Other Team Archive by CTC (ORAS Update) Read Post #517

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey found a really cool core of mega slowbro and hydreigon. hydreigon gets acces to u turn, while most of its checks/counters slowbro can set up on

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Scald

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Last edited:
Based lord CTC could you make a team around tornadus T and lucario?
sets
Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

Zaheer (Tornadus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 72 Atk / 200 SpA / 238 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Superpower
Edit: I forgot to say how to core works, tornadus can give lucario many free switch ins with u turn being one of the fastest mons in the tier thus allowing lucario to set up a sd or attack acordingly. they have great type synergy and they will work great together.

Last edited:
Alright, been looking for Rapid Spinners so that I can actually come up with a core and came across kabutops, which makes me want to make a comeback from BW Mixed Dragonite:

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry/Damp Rock
Prankster
Careful Nature
Spikes
Thunder Wave
Rain Dance
Foul Play/Imprison
252HP/4Def/252SpD

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Multiscale
Mild
Hurricane
Extreme Speed
Roost
Thunder
76Atk/252SpA/180Spe

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Swift Swim
Adamant
Rapid Spin
Knock Off
Swift Swim
Stone Edge
252Atk/4Def/252 Spe

The core, bringing a return to Rain with Klefki taking the slot of politoad. I feel like Klefki is idealy suited due to being able to priority T-wave in order to slow down some of the faster mons for Dragonite to mixed sweep, also giving major advantage to kabutops swift swim ability as well as doubling as a rapid spinner to get rid of rocks for Dragonite.

My major concerns though are, though life orb does boost his attacks, breaking multiscale is a bit of an issue and a little counter-intuitive with the rapid spinner. Ev spread is the other thing that I'm not good at, basically just taking the cores listed, and would really like some info on that.

dont know if i can ask for it since its not a core at all but a cool idea (btw taken form your's ou compedium). its ferrothorn and ferroseed in one team. seems amazing to me :)

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
dont know if i can ask for it since its not a core at all but a cool idea (btw taken form your's ou compedium). its ferrothorn and ferroseed in one team. seems amazing to me :)

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
Why adamant ferrothorn....

Doesn't seem amazing to me when you're stacking so many weaknesses on one team...
Also what the fuck does ferroseed do that ferrothorn can't do?

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
Also if you're running Power Whip, I'd add an extra 4 EVs into speed to outspeed mega sableye, and nail it with power whip if it's low on HP.

Doesn't seem amazing to me when you're stacking so many weaknesses on one team...
Also what the fuck does ferroseed do that ferrothorn can't do?
CTC said on his compendium that using ferroseed lets you use ferrothorn also. Best wall in ou meta x2.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
Ferrothorn can already run Dual Hazards if you really want and compounding weaknesses like that is really bad.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I guess, like, if your team is perfect except that it gets wrecked by something Ferro beats (let's say Azumarill just for point of reference), then having a second subpar Ferro to help check Azu is nice?

Although that's a bad example, since Azumarill will undoubtedly have Knock Off or Superpower, so.... I don't know. Ferroseed is just so damned passive with that base 50 Attack, so even if I understand the concept in theory, I have trouble seeing it as all that useful in practice bar very, very specific scenarios (like straight-up counter teaming against someone you know is going to rely on a Fairy core or something).

Hold up. getting rid of checks for something and then having it win implies its a sweeper. I dont know in what world ferro is a sweeper, but the core is terrible despite ctc giving it a mention in the other thread.
preety sure if you get rid of ferrothorn and ferroseed checks you will be in a position since they are really hard to take down, usually withoit superefective move you cant remove ferro

all of you dont seem to get the point. its dont about double checking fairys, not setting up to sweep, but using ferro's amazing abilitys to wall. 2 of them can break a team if oponent can superefect them

Last edited:

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
firehusky you're not really helping at all by nitpicking his spelling dude, lay off

dramadrama the point of a defensive core is to cover each other's weaknesses, and stacking ferrothorn and ferroseed honestly doesn't seem like a smart move in most cases, even redundant maybe. aside from that, maybe explain why you want a double ferro core and what it's actually supposed to do. maybe at the very least suggest some partners which can take advantage of ferroseed / ferrothorn's walling capabilities or partners which can cover up the fire and fighting weaknesses, provide more detail so it's easier to build around this

2 of them can break a team if oponent can superefect them
isn't going to happen when virtually every single team will have at least one or two answers to ferrothorn (keldeo, literally any fire-type, etc) and it's literally the laziest reasoning for a core/idea i've ever seen. also, ferroseed and ferrothorn don't 'break' anything, they wall stuff

preety sure if you get rid of ferrothorn and ferroseed checks you will be in a position since they are really hard to take down, usually withoit superefective move you cant remove ferro
you could say that about pretty much every single pokemon

dramadrama the point of a defensive core is to cover each other's weaknesses, and stacking ferrothorn and ferroseed honestly doesn't seem like a smart move in most cases, even redundant maybe. aside from that, maybe explain why you want a double ferro core and what it's actually supposed to do. maybe at the very least suggest some partners which can take advantage of ferroseed / ferrothorn's walling capabilities or partners which can cover up the fire and fighting weaknesses, provide more detail so it's easier to build around this
at the begging ive said that this is not a core just idea for a team, ik we are supposed to post cores but asking doesnt hurt

isn't going to happen when virtually every single team will have at least one or two answers to ferrothorn (keldeo, literally any fire-type, etc) and it's literally the laziest reasoning for a core/idea i've ever seen. also, ferroseed and ferrothorn don't 'break' anything, they wall stuff

you could say that about pretty much every single pokemon
the job of the rest of the team would be geting rid of these counters/checks

Last edited:
Alright....things need to be cleared. Multiple people are trying to explain whats wrong with the core you suggested and several things are missing. I highly recommend that you edit your original post and state possible team-mates that work well with this core and explain a bit more on how it works and what the core checks. Im probably not in the right spot to say this and this is probably rude but please just do what everyone says. were trying to help you so you might get this core and defending yourself is not helping.

Alright....things need to be cleared. Multiple people are trying to explain whats wrong with the core you suggested and several things are missing. I highly recommend that you edit your original post and state possible team-mates that work well with this core and explain a bit more on how it works and what the core checks. Im probably not in the right spot to say this and this is probably rude but please just do what everyone says. were trying to help you so you might get this core and defending yourself is not helping.
i just respond to questions lol its not like "we are trynna help you" its guys saying "hey its bad they have the same weakneses!" or other random stuff like "why would you get rid of ferro's counters its not a sweeper?". i said its not a core if the idea of two ferros beeing used to win by walling, rest of the team has to take care of checks and counters. if this wouldnt work, fine ctc doesnt have to build a team around it, if HE judges it could, he will. im just giving him an idea

Im not going to say anything else. But remember this rule?
1. u can post as shitty of a core as u want, as long as u explain how it works. whether ill use it to build or tell u to fuck off depends on ur explanation
he wont even do your core if you dont provide a good explanation.
Just gonna put this here...

offensive uxie gets screens n rox akin to azelf but does it more reliably, albeit more prone to taunt. cbb's dumbass mighta forgotten when aug got swept by a scrf golurk 2 wcops ago so that mon and set holds a special place in my heart. also surprise spinblock mothafucka. ferroseed if u wanna use a dual ferro team which iv contemplated using. pretty cash to have one of the best walls in ou x2 eh. cacturn can be used on sucker punch spam, thats about its only niche and dont knock it cuz it's almost as strong as sharp anyways. crustle can get hazards as a lead akin to salac skarm, so thats that. accelgor has a fast gambit + spikes. garbodor is sick as it gets tons of residual damage, while getting tspikes and checking faries. stunfisk walls birds and gets rocks, also beating shit like manec raik and all that. cryogonal,,, that mighta been a mispaste i apologize shit is doodoo
little known fact, tangela tanks banded VC from vic. wheres ur tangrowth now?
Given how CTC's the one who came up with the idea in the first place, I think it's fine to not expand on it too much. He would know how to use it better than any of us, seeing as he was the one who suggested that this was a good idea.

Personally, I'm extremely interested in the idea. It looks completely insane, but the idea itself... could work. Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)