ORAS OU The Dark Secret: RMT (OU)

thedarksecret.jpeg

This is just a standard Mega Gallade team. I have written about eight or nine RMTs on Smogon throughout the years, and it has been a long time since my last. My goal with this team was to keep it easy to recreate in the cartridge games and also to theme it off of characters from "The Dark Secret Saga". This is also a much more offensive team than the usual teams I have made throughout the years. This team has been a fun and successful team that I have been working with for the last few weeks and no immediate nor obvious threats/shutdowns have occurred to me; however, there are certainly flaws and uncertainties evident within.

dargor.jpeg

Bisharp is immensely fun to utilize. He provides my team with a strong form of priority, a way to chastise common switch-ins, a way to trap pesky psychic and ghost types, a way to nail fairies such as Clefable and Sylveon which can be an annoyance to Gallade, and even a way to discourage the use of Defog. This is an incredible pokemon; so much is accomplished by just the first member of my team. Adamant nature in conjunction with BlackGlasses maximizes all damage that is dealt by his most used moves as speed is not an issue due to the switches he causes as well as the (unreliable) priority move that he is blessed with. Bisharp is a member that is here to stay.

iras.jpeg

Rotom-Wash is nothing new to me. It has always been the most useful member on just about every team that I make to the point where it does not feel like I am playing Pokemon if it is not on my team. I tend of opt towards more offensive variants but I ultimately decided on a physically defensive variant to shut down huge threats such as Talonflame, Mega Metagross and Mega Pinsir. Volt Switch is the most used move which allows me to put a lot of pressure on my opponent. Leave it to a washing machine to pressure people. Hydro Pump is a very crucial move allowing me to take down the likes of Landorus-T and Excadrill. Will-O-Wisp is an ever-so-spamable move in the mid-late gate when special attackers are down. Rotom-Wash has proven to be an invaluable member of the team.

khaas.jpeg

Garchomp is the lead of the team most of the time. He is very powerful in the early game due to his power and speed as well as his ability to set up those inconspicuous igneous on the first turn most of the time, unless a threat has to be taken out ASAP such as a form of Mega Charizard. I decided to go for a mixed set due to my perplexing lack of a fire-type attack on my team. A Naive nature is made up for in the form of a Focus Sash. Sometimes I preserve Garchomp for the mid-game if I notice that my opponent has a significant Ground-type weakness. I use Outrage over Dragon Claw because the damage difference really is noticeable and also after setting up those entry hazards, his role is to just make holes in the opposing team.

lothen.jpeg

Sylveon is a pokemon I have never gave a fair shot. Its specially defensive set just did not appeal to me, as I would rather use something like Chansey as a specially defensive cleric. But, a mere cleric is not why Sylveon is on this team, and that surprisingly catches many off-guard. A Modest nature, Choice Specs, Pixilated STAB Hyper Voice is nothing to laugh at. It even deals more damage than a Choice Specs Keldeo. Sylveon is on the team to serve as a surprise wallbreaker, a dragon immunity, an answer to threats such as Mega Slowbro, and a special attack absorber if need be. Psyshock is here to nail Mega Venusaur and Conkeldurr on the switch, while Shadow Ball is here to nail Mega Metagross and Jirachi on the switch. Baton Pass is a way to retain momentum, though I rarely use it. Heal Bell is an alternative option.

etherus.jpeg

Greninja is just here because it is the next big thing. If this frog actually does get , banned (which I feel indifferent about), I could just replace it with Gengar maybe. It is rather crazy, however, when a mixed all-out attacker does not even need its own STAB moves to be good. Naive nature lets it take Bullet Punches and Mach Punches (when poison) better, because no one uses Vacuum Wave anymore (talking to you, Mega Lucario). Low Kick is here to demolish Bisharp, Heatran, and Tyranitar all to their surprise. Ice Beam is the go-to move since I do not have Hydro Pump, and it is a great way to kill Garchomp, Landorus, and Salamence. I use Grass Knot to take a shot at bulky waters, while Gunk Shot is used to send fairy types off to neverland.

erian.jpeg

Gallade is a pokemon that I really love to see being used so much in OU. He is the lone sweeper of my team that can Swords Dance on a switch and completely end a team that is weakened or slower than he is. He has a very adequate amount of bulk, allowing him to take just about any special attack without getting knocked out, which comes in handy more than often against threats like Mega Sceptile. Close Combat was chosen over Drain Punch for immediate power. Sometimes he does not get an opportunity to dance up, so the immediate power of Close Combat is preferred. Knock Off is here to...knock items off. Shocker. Also, it is a great way to hit psychics and ghosts that otherwise wall him. Lastly, Zen Headbutt is chosen over Psycho Cut for the added power as well. Missing sure does suck but when it hits it is worth the risk.

Conclusion:

Some general concerns I have with the team are that I do not have a scarfer, a reliable priority user, a status absorber/cleric, or a dedicated special wall. I can already predict people suggesting Clefable, but the raw power and occasional surprise factor that Sylveon provides is essential to the offensive nature of the team. Any other suggestions besides that one are welcome unless you really believe you can proselytize me with a vehement argument for the use of Clefable.

EDIT: Wow, these images are huge. Did not expect that. Any way to shrink them?​

i've seen rate my teams w/ pictures a lot bigger than that, don't worry about. I just Like to say that Fire Blast 2HKOs Skarms and Ferros w/o naive, so u can still use jolly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)