ORAS OU Team testing and stuff and such

As a fan of battling with stuff I like, rather than what's favored, I decided I would try out a mix of things that work well together on paper, and see how it went. I have yet to do thorough testing, as satellite internet drags my matches on and on waiting for my move choices to be sent through the server, but this team works well against my friends and has fared decently well online thus far. Team inside the spoiler, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

The 'star' of the team. Jolteon is one of my favorite Pokémon, and I kinda sorta had to find some way to make it viable. The given EV spread lets it outpace everything in OU that isn't scarfed (assuming adamant Talonflame because jolly's not a thing anymore, is it?) and proceed to either grab momentum with a Specs-boosted Volt Switch or smack just about anything in the tier with coverage moves of choice.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 4 SpA / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

When I first beat my Alpha Sapphire and went looking for legendaries, the first one I found was Heatran. As I went through the battle I looked up it's uses on here and decided to check them against the mon I caught. Much to my pleasure, the Heatran I caught had a calm nature and perfect HP and Special Defense EVs. This was my sign to put it on my team, and here I am. Usual specially defensive build is usual, I guess.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 12 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Scyther is my favorite Pokémon, but seeing as how it can't do much outside of a Scarfed (covered in the next Pokémon down, we'll get there) or Banded (meh) set, the next best option was Scizor, and it got a Mega, so why not? Using modified EVs built for level 50, this set is meant to be a bulky boosting set. Granted, the specially defensive roll is filled by Heatran, but this thing looks cool and I wanted to use it, and this set has worked decently. I may try to see about a set without SpD EVs in favor of standard Def EVs, but that's for the future to decide.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Scarfchomp. Dare I say 'nuff said? (Yes I know Outrage > Dragon Claw but I don't like being trapped)

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

This monster will eat your house, your car, and your left leg, so long as you don't hit it twice. A friend of mine challenged me to see who could get a shiny one first in breeding, and he won by like two minutes, but I decided that since I had already bred it I would use it, and this thing has done wonders. Obviously suffers from a bit of frailty, but as a general rule things die before the frailness matters.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Gonna be honest, ran out of stuff I wanted to use. This was thrown on because I had nothing better to use and wanted another form of priority, and the little golden bunny didn't seem too bad. It also gave my team an even 3/3 for physically and specially based attackers, so that was a nice bonus for my OCD.

And that about sums up the team. Any ideas or judgment would be appreciated. Until such a time as I reply, have yourselves a good day

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello, Shadow0X3 ! Pretty cool team there, but onto the rate:

Your team is fairly weak to Excadrill in the sand. It can tear through most of your Pokemon, bar Azumarill and Garchomp (if Excadrill isn't carrying the Air Balloon). Also, your team currently lacks a form of hazard removal, which makes you partially weak to hazard stacking teams. To fix this, expect me to add a check to Excadrill as well as a Pokemon to remove hazards.

Jolteon is a very "niche Pokemon" in the OU metagame. As it only outspeeds the likes of Talonflame. Other than that, it's rather weak compared to other electric types such as Mega Manectric or Raikou. However I'm not going to suggest any of those. Instead, I'm going to advise you go for Latias. Latias gives you a good check to threats such as Mega Venusaur, can remove hazards and can still hit a lot of things hard. Latias also gives you an easier way to deal with Keldeo, as it isn't really safe to risk getting burned by a potential Scald with Azumarill. Instead you can just outspeed and KO with Psyshock. Not only that, but it can provide Healing Wish support which could be beneficial to your clean up Pokemon such as Garchomp or your Azumarill.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock / Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish / Recover

Your team is also rather weak to Unaware Clefable. It can switch in on your Garchomp if it used Dragon Claw and force it out. Over time, your Heatran will just go down, as it'll be able to shrug off all the damage with its recovery options of Moonlight or Wish. With this, I would suggest you go for a Stallbreaker Heatran Set. This'll allow you to get the upper hand on the likes of Clefable and even some set up sweepers.

Heatran @ Leftovers / Air Balloon / Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic / Solar Beam

Now I don't think a Bulky SD set would really fit here. Instead, I feel just Offensive SD would work. It gives you much more attack at the cost of bulk. And at the looks of this team, bulk doesn't matter TOO much. I'm guessing this is Hyper Offense?
http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/212.gif[/IMG]
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite / U-Turn

Now I really think this switch will benefit your team and help your weakness against Excadrill slightly better. I am going to suggest you use Landorus-Therian. It has access to Intimidate, which could be extremely useful when dealing with physical threats. Its typing also allows it to deal with Excadrill a bit better, being immune to Earthquake and all.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide / Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

I would honestly change the spread to a simple 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe . The extra bulk isn't really needed, right? What are you aiming to live? Also with 248, you'll be slower than most other Serperior.

I honestly think you should consider running a Choice Band here. It'll give you a much better chance against Excadrill, having a much higher chance of OHKO'ing it, completely OHKO'ing it with stealth rocks up. It also packs much more of a punch than Assault Vest Azumarill. And I'd also consider Superpower > Knock Off, as it'll allow you to hit Ferrothorn harder.

That's all I have for the team! Good luck!

To explain the weird EV spreads, this was all made for level 50, because it's meant to be used in-game, so that every Pokémon ends up with an odd HP number, and the 4 Def EVs left on Serperior was a mistake made by me when I was moving the team over. And, onto the suggestions:
Raikou > Jolteon is true, but the point was to use Jolteon effectively. I've got another team I may make a test run through the ladder with that specializes in Jolteon shenanigans.
Superpower > Knock Off on Scizor. Now this is probably just my own bias, because I don't like moves that decrease my stats. And Scizor had Knock Off before I had Azumarill on the team. Given that I'll probably change it to a more offensive set, I'll probably look into it, as Exodus Latios said. And speaking of segways...
Latias. My only problem with running Latias is getting Defog onto it within ORAS, as I don't think I know of a way how, and going all the way back to Sapphire and then sending it forward sounds like a pain. As for Smogon, understandable and a really nice idea I hadn't thought of. Fun fact, I hadn't hit a hazard team until the match after posting this thread, at which point my weakness to them became apparent.
Stallbreaker Heatran sounds interesting. I've never used Heatran outside of a specially defensive role, so this would be new ground for me. And it wouldn't be hard to catch the Heatran in OR and just trade it over to AS and restart, so I'll probably get that going on.
As for Scizor, the bulky set was just the most effective when I first built the team, and over time my friends have come to expect it in battle. The offensive SD set might be a good idea if I'm converting this team to full hyper offense.
Landorus. Landorus Landorus, Landorus. I used this thing for a while, and Garchomp always seemed to be what I was looking for, because Choice Scarf. However, switching over to an offensive Heatran opens up my rock setter, and Landorus with a Rocky Helmet on seems to get the job done quite well.
As for the last two, I've already mentioned Serperior, and Azumarill + Band doesn't seem horrible. Gives me priority and power all at once. I'll definitely be breeding up some fresh stuff and giving these a try. Thank you, guys (and/or girls because covering my bases)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)