the best poke synergies!

I'm just talking about pokemon combos that work great together. Whether this be because of movesets, or resistances, or strategies or whatever else. This could be a simple pair of pokes, a trio or a complete baton passing chain.

Standard OU example:

Wish/U-turn Jirachi+ Bulkydos

Jirachi@ leftovers
-wish
-uturn
-zen headbutt
-relect/light screen/insert other support move here

Gyarados@ leftovers
-taunt
-DD
-EQ
-Ice fang

Jirachi passes wishes+whatever other support move to Gyarados very well where Gya's typing is immune/resists Jirachi's weaknesses. Makes keeping bulkydos around longer even easier than before.

Post the sets (ev's if it's important to the synergy) of the best combo's you've seen/used!

Growthtran.

My current team has them paired up with Gyarados and Garchomp. They cover each other pretty well, but I have Starmie problems.

A silly UU/NU combo I used in OU, to brilliant success.

Purugly
@ Leftovers

Hypnosis
U-Turn

Return
Shadow Claw

Relicanth @ Leftovers

Rock Polish
Head Smash
Earthquake
Waterfall

Purugly leads and hypnosises the opponent, it then proceeds to U-Turn out to Relicanth whilst the opponent sleeps, Relicanth then Rock Polishes and proceeds to sweep.

A silly UU/NU combo I used in OU, to brilliant success.

Purugly
@ Leftovers

Hypnosis
U-Turn

Return
Shadow Claw

Relicanth @ Leftovers

Rock Polish
Head Smash
Earthquake
Waterfall

Purugly leads and hypnosises the opponent, it then proceeds to U-Turn out to Relicanth whilst the opponent sleeps, Relicanth then Rock Polishes and proceeds to sweep.
I need to get into the UU/NU tiers, they always seem so fun.

I like that this exact topic is posted bi-weekly if not weekly. It keeps the repetition strong.

My favorite combo is the poke that is weak to ground paired with the one that is immune to it. It works so WELL!!!

I like that this exact topic is posted bi-weekly if not weekly. It keeps the repetition strong.

My favorite combo is the poke that is weak to ground paired with the one that is immune to it. It works so WELL!!!
Ha, well if that be the case maybe we should just get it stickied and call it a day.

Gyarados+Magnezone
Gyarados+Steelix
Gyarados+Heracross w. Pursuit
Gyarados+Metagross/Jirachi
Heatran+Dugtrio
Infernape+Metagross
Gengar+Blissey/Other Ghost
Heatran+Celebi

and a billion more :P Really, there are so many pokemon which cover each other well, you cant make a list...

ninjask @ focus sash
sword dance
baton pass
x siccors
rain dance/protect

Electravire @ expert belt
ice punch
earthquake
brikc break
thunderpunch
this combo works by baton passing +1or +2 speed and +2 attack to a sweeper that can't be super effectivly hit off the first pokemon's typing. Electravire is super effectively hit by only ground.
+ Ninjask is imune to ground

I myself am fond of the sweeper combo of:

Gengar+Drapion
Gengar+Weavile

Gengs and Drap fully cover each others weaknesses, and hit hard on both sides of the spectrum. Gengar doesn't cover Vile's Steel/Rock/Fire weaks, but Weavile is an easier pokemon to use.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Calm
252 HP/252 Sp Def
Serene Grace
Moveset:
-Roost
-Thunderwave
-Nasty Plot
-Air Slash

&

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP/252 Def/6 Atk
Solid Rock
Moveset:
-EQ
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock
-Megahorn

They resist each other's weaknesses pretty well. I do have Starmie issues with this, so I run either a Pursuiting Snorlax or a Weavile to take care of that. P-Z is also a problem. I usually throw in a Dugtrio in there to take care of Bliss, likely the only thing that can take repeated Nasty Plot Air Slashes. Other special walls are just posers. D:

Dragonite or Salamence and Metagross or Jirachi. If you use Agiligross and DDDragon, both cover each other's weaknesses and can sweep entire teams.

A Lapras + Vaporeon double battle is awesome. With a pair of absorbers running Surf every turn, you're dealing a crazy amount of damage and healing 25% each, plus the obligatory 6% with lefties.

Garchomp + Metagross is pretty nice...

Switch Metagross into a choiced Ice Attack (such as scarf gengar HP ice), and then agility. A pretty decent combo.

I'm just talking about pokemon combos that work great together. Whether this be because of movesets, or resistances, or strategies or whatever else. This could be a simple pair of pokes, a trio or a complete baton passing chain.

Standard OU example:

Wish/U-turn Jirachi+ Bulkydos

Jirachi@ leftovers
-wish
-uturn
-zen headbutt
-relect/light screen/insert other support move here

Gyarados@ leftovers
-taunt
-DD
-EQ
-Ice fang

Jirachi passes wishes+whatever other support move to Gyarados very well where Gya's typing is immune/resists Jirachi's weaknesses. Makes keeping bulkydos around longer even easier than before.

Post the sets (ev's if it's important to the synergy) of the best combo's you've seen/used!
Same thing with Salamence, except Trade Taunt and Ice Fang for Dragon Claw and Brick break. (Resists Jirachi's Weaknesses also, and this may even work better as Jirachi resists Ice Beam, and Dragon attacks).

A Lapras + Vaporeon double battle is awesome. With a pair of absorbers running Surf every turn, you're dealing a crazy amount of damage and healing 25% each, plus the obligatory 6% with lefties.
Try a Quagsire+Mantine. Both also use surf, but Mantine is also immune to Eq, and Quagsire is immune to Sandstorm and hits electric types with EQ.

Quagsire @ Life Orb

Eq
Surf
Ice Beam
Protect

Mantine @ Leftovers

HP Electric
Surf
Protect
Rain Dance (for boosted Surf)

Skarmbliss = Destoryed by many strong CB users... CB Hera laughs at skarmory....

Although I am guessing you were joking...

I tried this, and specs'd both of them.

Nuts.

Everyone forgot Skarmbliss...
The advent of Life Orb and Expert Belt pretty much destroyed SkarmBliss.... not to mention CB Close Combat or Flare Blitz(though the later one is suicide against Blissey).

While Blissey can be EVed to take the fiercest Special attacks, sadly, Skarmory can't keep up with the physical side. While Electric and Fire type physical attacks aren't common, with STAB and a CB they can often 2HKO Skarm.

So with that, a CB(or Meditated) Thunderpunch from Electivire is probably a 2HKO on both. And Electivire isn't even close to the top of physical prowness.

SkarmBliss can work, but however is often overcome because of the pure sheer power that was brought into DP through the advent of STAB 120 base physical moves, Life Orb, and the physical/ special split.

Really lame synergy, but it always counters me when I try my hand at Double Battling:

Rhyperior + Gyarados

Lighting rod takes in everything trying to get rid of gyara, giving it free time to DD, whilst Rhy can EQ the electric pokemon away. Its fucking annoying, and is the reason why I don't double battle often.

Defensive Wise, I like Gliscor+Empoleon. Scor is weak to Ice and Water, both of which Empoleon resist. Empoleon is weak to Electric, Ground, and Fighting, two of them Scor being immune to, while Gliscor resists Fighting. Empoleon can Set up SR and Roar away opponents, while Gliscor can knock off items.

Mixape ruins it however, but i ussually pack Cress (or Uxie) to take care of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)