Takeshi's Castle (RMT Stall)

Hi and welcome to my first Pokebank OU RMT. My team "Takeshi's Castle" is a stall team based around the Japanese Game Show. I used the original Japanese names to reinforce this theme. Like the famous Takeshi's Castle this team is incredibly hard to break down. I have made a lot of changes to this team since the pokebank ou beta was released on pokemon showdown to get to a point where I can cover as many threats as possible. I started of with a fire/water/grass core using mega venusaur yet found myself chasing too many defensive holes, for a stall team I found I had too many neutral hits shared between my pokemon and this would become a big problem against more offensive teams. It was at that point I swapped to a steel/dragon core which allowed me to re-unite with an old friend, Aggron. It was at this point I started to build around Mega Aggron.

Bosugodora (Aggron) (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Bosugodora gained one of the best mega evolutions this gen. It loses it's half rock typing, along with two 4x weaknesses (ground, fighting) and a 2x weakness to water, to become pure steel and gains the defensive ability Filter. Filter for those who are unaware halves super effective damage done to Mega Aggron. Mega Aggron instantly gives my team 10 resistances and 1 immunity. With an insane 230 Defence BST he boasts the best defensive stat and typing in the game, but with a weak 80 Sp.Def BST 240 EV investment was necessary in Sp.Def with the remaining EV's being placed in HP to further increase it's tanking ability, the 16 filler EV's placed in def to take physical hits a tiny bit better.
Heavy Slam is the chosen STAB as with Mega Aggron's incredibly high weight within OU it is able to hit for a minimum of 90 BP (before stab) on most mons. Earthquake was swapped in over Protect as it gave me the ability to kill Magnezone as well as a Super Effective Hit on other steel mons. It is also a reliable way to deal with Magic Guard/Bounce users who fear nothing from its 2 remaining moves. Toxic is the status of choice that Mega Aggron likes to spread around. With no reliable recovery options available and with the new sleep mechanics Rest was chosen as the 4th move to keep my Aggron healthy throughout the battle. He is the gate keeper to the castle and it takes a huge knock for him to let you in.
With no resistances to water and electric though rotom-w could become a problem, but I also needed a partner that could resist fire, fighting and ground hits. This lead me to the conclusion of....

Ratiasu (Latias) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Defog

Ratiasu is the castles trusty pet dragon, it covers all the weaknesses that Mega Aggron has plus a few neutral hits with its resistances to water and electric. It's EV's are spread to give it an uneven amount of HP for SR since it is my chosen defog user (and arguably the best user of defog since its immune to spikes, web and is neutral to rocks). 240 def EV's with a bold nature give it slightly more defence than Sp.Def which the remaining 20 are spent in. This is to ensure that Genesect always gets a +1 sp attack download boost against me, easing up the U-Turn pressure. The EV's insure that Latias can survive even a choice banded U-Turn or a +1 Ice Beam if it's necessary. Being able to survive these kind of hits checks many other powerful threats. Dragon Pulse is preferred over Draco Meteor since it's the most spammable move. Reflect Type is to prevent Latias being pursuit trapped as well as making it an adaptable wall turning most neutral stab hits from other mons into resists. Recover is there for reliable recovery and defog is to remove any hazards from the field that will cause problems since I have to switch a lot.
IVs in Attack were set to 0 to reduce damage from Foul Play.

Kurobatto (Crobat) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Haze

Karubatto is the castles night guardian, she infiltrates the defences of nearby enemy camps and lays waste to their fighting spirit. She has enough speed to outspeed jolly/timid Mega Lucario the fastest fighting threat with the attack EV's dealing a devastating blow. She can take a +0 Ice Punch which is uncommon on Mega Luke anyway and deal at least 60% damage back. If Mega Lucario doesn't boost only Flash Cannon and Ice Punch will 2hko thanks to the HP investment. She also checks Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross, dealing a solid ohko to both and thanks to Infiltrator this team can now beat Sub-Cross. If Mega Heracross forgoes Rock Blast for sub then she counters, if not then she is happy to check or counter on a correct switch in.
Her weaknesses are already covered by my defensive core yet I had nothing to reliably deal with physical set up sweepers, this is why I needed....

Pikushi (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect

Pikushi, the answer to pretty much every set up pokemon in the game. She has the standard EV spread, maximum HP, 252 Def and 4 Sp.Def with a bold nature. Knock Off means she can support Hidoran in her effort to break down opposing stall teams. Moonblast is there for STAB and to kill the fighting types that she walls so well as well as the dragon types that will otherwise wear down this team fast with STAB Outrages. Wish on top of leftovers recovery keeps her super healthy, with Protect racking up the leftovers recovery, possible status damage and scouting.
Not only does she keep my team free from set up wizards like manaphy but she fills the void that was my fighting weakness and with so many steel resists and poison immunities on my team her weaknesses were automatically covered.

Hidoran (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SDef / 28 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Hidoran, she is the blacksmith of the castle, she moulds the weapons that kill the armies that try to attack. With her typing and ability she brings so many resistances to the team as well as a stab to leave grass pokemon running for the hills. 248 HP gives her an odd amount of HP just in case I have to swap into SR too many times, 232 Sp.Def with a calm nature means she has rather substantial special bulk, while 28 Speed EVs ensures she can outspeed all uninvested base 80 pokemon like Mega Venusaur.
Lava Plume is the STAB of choice to quickly dispose of Steel and Grass type mons while trying to spread burns, Taunt is so she can stop set up mons or anything that would rely on recovery to beat her or my team, Stealth Rocks is for hazard support and Toxic is for status support.
0 Attack IV's is again to minimise the risk of foul play causing any significant damage, especially since steel no longer resists it. Speaking of all this status I have no medic, surely that's gonna have to be....

Rakki (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Rakki, the teams medic and special sponge, she handles the LO and Choice Specs mons that would otherwise cause such a headache as well as the few mixed attacking mons due to her def investment, base hp and eviolite. Without her bulk, wishes and status removal my team would be worn down in minutes. She runs the standard eviolite spread of 252 HP, 248 Def and 8 SDef coupled with a very healing orientated moveset. She forgo's the use of a status move or protect to use both Wish and Soft-Boiled. Since leftovers is Heatrans only method of self recovering being able to receive a massive wish from Rakki means he can continue to be a massive hassle for other teams for an extended period of time. It also means that Bosugodora doesn't have to rely on rest to stay healthy which is a massive plus as it is a key member of the team. Soft-Boiled is for when she is able to focus more on her own recovery than the teams, Heal Bell is to keep everyone status free and Seismic Toss is so she can deal acceptable damage and not be complete taunt bait.

Threat List:

Mega Lucario
Mega Lucario's threat to the team is almost non-existent now, Unaware Clefable completely walls the physical side, Mega Aggron is capable of taking a hit from both sides and deal a devastating EQ, Heatran beats special lucario pretty much all day and Crobat is always capable of landing a 2HKO with Brave Bird

Mega Pinsir
Mega Pinsir has now been checked/shakily countered by the addition of Crobat who runs enough bulk to survive the +2 QA and OHKO with Brave Bird.

Mega Heracross
With the addition of Clefable and Crobat to this team, Mega Heracross' threat to the team drop significantly. However, it is still a threat as it forces many of my mons to switch out and with proper support could do it for a significant amount of time.

Changes Made:

Earthquake over Protect on Mega Aggron (Ajwf)
Thunder Wave over Toxic on Chansey (Ajwf)
Protect over Roar on Heatran. Still considering/testing Ancient Power as a permanent replacement.
Clefable over Chansey w/ 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp.Def w/ Bold Nature + Magic Guard
Moonblast, Knock Off, Soft Boiled and Heal Bell
Crobat over Hippowdon w/ 144 HP, 252 Atk, 112 Speed w/ Jolly Nature + Infiltrator
Stealth Rocks onto Heatran to cover the loss of hazard support due to the removal of hippowdon. Toxic added to help combat Volcarona, etc.
Clefable changed to a SDef EV spread and nature due to me realising I had no good special sponge.

Changes Considered:

Heatran to use Ancient Power instead of Protect for Talonflame.

Thank you, I hope you took the time to read this and enjoyed it all. Takeshi's Castle is now finished and has checked/countered as many threat's as possible (if not all of them). As far as I am concerned the Castle is impenetrable, having run extensive calcs, tested in battle and undergone a team building process that took almost 2 months (inc time prior to this thread) no stone has been left un-turned. The guardians of the castle await any and all challengers, may they die with honour in their attempt to break the unbreakable.
I have now constructed a importable for you so you may too use this team if you wish.

Pikushi (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect

Rakki (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Relaxed Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Bosugodora (Aggron) (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Ratiasu (Latias) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SDef
Bold Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Defog

Kurobatto (Crobat) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Haze

Hidoran (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SDef / 28 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Last edited:
I usually reaallly hate stall teams but this one is creative and doesnt use annoying pokemon, like sableye and klefki so kudos on that. With that being said the small changes I would make to this team would be to try and switch up your chansey set, try putting wish instead of soft-boiled and protect instead toxic. The wish is to obviously fill the role of keeping the team healthy a little better and I think that change would definitely be helpful. The protect over toxic is just a light suggestion because you most likely will already have a pokemon statused by the time chansey comes out and it might be better to stall out a bit more damage with protect.

The last change would be to switch latias's reflect to light screen because i think your team would benefit more from help in special defense opposed to physical, especially if you use mega aggron a lot. It will also help neutralize the rotom-w threat to your other mons.

Awesome team hope I helped a little bit. Cheers

It's a nice balanced stall team. I had fun playing with it, especially that Reflect Type Latias! Unfortunately I think a major problem is that you aren't doing enough back to your opponent--sponging hits alone is not going to win games. Particularly, many Pokemon who cannot be poisoned (Gliscor, Heatran, Lucario, Aegislash, Venusaur, for example) are difficult to deal with. Sadly the biggest problem seems to be Mega Aggron, who is just not well-equipped to deal with the current big threats. Maybe you could replace Protect on him with something like Roar/EQ, or just replace him altogether with Skarmory, who also helps you out a lot against opposing stall teams.

I'm interested to see where this team goes!

It's a nice balanced stall team. I had fun playing with it, especially that Reflect Type Latias! Unfortunately I think a major problem is that you aren't doing enough back to your opponent--sponging hits alone is not going to win games. Particularly, many Pokemon who cannot be poisoned (Gliscor, Heatran, Lucario, Aegislash, Venusaur, for example) are difficult to deal with. Sadly the biggest problem seems to be Mega Aggron, who is just not well-equipped to deal with the current big threats. Maybe you could replace Protect on him with something like Roar/EQ, or just replace him altogether with Skarmory, who also helps you out a lot against opposing stall teams.

I'm interested to see where this team goes!
Heatran, Aegislash are both countered by quagsire and hippowdon, special lucario 3hko's sp def hippowdown if it doesn't boost and 2hko's if it does, while hippo has like 70% chance to ohko and physical lucario is checked/shakily countered by quagsire, venusaur isn't really a problem either, especially since the it can't even scratch mega aggron and if it doesn't run earthquake it's completely shut down by heatran which outspeeds and can taunt it. I don't need earthquake in mega aggron since I already have it on two mons which have it as stab, also protects priority means I can spam it if I'm asleep and I'll be able to wake up first in the turn order. Gliscors common EQ is 5hko on Mega Aggron (not including the fact that I can just rest and guarantee that I always wake up before I die) and it can do absolutely nothing to mega aggron once EQ's PP is gone, the pp stall mon literally gets stalled out of PP and it can spread toxic as much as it wants since Chansey can heal bell and once EQ is gone like I said it's taunt bait for heatran. Gliscor struggles to death before it does any major damage to this team, not to mention hippowdon can just whirlwind it out everytime.

I apologise I didn't clarify all of this while I was typing it up since it took me quite a few hours double checking everything and typing it up, I shall edit it and add more info as soon as I have some free time.

With an odd HP on Heatran, It won't get the full benefit from its leftovers. Even if you do switch in on stealth rock enough to die (which is unlikely) the extra leftovers healing will deal with this anyway. Therefore just changing the HP may make it more effective. Hope this helps!

With Knock Off running rampant through the tier, Chansey is almost always inferior to Blissey in G6. Also, it seems like kind of a waste to use Chansey/Blissey and not run wish. If you're not going to run Wish, you could consider Togekiss for decent attacking options + Heal Bell and similar special bulk.

In all honesty, you want to move some sets around a bit. My first suggestion is to throw EQ onto Aggron over heavy slam. Remember that fire, ground and fight will switch into aggron initially, as well as steels and poisons when they find your set. EQ covers all of that for neutral/SE and also give aggron good toxic coverage.

Hippowdon probably should carry a rock attack for talonflame since Heatran does not. This is probably over earthquake which Quag has already and I think aggron would do better with.

Chansey is the third of your three toxic users. By now, you should have just about everything covered, so I really suggest you go thunder wave over toxic, to provide different ways to status steels/poisons.

But the main issue you'll have, as mentioned before, it toxic stall gliscor who wrecks your whole team unconditionally. You probably need to fit HP ice on latias, or find a replacement to help handle him. Quag isn't going to work, even with scald. He's too slow and will be toxic stalled.

Lastly, Psychic over dragon pulse on latias. The reason is simple: You have three fight weaknesses and only one resist. Fight also carries really good coverage, so even that is a frail check to knock off fight users. You need a better countermeasure to conckledurr/Breloom. Breloom wrecks 5/6 members with relative ease.

Well, mega aggron tanks gliscor for days, I've already came against it and gliscor can do nothing, plus heavy slam means it can't sub up since heavy slam does like 32% on standard gliscor, the gliscor lost all of its pp and aggron outstalled it since while I'm wasting sleep turns I'm not using PP. So if I run EQ on it I can't even touch gliscor. Also standard gliscor can't really do anything to chansey, even if eviolite is knocked off it's far to bulky to worry about Gliscors EQ and it often can come in heal bell and heal up then switch out again, but I will change toxic to twave :)

I came across a Breloom already and it was handled fairly well by latias technician rock tomb with LO was like a 4-5hko on latias, especially since guagsire is a good lure for it my latias is simply too bulky for anything breloom has and dragon pulse gives me good neutral coverage. I was considering psychic for fighting types but the truth is so many dark mons switch into latias, dragon pulse hits them both for neutral damage. I may consider draco meteor though to hit them harder on the initial hit.

Despite only having one fight resist there isn't many fighting mons that quagsire can't handle, assuming conk isn't running a burn orb it doesn't really have much chance and latias has enough bulk to survive at max 3 ice punches and it can roost off the knock off damage. I mean on paper knock off is a 2hko, but in reality latias is faster and has recover I can use dragon pulse - recover combo to slowly but surely wear conkeldur down. Also heatran is a very good lure for gliscor, I had a match the other day where I had predicted the gliscor switch in before toxic orb had activated, if wow hadn't missed I wouldn't have had to stall gliscor out of pp until it struggled to death, but I can assure you it did nothing of note against my team.

Talonflame I faced that too, that was more of a problem (though the main reason for this is because it crit heatran everytime >_>) and I agree I need to fit a rock attack somewhere, yet the hippowdon moveset atm I have is hard to change since it's capable of beating special mega lucario, whereas EQ on quagsire checks the physical variant. I may do some testing to see what happens if I switch roar on heatran for ancient power.

BUMP

Added a Threat List which I will continue to update as well as a Changes Made section w/ credits and a Changes Considered section.

EDIT: Changed Pokemon and Movesets.

Last edited:

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Stall is not exactly my strong point but if I was facing this team with my current team I would be glad to see Crobat and not something bulkier, especially with the current spread. Really if you are mainly trying to stop mega Lucario (part of the reason why I don't use stall yet) you should try physically defensive Rest Talk Gyarados. It can basically counter swords dance mega lucario and can also check nasty plot variants. You can phaze it out or even run earthquake to speed its demise if you really want to. You will lose the fast brave bird for Mega Pinsir and Mega Heracross like you say but that at least means that they are not running mega luke which is probably more threatening to you. Pinsir's +2 quick attack will do a lot to Crobat just now (37.5% chance to ohko at +2 with Stealth Rock) and Clefable can just about handle Mega Heracross. Also using Crobat for mega lucario basically requires that something else takes a large hit to deal enough damage so Brave Bird can ko so its not exactly ideal.

Feel free to stick with Crobat (I see the advantages of it) but I will say that a lot of stall matches end with +2 Mega Lucario wrecking shop and Gyarados is one of the few ways to stop this.

Well Mega Lucario will have to be handled with a combination of Crobat and Quagsire, the only other alternative which is capable of killing all 3 is Noivern yet it has pretty much double the chance of dying to pinsir that crobat does if SR is up and I'm not too keen on adding another fairy weakness on top of a 4x ice weakness. Not to mention Noivern would have to be LO'd minimum to kill Mega Lucario with flamethrower. Ultimately I'm still testing Crobat and I will give Noivern a trial too.

Clefable when actually tested didn't like going head to head with Mega Heracross and the sub variant's absolutely wrecked her :( On paper they 3hko but hitting 5 times in a chain you gotta account for those crits.

With any luck though Mega Lucario will be banned to ubers soon since it's such a massive threat and basically only has 2 counters, neither of which are easy to fit onto stall teams.

Takeshi's Castle is now finished. I have checked and countered as many threats as possible with this team and feel any further attempt to counter more will destroy the team. I have left an importable for people so they may use this team if they wish, but I have to insist that you keep the names if you choose to do so.

Thanks everyone that helped in and off the forums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)