Team Insert Clever Name Here (OU RMT)

Intro

Well, here's a team I've been having moderate success with. There are a few threats that have been casuing me a lot of grief, and I really need a way to get my team to stop them. Blissey and Infernape are high on my list, as well as Machamp and the Rotom forms.

The Team

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

My lead, and a good one at that. I want to get Stealth Rock up early, but Im finding sometimes he doesn't get the job done. I want someone less frail, but can still avoid all of the ScarfTrick leads. I don`t currently have anything in mind. But he still works well with the team, providing a much needed Rock attack, as well as having a way to shut down Metagross.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Outrage

My late game sweeper, and the best in the game in my opinion. He works well in countering threats like Scizor with Fire Fang. I prefer Fire Fang to Fire Blast, after a Dragon Dance, on the set, the accuracy is better, and it still hits Scizor hard enough to KO, as well as stopping Celebi.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Surf

The core of my team, Suicune uses both the Stealth Rock from Aerodactyl, plus any assitance walling from Celebi, to become a beast with a Calm Mind. Roar helps to get rid of possible threats, and may give me a chance to Calm Mind again. Shes bulky enough to take hits from pretty much everything, and her only BIG problem is status, with Celebi takes nicely.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Superpower

CBzor, not much to explain here. He takes care of threats like Tyranitar, Celebi, Blissey, and Gengar. Superpower is to hit Blissey mainly. Pursuit I have found to be invaluable in some cases, in case a Gengar wants to escape, or Blissey wants to Wish pass. U-Turn is my most used move, it helps to boost Scizor off to someone like Suicune to take fire attacks, or Magenzone to hit Steels.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/104 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

One of the key components to my team, this Celebi set I`ve found to be invaluable. With Thunder Wave to screw up sweepers, ìts rare for her to lose in a stall war. Grass Knot to take down bulky waters and Tyranitar, and Psychic to take down Machamp. The set is built to work with Suicune to wall threats, by taking electric and grass moves. Suicune takes bug and fire moves.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion
- Flash Cannon

Finally, one of my favorite sweepers, Magenzone. With the Choice Scarf, he outspeeds every common variant of Scizor, and Bullet Punch does almost nothing. Also helps take down Jirachi, another threat to my team, as well as Gyarados. Explosion helps when i need to take down someone like Blissey, or am just close to being KO`d and want to finish off.

Threat List
The list is ordered in realtively the order of how the threast affect my team, from highest to lowest.

Blissey-
This this drives me insane! While Salamence and Scizor can usually hit her hard, and Magnezone has explode, the Wish pass set always gets me, top priority for my team to counter.

Infernape-
While Suicune can usually do a decent job of walling Infernape, the Nasty Plot set still hurts. Salamence has a half a chance to kill it, and Aerodactyl can hit it hard for the most part.

Machamp-
The Payback set hurts my team. While Celebi can usually get Machamp away quick, after a Dynamic punch, its impossible to say. Salamence can occasianally gets lucky and hit him hard enough to get rid of him.

Rotom Forms-
Hard to kill, and even harder to outstall, all the Rotom forms give me grief. I dont have an exceptionally powerful dark or ghost move on my team, so they can wreak havoc.

Gyarados-
Magnezone hurts this guy, but if he comes in late and I`ve lost Magnezone, Celebi can occasionally Thunder Wave and get lucky, but he`s still a big threat.

Vaporeon-
Stalls my team well, and with toxic can severly hurt Suicune. I dont have a sure fire way to get rid of Vaporeon.

Zapdos-
Aero can occasionally get a lucky hit on Zapdos, and Salamence and Outrage for a lot of damage, but Zpados is still a major problem.

Salamence-
Aero can use Ston Edge, but with Intimidtae, it doesnt do much. Suicune can always Ice Beam, and Celebi is great at crippling him.

Dusknoir-
This guy can stall the majority of my team. I have major issues with ghost types in general besides Gengar.

Heatran-
Not a giant issue, Aerodactyl can hit him hard and Salamence can also, Suicune walls well. He can take down Magenzone and Scizor for the most part.

Suicune-
Opposing Suicune can be a problem. While my Suicune can phaze if they use Calm Mind, and Magnezone can hit her pretty hard, she`s still a big issue.

Cresselia-
She can be a problem, although is Scizor can U-Turn to Salamence, shes never caused to much trouble.

Metagross-
Aero can EQ, and Magnezone traps, but he can still hit Suicune harder than I would like.

Umbreon-
Scizor can usually handle her, but the trapping set can be a pain for Magnezone or Celebi.

Celebi-
Scizor hits her hard with U-Turn, as can Salamence, but she walls Suicune well, and can switch in on Magnezone.

Porygon2-
Annoyance, thy name is Porygon2. He walls me well, but Scizor can usually do some hurting, although he can switch in on Magnezone and trap him, as well as shut down Salamence.

Snorlax-
Salamence can hit him hard, and Suicune can phaze, but he can still hurt Celebi and Magnezone.

Togekiss-
Hits Celebi and Scizor hard, but Magnezone and Salamence can usually do some damage, as well as Aerodactyl.

Jirachi-
Magnezone can trap and kill with ruthless efficiency on the Scarf Trick set. Salamence and Aero can Earthquake for SE damage.

Tyranitar-
Scizor comes in and wipes the floors with this guy, and Celebi can stop him fairly well, but still gets hit hard by Crunch.

Empoleon-
Magnezone can trap and destroy, and Celebi can usually outstall, but he can hit Mence hard.

Swampert-
Celebi can kill it, and so can Salamence after a DD.

Starmie-
Magenzone resists all of her usual attacks, and Scizor can finish her off, Suicune and Celebi wall.

Spiritomb-Always an annoyance, Salamence and DD and kill her if Will O Wisp isnt getting in the way.

Tentacruel-Celebi, Salamence, and Magnezone can counter well.

Magnezone-Aero can Earthquake, and Celebi can paralyze and set up for Mence.

Weezing-
Celebi can Psychic, and Suicune can CM or phaze it to death.

Rhyperior-
Suicune and Celebi hurt it, as does Scizor.So there`s the team, please mention anything that you think could help.​

joshe

the best
Aero isn't a very good lead these days with all the metagross leads around. therefore i suggest you change to one:

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/240 Atk/18 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Very good lead that usually always gets SR down. Kills most common leads except Heatran, in which you can put earthquake inplace of any of those 3 attacking moves or find another way to deal with it

Your also kinda scarftran weak, but you got suicune to scare it off.
Also heatran would look good on this team along side celebi for that celetran combo.

Great Team and hope I helped. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)