Other The Don's ORAS OU Team Building Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has access to Taunt + WoW which allows it to beat 'mons like Chansey, (Mega-)Slowbro (Taunt + Shadow Ball), Gothitelle (cannot be trapped), Skarmory, Heatran etc.

Awesome guide, lots of cool and underrated pokemon that seem fun to use.

One small thing A couple things, I think you should list
(#713 Avalugg)
as Hazard Removal and Physical wall.
Here is a previous post I made on its virtues in OU:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-ou-viability-ranking-thread-v3-rank-changes-are-over-until-oras.3515714/page-78#post-5780837

Edit: Also, another stallbreaker is
(#675 Pangoro)
Both CB and LO SD break stall

More edits:
(#691 Dragalgae)
A great TR pokemon, LO mixed breaks stall fairly well, and it also can run defensive toxic spikes
(#497 Serperior)
I would say it breaks balance, and Taunt Synthesis is a stallbreaker
(#652 Chesnaught)
The BD Sub Salac set is a balance/offense breaker
(#367 Gorebyss and #368 Huntail)
Seeing as you have Venomoth, these can go under Speed Boosting Offense Breakers as well. With ORAS tutors, Huntail has a niche over Gorebyss in its higher Atk and access to Sucker Punch
(#625 Bisharp)
While I haven't used the set that much, Rock Polish Bisharp can break offense, as it outspeeds scarf Keldeo at +2 and with +2 atk from Defiant can OHKO with Psycho Cut.
(#242 Blissey)
You have it mentioned under Fire Switchins, but not under Special Walls. It has a sizeable niche over Chansey in lefties recovery (for voltturn/sand/rocks) and no eviolite (for knock off)
(#373 Salamence)
With Intimidate, Salamence is an impressively bulky pokemon, avoiding 2HKO from LO Diggersby and beating Crawdaunt

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Awesome guide, lots of cool and underrated pokemon that seem fun to use.

One small thing A couple things, I think you should list
(#713 Avalugg)
as Hazard Removal and Physical wall.
Here is a previous post I made on its virtues in OU:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-ou-viability-ranking-thread-v3-rank-changes-are-over-until-oras.3515714/page-78#post-5780837

Edit: Also, another stallbreaker is
(#675 Pangoro)
Both CB and LO SD break stall

More edits:
(#691 Dragalgae)
A great TR pokemon, LO mixed breaks stall fairly well, and it also can run defensive toxic spikes
(#497 Serperior)
I would say it breaks balance, and Taunt Synthesis is a stallbreaker
(#652 Chesnaught)
The BD Sub Salac set is a balance/offense breaker
(#367 Gorebyss and #368 Huntail)
Seeing as you have Venomoth, these can go under Speed Boosting Offense Breakers as well. With ORAS tutors, Huntail has a niche over Gorebyss in its higher Atk and access to Sucker Punch
(#625 Bisharp)
While I haven't used the set that much, Rock Polish Bisharp can break offense, as it outspeeds scarf Keldeo at +2 and with +2 atk from Defiant can OHKO with Psycho Cut.
(#242 Blissey)
You have it mentioned under Fire Switchins, but not under Special Walls. It has a sizeable niche over Chansey in lefties recovery (for voltturn/sand/rocks) and no eviolite (for knock off)
(#373 Salamence)
With Intimidate, Salamence is an impressively bulky pokemon, avoiding 2HKO from LO Diggersby and beating Crawdaunt
Fuck Avalugg. It was shit when you posted it and is still shit now, especially with Mega Metagross running around. I'd rather run Donphan because it can run Rocks itself, provides actual defensive synergy since it has actual resists, and has Knock Off, and Donphan is still shit. CTC please don't add it.

EDIT: Apparently you said it was a troll post originally. http://users.smogon.com/forums/thre...-over-until-oras.3515714/page-79#post-5781386

Last edited:
I think Arcanine should be added as a physical wall. Thanks to intimidate+will-o-wisp it can actually beat things like Mega Metagross which isn't too bad.

Add Gallade to Trick Room Section, ohh and also Chandelure(she can learn Trick room to many people ignorance)

Wait do you mean Mega Gallade or normal Gallade, because Mega Gallade has base 110 speed, and regular Gallade kinda just sucks.

Base 110, but yeah normal sucks.
Well in this case Life Orb Trick Room on normal Gallade actually isn't bad as it's much slower, so it works to your advantage. Plus it's not a sitting duck and it may hit pretty hard with Life Orb on, so it may work as standalone cleaner. But yeah, outside of it always go with Mega Gallade for obvious reasons.

As a trick room sweeper I would just go with stuff like guts conkeldurr or mega camerupt or crawdaunt. Normal gallade is no viable even by CTC standards.

As a trick room sweeper I would just go with stuff like guts conkeldurr or mega camerupt or crawdaunt. Normal gallade is no viable even by CTC standards.
They can't set-up Trick Room on their own, while Gallade can, so you don't need to dedicate your full team into it. On dedicated TR team of course they are better picks, but look at this Gallade like on Offensive Porygon2 - that Trick Room is more for supporting your own cleaning (I call it cleaner as for sweeper it's too weak and you want to use it when your opponents team is really weakened) and in this case it's like an Agility, but the other way around. But you may still pair it up with something really slow like Rhyperior (and it sounds like a good idea as Gallade HATES bird spam, so Rhyperior may not only switch into those flying moves, but use those few turns of Trick Room to deal some massive damage back).

Of course outside of it you would be nuts to go with it instead of Mega Gallade, but this tiny, TINY niche is up for it. Is it really good ? It can work I guess... but I mostly typed this to support GOthee and his suggestion, not because I'm really hooked to the idea. And it's a simple fact that it can set-up Trick Room and use it for his own cleaning.

im bumping this up because it is an amazing thread for teambuilding and general knowledge, just so such a good thread like this just don't disappear.
Agreeing with this. Haunter, AM, ginganigga, whoever else I'm forgetting, would it be possible to sticky this? If not here, maybe in the RMT section or something? It's a solid resource, and like Bluwing said, I'd hate to see it get buried again so that it'll be harder to find if anyone wants to use it.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
If one of the other mods doesnt do it before I get home I'll be more than happy to. Also ctc small note that I talked about with other people but for your basic necessities such as 2 water resists, flying resist, etc. you should really emphasize on having a fairy resist if not 2.

What niche does Kyurem have over Kyurem-B in the stallbreaker section? Is it just the slight extra boost in power (on the spA side) and Pressure to widdle down PP? Just wondering because I haven't noticed any other reasons to use Kyurem>Kyurem-B.

the amount of blacklisted mons here...

but seriously, some of this stuff is underrated (i.e. fast screens Uxie) - just seems to be that nobody's trying them out because they don't know how to run it. For example, Flygon: What EVs would you run for its Defog set? what other two moves do you use outside Defog and Roost?

the amount of blacklisted mons here...

but seriously, some of this stuff is underrated (i.e. fast screens Uxie) - just seems to be that nobody's trying them out because they don't know how to run it. For example, Flygon: What EVs would you run for its Defog set? what other two moves do you use outside Defog and Roost?
Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Fire Blast / U-turn / Tailwind

In theory this Flygon could be usable. It's mainly good as a check to powerful special attackers non HP Ice Lando-I (which is becoming rare nowadays), Charizard-Y, non Icy Wind Gengar. It can act as an emergency check to mons like Manectric and Raikou. It also resists the EdgeQuake combination, thus being able to take on Landorus-T for example.
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Flygon: 155-182 (42.5 - 50%)
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Flygon in Sun: 158-186 (43.4 - 51%)
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Flygon: 156-185 (42.8 - 50.8%)
252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 152+ SpD Flygon: 248-296 (68.1 - 81.3%)

Last slot is a toss-up between U-turn for momentum (which you're not gonna be using that often since you need to be at full health to take on the aforementioned special wallbreakers) and Toxic to be somewhat useful against mons like Thundurus, Talonflame, and walls like Hippowdon.

huh?

HUH?

HUH???????????????????????????
Bisharp, metagross and excadrill have very good assault vest sets so they can take special hits easily, Bisharp (my favorite AV user) can take mega manectrics overheat, heatrans lavaplume and more.

PD: I am also astonish to see SHEDINJA as physical wall and in some way I want to try it xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)