Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
sorry for bad english
1-Android 5 and Android 9
2-Chrome
3-DuckDuckGo,Samsung Internet Browser and many other but same thing happens
4-I dont know (I started the game again after 1 year break but it wasnt doing that bug one year ago)
5-GeredeBoi
6-If im not using the wifi the game get stuck on the main mennu saying "Connecting..." but when on wifi the bug doesnt appear i can just play the game my friend has the same issue and if we gotta fight or something else we have to connect a wifi :/
My Pokémon Showdown is loading infinitely so I can do nothing in the game just make teams, then I already reset my laptop, tried it on another site, installed the showdown for Windows and it still doesn't change anything, so I don't know what I do more.
Is it failing to connect to the server, or not loading at all? What browser are you using, what version is it, and are you on a mobile device? Are there any error messages in the console? You can access the console through developer tools (ctrl+shift+i on most browsers).

Last edited:

HiZo

make it rain
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
  1. iOS iPad
  2. Safari
  3. The issue persists on my phone, which is also iOS with Safari.
  4. Today
  5. Pokemondeadchannel
  6. The Keyboard doesnt show up when trying to chat in chatrooms, I can only use the Keyboard in PMs. I also cannot use the keyboard in battle chat.

Is it failing to connect to the server, or not loading at all? What browser are you using, what version is it, and are you on a mobile device? Are there any error messages in the console? You can access the console through developer tools (ctrl+shift+i on most browsers).
The play button says "Connecting..." instead of "Play" I dont get any error messages its just loading infinitely I can change my team look at my team etc... but cant play,watch other players matches

also tried opera and mozilla still the same thing :/

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
The play button says "Connecting..." instead of "Play" I dont get any error messages its just loading infinitely I can change my team look at my team etc... but cant play,watch other players matches

Are you on a mobile device?

I'm getting this same error now but I'm on MacOS with Safari. Will try restarting.

It isn't connecting for me either. I'm trying both in Chrome and Mozilla for Windows 10 and it keeps saying "loading..." and "connecting..."

Edit: I tried to connect to smogtours and the message "Couldn't connect to server!" appeared. It didn't happen at the main server though

Mamoo

I don't blunder in life, I just gambit a lot.
is a Top Tiering Contributor
1 - Windows 7
2 - Google Chrome Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)
3 - Internet Explorer & yes it happened on that browser as well.
4 - It started 2 days ago
5 - Mamoo88
6 - I have been trying to play for the last couple of days but whenever I try load the website I keep getting these infinite loading messages. I can access the teambuilder but nothing else. I don't get a connection timeout error message or anything else. It's just stuck like this forever
It's a similar problem to what user Nham nham is facing.

Capture.PNG

1 - Windows 7
2 - Google Chrome Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)
3 - Internet Explorer & yes it happened on that browser as well.
4 - It started 2 days ago
5 - Mamoo88
6 - I have been trying to play for the last couple of days but whenever I try load the website I keep getting these infinite loading messages. I can access the teambuilder but nothing else. I don't get a connection timeout error message or anything else. It's just stuck like this forever
It's a similar problem to what user Nham nham is facing.

View attachment 212621
Same problem here, Username is the same as here BlizzardOTE, using the windows 10 desktop app, I also tried on chrome, same thing there

• Windows 10
  • Opera
  • I have tried chrome and the official app.
  • Today.
  • iloseilose
  • An infinite loop of "Connecting" and "Loading" where I can't look at the ladder, find a battle, or chat in rooms.

I'm basically having the same problems as everyone else right now; it just never gets out of the "Connecting" phase.
  • Windows 10
  • Chrome
  • Username = PokePoindexter
  • Started today

It seems that Smogon is actually working on PS, Probably for banning Dynamax, I have the same problem !

Do not be scared, it must be an update..

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Were experiencing technical difficulties yes. Its a network issue that is outside of our control unfortunately, so we just have to wait it out.

Update 12/17/2019 @ 9:26 AM EST:
As of this morning the network issue is still occurring, we are making progress on fixing it though.

Last edited:
I tried yesterday on Edge after having issues with Chrome and Mozilla and it worked (although there were issues when looking for a battle, as sometimes I got into 3 battles at the same time)
Still having issues with Chrome and Mozilla for Windows 10 and Chrome for Android 9...

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
1 - Windows 8.1
2 - Google Chrome latest
3 - Cant connect in any other browser including mobile
4 - Been like this for 36 hours
5 - Perish Song
6 - Cannot connect to server at all, stuck at loading for ever.

1 - Windows 10 | Android
2 - Firefox | Google Chrome latest
3 - Can't log on
4 - Been like this for 1 hour after loading trouble for 24+hours
5 - Nohime23
6 - Was stuck at loading like everyone else, now it works but login fails without error message : it just does nothing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)