynch each day. To vote in the lynch, type some bolded variation of vote <user> in the main thread. To remove a vote, you must post an unvote. At the end of the cycle, the player with the most votes will be killed. A majority of votes will not result in an early deadline.

Actions
Most roles have actions to use each cycle. The exact method of using actions varies from role to role, and is specified in your role PM; however, in general, replying to the host conversation with a target for your action should work. The order in which actions occur (priority) is predetermined and will not change. I will not answer priority-related questions if they pertain to specific roles, but I may answer blanket questions (do kills outspeed inspectors? of course they do). Some roles have passive abilities rather than active actions, and do not need to specify when they are using their role. If I receive all possible actions in a night phase, I may end the phase early and advance to the next day.

Death
Dead players may not post lynch votes or use passive or active roles. Members of informed factions will be permitted to discuss strategy with their team, but will not be allowed to share information; members of uninformed factions are disallowed from deadtalking of any sort. Dead players may ask me for access to the master spreadsheet for the game, but in doing so will forfeit their right to talk to their faction in any capacity. Death is guaranteed to be permanent in this game.

Items
Don't exist.

Secrets and shit
All investigative roles are guaranteed to be 100% accurate. All cardflips are guaranteed to be 100% accurate. The hosts will not lie to you in any capacity. I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of players not on the factions listed above.

Communication
Screensharing of any sort is disallowed. Any other form of communication is OK. Real time chat via the Circus Maximus Discord channel or #circus on the synIRC network is highly encouraged. The faking of logs with other players is permitted. The impersonation of other players is not. Please do not quote verbatim anything told to you by the host; this includes your Role PM (you may share your role name)

Don't be a dick
To me, your fellow players, your parents, your friends, UncleSam, or really anyone. It's not very nice.

Playerlists:
Blazade
Paperblade
Jalmont
kirsche
[/hide]
Vanillish Wafer - Chris Mannix - Safeguard/Triple Mayor - Hangman's Legacy - Lynched D1

Asek - Adolf Hitler - 1/2 Redirector - Third Reich - Killed N1
Flyhn - Mr. Pink - Results Thief - Reservoir Dogs - Killed N1
Texas Cloverleaf - Bill - Inspector - Deadly Viper Assassination Squad - Killed N1
zorbees - Major Marquis Warren - Inspector/Hooker/OT Kill+Discover Rest of Target's Faction - Hangman's Legacy - Killed N1

Dogfish44 - General Sanford Smithers - Persuader - Domergue Gang - Lynched D2

RODAN!!! - Hattori Hanzo - Decoy/Ability Ensurer - The Bride - Killed N2
shade - Mr. Orange - Decoy/BPV - Reservoir Dogs - Killed N2

pancake - Daisy Domergue - Infinite BPV - Domergue Gang - Lynched N3

Former Hope - Budd - Some kinda super rogue? - DVAS - Killed N3
Mithril - Jody Domergue - Modified BG - Domergue Gang - Killed N3

Hitmonleet - Fredrick Zoller - Martyr/OT Lynch Redirect - Third Reich - Killed N4
vonFiedler - Jules Winnfield - Inspector/BPV/OT Kill + Team Omni - Marcellus Wallace Gang - Killed N4

acidphoenix rssp1 - Staff Sergeant Donny Donowitz - Rolecop/Hooker - Basterds - Lynched D5

ButteredToast - Joseph Goebbels - Rising Mayor - Third Reich - Killed N5
Da Letter El - ??? - Killed N5
Haruno - O-Ren Ishii - Triple Mayor/Expert Killer - DVAS - Killed N5
MoodyCloud - Vincent Vega - Vote Negator/Hooker - Marcellus Wallace Gang - Killed N5

penguin344 - Quentin Tarantino - Wolf - Lynched D6

Aubisio - Lt. Aldo Raine - Voted at half/Public faction marker/OT kill + janitor - Basterds - Killed N6
King_ - Nice Guy Eddie - Inspector - Reservoir Dogs - Killed N6

Apologies to those of you who didn't get in - the cuts were chosen based on perceived availability/access to chat services. You will have first right of refusal with regards to substitutions.

Role PMs are going out. Please don't post yet.

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've thought long and hard about how to approach this game. It seems like claiming a faction a crap shoot. Letting my opposing mafia know who I am could only increase the odds of them killing me really quickly, and probably greatly hurting my team in the process.

So here's what I'll reveal: My character is played by Michael Madsen. As such, the only people I want to talk to are The Third Reich and The Basterds, the only two teams that anyone can be certain I am both not on and not immediately opposing.

Asek

Banned deucer.
SAME AS VON

resevoir dogs and third reich contact me

But I will say: if you are not on these factions still contact me. we must work together to ensure our people prosper.

Last edited:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
I am Daisy Domergue. I will be leading this cute little Domergue Gang we got here.

ALL DOMERGUES CLAIM TO ME.

On a different note, if you have anything about "Elle Driver" in your Role PM, contact me as well, that one can be anonymous

With my position as a new player in a multifaction mafia game, I feel the need to make a post. Hopefully, this game will be enjoyable for all players. One way to do this is to play intelligently and cautiously.

While spouting the virtues of logical play may seem a foolish endeavor, as it will only help my opponents succeed, I see things a bit differently. Although it may be stupid, if we all play well, we will all be a lot happier. Nevertheless, some may ignore my statements. This is not a good idea, as we must all play well, or else we won't play well. Simply, it is imperative.

Together with our compatriots, be they known to us or not, we must play as well as we can. Otherwise, our team will fall apart.

Some may reject this, but they know it to be true. Everyone must think and be rational. Nevermore shall we players of the game be played by ourselves. Do not live in ignorance.

Acertain my statements as true, if you would, dear reader.

Meandering based on how we feel and not how we think will only lead to discord (heh!) and destruction. Every player must play as their mind believes, and not as their heart tells them. Sound thoughts make Sound play. Always thinking before doing. Greatness can only be gained by succeeding, and success only comes through logical play. Everyone, please head these words.

as said above, Together with our compatriots, be they known to us or not, we must play as well as we can. Otherwise, our team will fall apart.

Grasping success is important. Everyone must aspire to do so. Really, is there any other goal? Mafia is not a game of impulsiveness, and we must not play like it is. Amazing results only come from amazing deductions. Never should we simply guess. You must always think before you act.
?

or something like that.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
HEY SO THIS IS IMPORTANT AND I HOPE I'VE YET TO DICK ANYONE OVER WHO WAS TRYING TO MOLE

The DVAS and the Reservoir Dogs kill on odd nights. The Domergue Gang and the Third Reich kill on even nights.

...at least I hope that's correct because I'm not acruelly looking at my sheet right now lol

Anyways carry on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)