AG The Anything Goes Open - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Art by LifeisDANK

Welcome to the Anything Goes Open!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • OM Grand Slam IV information can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Anything Goes ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • US/UM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are recommended to prevent disputes.
Round 4

Megazard vs Hassin627
EternalSnowman vs Landkon2
Jrdn vs ice-master-523
PurpleGatorade vs GaleWingsOP
Fardin vs Arushi
lkapkd1 vs Sets
Silent Mobius vs Lithe Haze
Plas vs LloydReedTheWhiteWolf
cielbakasan vs Chloe
RaJ.Shoot vs highlighter
GRNBLN vs nehtri
GarbodorIsHot vs Drakus04

Deadline is Sunday 02/10 11:59 PM UTC

Last edited:
Once again here are my completely unnecessary and not-asked-for predictions:

Megazard vs Hassin627
EternalSnowman vs Landkon2
Jrdn vs ice-master-523 - he beat ham
PurpleGatorade vs GaleWingsOP
Fardin vs Arushi - HL Match
lkapkd1 vs Sets
Silent Mobius
vs Lithe Haze - HL Match #2
cielbakasan vs Chloe
RaJ.Shoot vs highlighter
GRNBLN
vs nehtri - HL Match #3
GarbodorIsHot vs Drakus04

Good luck to all, and remember: OU teams can win roomtours with shitty players in them

Megazard vs Hassin627 - I want to see this match when they play it out, I like Hassin a lot as a player but when it comes to it in the end I feel like megazard has more of the edge because of how much of a consistent player he is in these tours. Unless Hassin plays really well, then mz is my choice for this matchup.
EternalSnowman vs Landkon2 - snowman is the better player and is very underrated in this tournament, but I know they will make it far. Good luck!
Jrdn vs ice-master-523 - I like ice master and hopes he proves me wrong with this match, but jrdn is also a really player and did very good this tournament especially with the games with ham.
PurpleGatorade vs GaleWingsOP - purple hasn’t lost his touch at all in his months gone, keep at it!
FardinAG vs Arushi - I think arushi should be able to win if they prep well enough for fardins teams
Ikapkd1 vs Sets - Sets is good, so I see no problem for him in this round. Good luck anyways both of you.
Silent Mobius vs Lithe Haze - Silent is the clear winner here and might even go for a second win at a ag tour at that, and idk lithe much but only that they play ladder in ag but either way good luck to y’all!
Plas vs LloydReedTheWhiteWolf - idk either of them but good luck!
cielbakasan vs Chloe - hopefully Chloe will use vileplume and finally add it in VR
Raj.Shoot vs highlighter - I heard of highlighter and they are a good player overall, but i think raj should be able to win if he preps for his next games.
GRNBLN vs nehtri - Unless nehtri brings some good memes and catches grn off guard, then my vote goes for grnbln. Good luck! Both good players.
GarbodorIsHot vs Drakus04 - the closeted weeaboo should win this

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Megazard vs Hassin627
EternalSnowman vs Landkon2 - u dont need to main ag to be guud at it
Jrdn vs ice-master-523 - i dont see it going any other way after wat jrdn did last round
PurpleGatorade vs GaleWingsOP - could possibly go to g3 or even an upset but 70% for pg
Fardin vs Arushiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
lkapkd1 vs Sets - simple
Silent Mobius vs Lithe Haze - 70/30
Plas vs LloydReedTheWhiteWolf - tuf 50/50
cielbakasan vs Chloe - this is the comeback tour for chloe
RaJ.Shoot vs highlighter - another tuf mu, cant decide the winner
GRNBLN vs nehtri - once again, both are good and i cant chose
GarbodorIsHot vs Drakus04 - goat

Last edited:

Kate

Moving In Stereo
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Back from r1 death for some hot predicts:
Megazard(70) vs Hassin627(30)
EternalSnowman(60) vs Landkon2(40)
Jrdn vs ice-master-523 A match I'm pretty excited for, Ice Master and Jrdn are both good players, can't pick a clear favorite here.
PurpleGatorade(55) vs GaleWingsOP(45) It's hard to doubt Gale in big matches like this, time and time again he's proved he can hang with the best, but PG is one of the best players of AG, ever.
Fardin(55) vs Arushi(45) Another exciting one, Fardin should win, however I would expect it to go three.
Silent Mobius(85) vs Lithe Haze(15)
GRNBLN(65) vs nehtri(35) Nehtri is a very underrated player, but I really don't see an upset here.
GarbodorIsHot(90) vs Drakus04(10)- Skarph may be overhyped sometimes, but this is literally the easiest predict of my life, Skarph would probably have to be struck by lightning to lose this.

My overall thoughts on r4 is kinda boring. While there are some exciting matches, most of them have clear skill gaps that make it hard to expect extremely close matches. So many good players have been knocked out already, it really makes it hard to have riveting matches, but here's hoping :)

Silent Mobius

Banned deucer.
Round 4 Predicts:
Megazard(70) vs Hassin627(30) I do not know who Hassin627 is, but I know Megazard has been one of the most consistent players in ag tours.
EternalSnowman(40) vs Landkon2(60) I don't know either well and will just give Landkon2 the love.
Jrdn(50) vs ice-master-523(50) Jrdn is a legend from what I hear and slayed Ham, while Ice-master is a pretty good player himself.
PurpleGatorade(50) vs GaleWingsOP(50) This match could go either way. Galewings is a very good player who has been hard at work building teams and testing. PG has been absent the last 6 months, but is a legend of the game and was born to play mons.
Fardin(50) vs Arushi(50) A highlight match for sure. Both are great players and this will probably be decided by the mu.
Silent Mobius vs Lithe Haze Lithe is a much better player than some people think and could pull the upset.
Plas vs LloydReedTheWhiteWolf I don't know either player. Who could pick against a player named Plas?
GRNBLN(45) vs nehtri(55) Another highlight match. Both are very good players. I will pick Nehtri based on how scary his memes can be. Unorthodox stuff can tip the scale in a series.
GarbodorIsHot(70) vs Drakus04(30)- Not really much to say here. Skarph is a top 5 player and I don't know who Drakus is. I give Drakus a small chance since you have to be competent enough at mons to make round 4.
Gl to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)