Team Ultimate Pwnage

Sup people. This is a team i worked with my tutor, AndViet a while ago. It's a bulky offensive rain team, and i peaked at a rating of 1350 with this team(Or somewhere around that). After playing this team for a while, i realized Jellicent being a huge problem to this team, considering Rotom-W can only 3HKO it with Volt Switch. Stall teams are also a problem to this team. HP Grass Rotom-W puts holes in my teams as well. So, some advice is all i needed for this team and without furder ado, imma present you Team Ultimate Pwnage.

Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Specs Toed is a monster. This thing hits like a truck and i don't even remember how many times i cleared half of people's teams with Specs Hydro Pump. Ice Beam and Focus Blast hits Latias and Ferrothorn respectively with decent damage, and HP Grass scores a clean OHKO on Gastrodon.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick
Rotom-W is one the best Revenge Killers in OU in my opinion. The evs of this set let me outspeed base 130 speed pokes and Modest so that could hit everything hard with a Stab Hydro Pump in Rain. HP Grass is chosen to stop me from completely being walled by Gastrodons and Trick cripples walls and stuff like that.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Thunder
- Iron Head
I used to have a Sub CM Jirachi in this slot, but then AndViet realized my team being a lil weak to Offensive threats like Trick Room Reuniclus and CM Virizion considering Toxicroak can't take hits from Virizion all day, so he quickly suggested Sp Def Rachi > Sub CM Rachi. The set explains it all, Thunder is used over Body Slam since it's a rain team.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
Gliscor was suggested by AndViet seeing that I dont have a counter for Excadrill and Baton Pass may be annoying to my team. Standard SD set was chosen since this is probably the best set for this team.

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
FUCK YEAH GASTRODON. This thing was chosen for my team to wall Sub CM Rachi, which may be a threat to my team. Ice Beam surprises Latios switch ins that usually thought i would go for Scald/Earth Power. It walls Sub Disable Gengars as well.

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop
- Sucker Punch
After completing 5/6 of the team, AndViet reminded me that i don't have a solid Physical Attacker so i immediately thought of Mynism's Toxicroak. I changed the nature from Adamant to Jolly to make sure I could outspeed Maxed Speed Heatrans that could check me with Earth Power.

So that's all. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Offensive Threats

Aerodactyl - Rotom-W outspeeds and kills it with Volt Switch.
Breloom - Gliscor walls it pretty well and Toxicroak resists all of its moves.
Conkeldurr - Gliscor's Taunt says hi and Toxicroak resists all of its moves.
Darmanitan - Probably not much of a problem as long as rain is up.
Deoxys-S - Jirachi walls this thing pretty well.
Dragonite - Gliscor can Ice fang it, and Rotom-W can outspeed +1 and Trick it a scarf.
Empoleon - Not a common threat in the OU metagame. Rotom-W handles it well.
Espeon - Rotom-W's Hydro Pump in rain can OHKO it as long as Light Screen isnt up.
Excadrill - Gliscor and Rotom-W(As long as rain is up) checks it pretty well.
Gengar - Jirachi walls this thing pretty well.
Gyarados - Now this is a problem. As long as it doesnt get to +2, i could Volt Switch with Rotom-W to finish it off.
Haxorus - This thing hits my team pretty hard. I usually need to sac something in order to kill it.
Heatran - Almost everything in my team checks it pretty well.
Heracross - Gliscor walls every move it has.
Hydreigon - Jirachi walls it as long as rain is up.
Infernape - Rotom-W outspeeds and kills it.
Jirachi - Gliscor can check it pretty well, and Toed can hit it hard with Hydro Pump.
Jolteon - Rotom-W outspeeds and kills it with Hydro Pump.
Kingdra - With rain up, this thing is pretty deadly to my team. I'll need to play around it.
Kyurem - Jirachi walls it pretty well.
Landorus - As long as it's not scarfed, Rotom-W outspeeds and kills it. Gliscor handles scarf variants pretty well.
Latios - Gastrodon and Jirachi walls this thing pretty hard.
Lilligant - Now what's a lilligant?Lol.
Lucario - Rotom-W can take a +2 e-speed and OHKO back with Hydro Pump.
Machamp - Gliscor takes hits from this thing pretty well, bar Ice Punch and Croak resists almost every move it has.
Magnezone - Gliscor checks it.
Mamoswine - Rotom-W checks it and Toxicroak could outspeed and kill it.
Metagross - Rotom-W OHKOs with Hydro Pump in rain.
Mienshao - Rotom-W outspeeds and OHKO it.
Reuniclus - Jirachi does a great job walling it all day.
Roserade - Gliscor could Taunt it, and Jirachi could take Leaf Storms from it any day.
Salamence - Now this is a threat to my team. All I have to do is play around it and keep it from setting up.
Sawsbuck - This thing wouldnt do much to my team as long as rain is up.
Scizor - Rotom-W takes bullet punch and OHKO back with Hydro Pump in rain.
Scrafty- As long as it doesnt get to +2, Toxicroak could switch in and OHKO with Cross Chop.
Shaymin - Jirachi walls it.
Sigilyph - Now Rotom-W can handle it as long as it doesnt set up to +2 or higher.
Smeargle - Rotom-W outspeeds, Gliscor could Taunt it.
Starmie - Rotom-W outspeeds and kills.
Terakion - Rotom-W outspeeds and kills SD/Banded variants while Gliscor does a great job walling Choise Scarf variants.
Thundurus - Rotom-W outspeeds and OHKOs with Hydro Pump, Gastrodon walls it pretty well.
Tornadus - Jirachi.
Tyranitar - Jirachi could iron head it all day, croak checks it, Toed switches into it and OHKO with Hydro Pump.
Venusaur - It's not much of a problem to this team as long as rain is up.
Victini - Same as above.
Virizion - Jirachi.
Volcarona - Now this thing hurts my team a lil. As long as it doesnt get to +2, everything would be alright :)
Weavile - Now when was the last time i saw a Weavile?
Zoroark - Rotom-W outspeeds and kills, Rachi walls it.

Defensive Threats

Blissey - Croak checks it
Bronzong - Toed and Rotom-W hurts it pretty well with Rain boosted Hydro Pump.
Celebi - Jirachi.
Chansey - Same as Blissey.
Deoxys-D - Now who the F*** uses this in OU?
Dusclops - Toed does a good chunk to it with rain boosted specs Hydro Pump.
Ferrothorn - Croak checks it.
Forretress - Not a problem at all.:)
Gliscor - Rotom-W and Toed says hi to it.
Hippowdon - Toed/Rotom-W switches in and Hydro his ass.
Jellicent - Now this is a problem considering Rotom-W can only 3HKO it with Volt Switch. I could trick it tho.
Latias - Jirachi + Gastrodon FTW.
Murkrow - Now what's a murkrow?
Ninetales - Toed switches in and Hydro his ass hard.
Politoed - Rotom-W checks it.
Porygon2 - Croak checks it with Cross Chop.
Rotom-W - Gastrodon walls it pretty well bar HP Grass/Trick.
Skarmory - Not a prob.
Snorlax - Toxicroak anyone?
Suicune - Now, suicune.LOL.Rotom-W checks it.
Swampert - Toed one shot it.
Tentacruel - Now this is a problem.Since Volt Switch does Jackshit to it.
Vaporeon - Croak sets up on it.
Whimsicott - Gotta play around it.
Xatu - Rotom-W.
Zapdos - Rotom-W.

I see you have put alot of time and effort into this team darren, I like the idea of the toxicroak set pretty sexy j/s. You could try a Stockpile set on Gastro, it works really good in rain. Thats about all congradz on the points you got with this team ;D

Hey darren :] Nice team.

First off, run Adamant over Jolly on Toxicroak. Heatran is barely a threat to a rain team, and max speed Heatrans are barely getting use over the specially defensive set. Adamant provides you with much more power and lets Toxicroak shred though teams much more easily.

Even though you have a rain team, a Volcarona can do some major damage to your team. Scald in rain is a 2HKO on Thundurus without Stealth Rock, and Jirachi handles Latios and Sub Disable Gengar pretty easily. Therefore, switch to a Sassy Nature and run Earthquake over Ice Beam. Earthquake allows Gastrodon to defeat Volcarona much more effectively, and lets you do much more damage to pokemon such as Jirachi and Blissey compared to Earth Power.

Since you already have Hidden Power Grass on Politoed, run Thunder over HP Grass on Rotom-W. This will make Jellicent much less of a threat for you; Gastrodon can be crippled by Trick regardless.

Overall, solid team :] Good luck.

Hey Darren, this is a pretty well structured Rain Dance team. Politoed is a monster with Choice Specs but if you lack the PP for Hydro Pump firing the stab can might be an issue, so I recommend you replacing Hidden Power[Grass] for Surf. Surf can give you can an upper-edge, it can secure your Hydro Pump PP till you really need it. I can see you having a lot of trouble facing stall since your team lacks a Rapid Spin support. In order to fix your that weakness I'd suggest replacing Rotom-W for a LO Starmie. Here's the set:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
Starmie is a great pokemon to be in a Rain Team. It supports well and still can become deadly at the same time. Hydro Pump is for stab in the rain, Thunder is a 100% move which can help you sweep a weaken team every easily.

I agree with TheMasterOfOZ to change Toxicroaks nature to Adamant. Fixing your Gastrodon can also be beneficial to you like Ravenn said. Lastly I'd suggest replacing Gliscor for a Zapdos:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Toxic
- Thunder/Discharge/Thunderbolt
- Substitute/Heat Wave/Hidden Power[Ice]/Hidden Power[Grass]/Signal Beam/Roar
Zapdos is simply an awesome poke to have in a Rain Team. With packing Pressure it can stall out a poke pretty nicely. Thunder is the main stab move in this set, if you face trouble hitting it you can replace it with Discharge. Rest of the moveset is to make it an effective wall. The last move really depends your style or the thing you're having trouble facing. Overall this team now looks pretty solid.

Glad it helped. Good Luck!

a very nice team darren mayby you could try scarf on poli over specs? ive tryed it on this team and works pretty well up to you though :P

Okay, I'm sorry, but there is no originality to this team. It's a pretty basic Rain team. I would recommend putting a strong Electric-type on the team, or giving Rotom-W Thunder, as that would cripple Jellicent. Another option is Vaporeon, as in the rain, it can be almost impossible to take down. Ludicolo is another strong option, as SubSeed Ludicolo with Rain Dish and Leftovers can bring out infinite Subs, a very valuable tool. The latter two would make the team a bit slower, but I've had them come in very handy before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)