Team Super Rad

Well that's not really the team name but didn't really have one in mind so that spit out lmao. Anyways, my team isn't really focused on a tier group I guess, and more over a concept of "hey lets see if some of my favorites can work together in a somewhat competitive team." Probably not perfect, but hey I guess that's what this thread is for haha.

Scolipede "Century" @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Nature: Impish
-Mega Horn
-Agility/Iron Defense
-Protect
-Baton Pass

Nothing to revolutionary, but from reading over the dedicated thread for the centipede, it seemed like a really good choice. Setting up speed is the game obviously in attempt to pass over to either Marowak primarily, but Rotom-W and Doublade wouldn't mind it either probably. The point of Agility was to possibly get a a +4 Speed boost for Marowak by the end of the 2nd turn (first turn Protect to get a free speed boost, second turn Agility and speed boost for a total of +4), meaning Marowak's speed should be a base 135. However just one Iron Def would make him incredibly bulky physically, so I'm having issues deciding. Lastly Mega Horn for Taunt prevention.

Marowak "Tenacious" @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Nature: Adamant
-Bonemerang
-Double-Edge
-Stone Edge
-Aerial Ace/Protect/Smack Down

Fully aware of the gamble he can be, but I love him to death. With maxed Atk and Thick Club, running out the gates with 568 Atk, and hopefully the quick speed boosts from Scolipede, he can become something extremely scary and hopefully an unexpected surprise to opponents. Bonemerang breaks through Subs, Focus Sash, and Sturdy users. Double-edge for good neutral offense with no repercussions thanks to Rock Head. Stone Edge for anything that flies or has Levitate. Last slot once again lost on since I don't have access to Gen V stuffs. Aerial Ace is nice for grass types, Protect for buying extra time, or Smack Down to, well, smack down flying things.

Manectric "Wonderbolt" @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod (Intimidate)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Nature: Modest
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Volt Switch

Kinda what I've been seeing most on Mega Manectric, though I opted for Modest instead of Timid for extra power. His 135 base speed blisters past most things and the extra little power can hopefully be the small boost to make a 2HKO into a OHKO, or something rather. First 3 moves for good coverage, and Volt Switch to get in and out when needed, since both Noivern and Rotom-W reject ground moves and can also Volt Switch/U-Turn him back.

Noivern "Clip" @ Eject Button
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Nature: Modest
-Boomburst
-Taunt
-Switcheroo
-U-Turn

Playing more of a utility role with Noivern. Frisk to check out what I'm dealing with, Switcheroo ruin some plans with Eject Button, or alternatively leaving it on Noivern as a free escape after a Boomburst. Taunt can be used to force their hand for this, allowing me to switch into Doublade or Rotom-W to soak up some hits. U-Turn as another option to leave and play mind games with other Volturners in my team. Considered Roost but idk.

Doublade "Hack n Slash" @Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Nature: Relaxed
-Shadow Sneak
-Iron Head
-Sacred Sword
-Toxic

Bulky attacker I guess? Assuming it works best with Scolipede's speed boosts, but bulky enough to stand on it's own two le--swords. Shadow Sneak for the priority, and the other two moves with it for coverage. Toxic to whittle anything else down. (To be honest I kinda have Porygon2 in mind as a possible replacement for Doublade, basically filling the same role).

Rotom-W "Bleach" @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Nature: Bold
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split
-Volt Switch

Nothing new really, but everyone seems to praise it and hoping it works with my team well, so what the heck. Hydro Pump for main STAB. Will-O-Wisp to hinder any physical attackers as well as wear things down, Pain Split to heal Rotom's bad HP, Volt Switch to keep the flow going with Noivern and Manectric.

----

Took longer than I thought but was curious on how this was in the competitive scene. I honestly don't expect to walk into simulators with this deal, but more over see what I can do in-game on the random-match stuffs, as well as maybe battle some friends every now and then. But yeah, don't hold anything back since I don't expect it to be a supreme bread winner, but would more over love any helpful inputs on making this the best it possibly can be.

Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)