team building help

I`m quite new to the game. I`m trying to get into competitive scene and right now kinda formed a team of five with my limited pokemon with good IVs and natures. Last one, I`m not sure and I don`t have much info about items so I`d appreciate criticizm nad ideas for the 6th member.
So my team for doubles is

Tapu Bulu (item? EVs?)

Wood Hammer
Horn Leach
Superpower
Protect

Kartana (Choice specs? full hp + defense and some spead Evs?)

Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Smart Strike
Detect

A-Muk (Air balloon? EVs?)

Knock off
Poison Jab
Brick Break
Rock Slide

Magnezone (items? EVs?)

Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Flash Cannon
Protect

Primarina (items?Evs?)

Aqua Jet
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Dazzling Gleam

This thread is probably going to get locked if you didn't do this yet: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mandatory-team-building-homework-assignment.3589392/
If you're trying to get into VGC'17, I suggest you watch some YouTube channels to understand the mons and strategies. I recommend CybertronProductions, WolfeyVGC, and Kyle Cole for some guides and battles. This way you can have an idea of items and EVs you want your mons to have based on a strategy and people can help rate your team better.

This thread is probably going to get locked if you didn't do this yet: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mandatory-team-building-homework-assignment.3589392/
If you're trying to get into VGC'17, I suggest you watch some YouTube channels to understand the mons and strategies. I recommend CybertronProductions, WolfeyVGC, and Kyle Cole for some guides and battles. This way you can have an idea of items and EVs you want your mons to have based on a strategy and people can help rate your team better.
Just adding to this, Ray Rizzo has started posting videos again and he's made two great guides on Tapu Koko and Kartana the past two days.

Just to give you some ideas of what is standard for the Pokemon you have chosen, Tapu Bulu often runs sets like Miracle Seed, Grassium Z, Lum Berry, Leftovers or Choice Band. Kartana is mostly sashed or scarfed, though grassium Z is a massive nuke and I've had some success with scarf in best of 1 on the ladder. Investing in defence is often unnecessary, though you can gain quite a bit from investing in sp.def and HP on AV sets, and pretty much all Kartana run max/close to max speed. Most Muk are Gluttony + Figy berry. Brick Break is an awful move on it and Protect is always a staple for anything that can afford the moveslot. The last slot has quite a few options. Taunt, Disable, Shadow Sneak, Gunk shot, Curse and Minimize are all options. Really though your STAB options are your bread and butter. I've only really seen Leftovers and Specs on Magnezone, though I think this has yet to be fully explored yet. Most leftovers sets run Substitute so that Celesteela can't seed you, while specs tend to run Volt switch and your choice of hidden power (I believe Gavin Michaels ran HP Ground on his San Jose regionals winning team, presumably for the mirror). And finally Primarina is kind of just outclassed by most other waters in the format. Others provide weather control (Politoed+Pelipper), Intimidate (Gyarados), a massive nuke option and trick room abuser as well as wide guard (Araquanid), Intimidate deterrence (Milotic) or water redirection (Gastrodon). With so many better options and primarina not really bringing anything other than its great typing to the table I just feel like there are better options.

But yeah, this will probably be locked soon. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)