Team McFearless {UU}

YES! My most recent UU team. I got help with my last team here that was pretty successful, I reached about 1450 on the UU ladder, but then Yanmega was banned, and he was the center of my team, so i had to start all over. I have done much playtesting and tweaking to this team.

At a glance:

Before we start, two big problems I've noticed with this team are that i don't have much to take special attacks, and that i don't have much that is truly threatening.

THE LEAD

Cloyster@Life Orb
252 HP / 252 ATK /6 DEF
Adamant
Skill Link

Ice Shard
Rock Blast
Spikes
Explosion

My lead Cloyster. you can generally setup Spikes on Uxie, Spirtomb and Registeel. Skill Link+Rock Blast works really well to drop opposing Frosslass, expecting to set up spikes, as most believe their sash will save them. Rock Blast can break through the sub of Azumarril and hit it stopping the focus punch. Rock Blast OHKO's most Arcanine if it takes prior damage, (SR, Flare Blitz recoil etc,) with intimidate factored in. Ice Shard does 79~95% to min/min sceptile and 67~79% to mim/min Venusaur. Ice Shard can also help to revenge Gallade. If you get a chance Explode.

THE HOT HEAD

Arcanine@Life Orb
Jolly
120 HP / 252 ATK / 136 SPE
Intimidate

Flare Blitz
Will-o-Wisp

Extreme Speed
Morning Sun

I love this Arcanine. Flare Blitz does masses of damage to poke that don't resist, and is my STAB move of choice. Extreme Speed is good for general priority helping take on SD Gallade and other weakened sweepers threatening my team. WoW burns physcial attackers, and is good when a switch is predicted causing even more residual damage. Morning Sun is really helpful, with the bulk of this set and its ability to lower the attack stat of opponents.

THE IMPENETRABLE WALL

Steelix@Leftovers
252 HP / 120 ATK / 136 SP.D
Careful
Sturdy

Earthquake
Roar
Stealth Rock
Crunch

Steelix takes the brunt of physical attacks aimed at my team. Earthquake is really good STAB, coming off of 236 attack which is not at all bed for somthing that is mostly meant to take hits. Roar is a temporary solution to Curse Registeel, which I think is a threat to almost any team. Stealth Rock is explanatory, and possibly one of the best moves in the game, imo. Crunch helps with ghosts, not named Spirtomb, dealing hefty damage to Rotom mostly SubCharge though, because otherwise I run the risk of getting burned.

THE QUICK SLEEP

Venusaur@Choice Scarf
56 HP / 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 128
Timid
Overgrow

Leaf Storm
Sleep Powder

Earthquake
Sludge Bomb

Scarf Veunsaur does wonders, and now that Roserade is gone, its just that much better. Generally I Sleep Powder first to see what possible counters the foe has. Leaf Storm provides an enormously powered STAB move although grass doesn't provide the best coverage, the sheer power is all that matters. Sludge Bomb is for secondary STAB which helps by hitting a lot of stuff for neutral damage. HP [GROUND] hits fire types a bit harder then Sludge Bomb but, also hits Raikou and other electric types super.

THE HARMONIOUS DUNCE

Slowbro@Leftovers
252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.ATK
Bold
Own Tempo

Calm Mind
Psychic

Slack Off
Surf

Calm Mind Slowbro is sooooo hard to get over. With its natural physical bulk pair with Calm Minds ability to raise SP.ATK and SP.DEF and Slack Off to recover HP, most times you need a crit/Toxic to get over it. Psychic and Surf provide dual STAB. I love how easy this thing can set up on registeel, as most carry t-wave>toxic, from what I've seen, and since Bro is already so slow, he doesn't mind being paralyzed.

THE CLEANING LADY

Mismagius@Life Orb
6 HP / 252 SP.ATK / 252 SPE
Timid
Levitate

Shadow Ball
Will-o-Wisp
Thunderbolt
Nasty Plot

Plot Mag is my main sweeper. After a single Nasty Plot, Mag Becomes immensely powerful, sweeping unprepared teams. Shadow Ball provides basic STAB Hidden Power [FIGHTING] does work on Aggron, Registeel, and other steels and rocks, and Ghost and Fighting provide unresisted type coverage. Thunderbolt for extra coverage.

Well, thats my team. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Thanks, have a good day, and a pleasant tomorrow.
PEACE!!

I really like this team and it seems that it does well for you, your lead is really epic imo. A suggestion I might add is to put in a special wall or mixed wall into your team somewhere since your entire team is out-sped by 252 SPE EV Timid Alakazam and if it's running the right moveset (Psychic, Shadow ball, Focus Blast, Signal Beam is a semi-common set) it could potentially leave a nasty scar in your team considering none (other than Mismagius and Venusaur) have a decent base SpD. My suggestions are:

Lanturn@Leftovers
40HP / 136 SpA / 252SpD / 80 Spe
Calm
Volt Absorb

Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Thunder Wave

Lanturn is a great special wall since he resists the infamous BoltBeam combo and resists fire attacks which means it's got: not so great stats, a great type to tank BoltBeamers and a nice movepool including his own BoltBeam.

Uxie@Leftovers
240HP / 28Def / 16SpA / 8SpD / 216Spe
Bold
Levitate

Calm Mind
Reflect/Light Screen
Psychic
Thunderbolt

Uxie can make a great special wall thanks to his great base stats and his ability to CM, so you could replace Mismagius for Uxie since Uxie has got good base speed, good defensive stats and a boostable Sp. Attack. The movepool is self-explanatory, CM to get up Sp.Attack, Reflect to give him a Defense boost or Light Screen to boost your teams Sp. Defense, Psychic is your STAB and Tbolt is just for type coverage.

Edit:

For your threat problem try replacing Steelix since you already have a physical wall in the form of Cloyster my suggestions are:

Swellow@Toxic Orb/Flame Orb
252Atk / 4SpD / 252Spe
Jolly
Guts

Facade
Brave Bird
U-Turn
Pursuit

This Swellow is a beasty attacker having Facade at 210 BP (STAB plus effect) and Guts, you can choose Toxic orb so that Guts isn't wasted but you lose a lot of HP the longer you keep Swellow alive whilst Flame orb cancels out Guts but you take less DOT, I prefer using Toxic orb since it's having 403 Attack with an attack that has 210 BP or with Flame orbs kinda low 269 Attack. The other attacks are for type coverage, safety and trapping.

Ambipom@Life Orb / Silk Scarf
252Atk / 4Def / 252Spe
Adamant / Jolly
Technician

Fake out
Last resort

This Ambipom is definitely my favorite one, it has Fake out to get Last resort ready very easily and Last resort gets a BP of 234 with Life Orb and 221 with Silk scarf. This paired up with his good attack and great speed makes anything that doesn't resist his attacks very scared since with Jolly nature he outspeeds most and Adamant increases his chances of OHKO's so this is more to your choice but I recommend Life orb if you go Jolly and Silk scarf if you go Adamant.

Ferilagatr@Life orb / Leftovers
28Hp / 252Atk / 228Spe
Adamant
Torrent

Dragon dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice punch

Pretty much Gyrados of UU tbh, he is just a scary thing to see after one DD end of.

I hope i've helped :).

Indeed, it seems to be a very good team, although as you stated you doesn't have very much offensive power.

I'd recomend a Scarf Sceptile with the following set:

Sceptile
@Choice scarf
Modest
252Spe/252SpA/6Hp

- Leaf Storm
- HP Ice
- Energy ball
- Focus blast

Took this pretty much straight from the Smog, but imo it would do better in your team.

I want to suggest this arcanine spread:

Arcanine@ Life Orb
Jolly; 120 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 136 Spe
Morning Sun/ Toxic(WoW)/ Extremespeed/ Flare Blitz
-This outspeeds all +spe. base 80's and below which is a very useful speed to hit. The rest goes into Hp to help with all around bulk. WoW v. Toxic basically comes down to what you want to cripple.

Thank you everyone for the rates, i appreciate them all. ImJustJoeKing, I'm not to scared of Alakazam, as Cloysters Ice Shard does about 60% and Arcanines Extreme Speed just pwns it and Venusaur can come in and revenge it with Leaf Storm. Slowbro generally takes special attacks aimed at my team right now, but that requires some setting up. I have tested Swellow over Steelix, and i like it, but that made me somewhat Honchcrow weak, assuming Cloyster is gone, so I put Quick Attack over Pursuit, to get past Sucker Punch. As of right now though, I'm not going to change anything on the RMT, because the change is not really set in stone. BurtonEarny, I tried your Arcanine set and really liked it, so I'm changing to that.

I've been testing a new more bulky Mismagius, since it still needs to block spins. It's, 198 hp 252 Speed 60 special attack. Any thoughts?

The bulky Mismagius is a good idea but that leaves you more easily walled by physical walls since your only other special attacker is Venusaur and Slowbro but he needs setting up to be effective but since you have Nasty plot I guess that the EV spread would be effective since most set-up sweepers enjoy bulkiness, give it a shot and see what you prefer is my only real advice.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Pretty good team here. Firstly, I highly recommend Bold nature on Slowbro. You really don't need Modest nature, as the focus on Slowbro is to take hits rather than dish out damage. Without any investment in Special Attack or without using Modest nature, Slowbro still hits quite hard. Bold is required. Since this team looks weak to many physical attackers today, its best if you replace Modest for Bold.

For Scarf Venusaur, I'd like to suggest an EV spread of 56 HP / 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 128 Spe at a Timid Nature. This allows you to hit 380 Speed with a Choice Scarf, enough to outpace Timid Alakazam - the only Speed I feel like Venusaur needs to hit rather than 405. This allows Venusaur to dump its EVs to Attack. With Attack EVs, I highly recommend Earthquake over HP Ground to safely check Calm Mind Raikou, who won't mind Hp Ground at certain times after a single boost. With Earthquake and 72 Atk EVs, it will deal 44.97% - 53.25% on 68 HP / 0 Def Raikou, a high chance of 2HKO, especially if they have used Substitute. Without the EVs, it will only hit 41.42% - 49.11%, which doesnt even touch 2HKO. 56 HP still remains there to allow Venusaur to come in on hits better.

As for other options, I think you were testing out bulky Mismagius. Sadly, you need the firepower to actually hurt teams. I'd like to suggest keeping the same EVs with the addition of Will-O-Wisp over HP Fighting to nail many physical threats on the switch, most importantly, Gallade and Rhyperior. Will-O-Wisp really helps Slowbro take on physical threats better, and I feel like it might fit in for Mismagius. overall gl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)