ORAS OU Tailwind Mega Altaria!!

So, as ORAS OU has been released somewhat recently, I have decided to take a STAB(huehue) at the new tier. Now, because Mega Metagross, Mence, and Swampert are used an absurd amount, I wanted to stray from the norm a little bit. I found Mega Altaria, and I knew that it was what I was going to use. And here is my teambuilding process!

Altaria-Mega @ Altarite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind
- Roost

Mega Altaria is a great Poke, with very good defenses, decent offenses, and mediocre speed. But, even with proper speed investment, I couldn't really kill anything I could kill with bulk. So, I decided on bulky Tailwind. Hyper Voice gets a boost from Pixilate & STAB, that's gonna leave a dent. Fire Blast is for Ferro and Forretress that don't expect it, although Forretress has Sturdy. Tailwind puts you at around 400 speed, incredible bulk, and dishing out pain.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Really not all that much to say here. Standard.jpg Trapping Mag. Here for Scizor, other Mega Altaria w/o Fire Blast or Flamethrower, and just kinda serves as my main Special Attacker. Does a really good job at wrecking shop when dealing with more offensive 'mons, and often surprises me with it's power.

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Super Fang
- Play Rough
- Taunt
- Heal Bell

My main Physical wall, mainly for dealing with Mega Mence. Play Rough 2HKOs very comfortably, can take a Return / Frustration after Intimidate, and if they're DD, I won't even need to take any damage. Super Fang to be annoying, Taunt just as a fuck you to CroBro, and Heal Bell cuz Azu doesn't like burns.

Porygon2 @Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack

Serves as my main Special tank, and does one hell of a job at it, too. Has over 300 Def with no investment, over 450 SpDef with this spread, and can absolutely fuck over Mega Scep that don't expect Ice Beam. Tri Attack is mandatory STAB, TWave to cripple fast threats, and Recover cuz Recover.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Once again, pretty standard. Superpower is for those fucking pink blobs that Softboiled and Seismic Toss. Play Rough for Dragons and as primary STAB. Waterfall is for when I just don't fucking wanna miss, and for anything that is weak to Water. And Aqua Jet just for some priority.

Heliolisk @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Grass Knot

Mega Swampert was such a problem on rain teams that I had to change this from a Toxicroak that I loved so dearly. But this thing most certainly does it's job, and does it well. Grass Knot straight up OHKOs, TBolt can 2HKO MegaBro, and Surf gets powered up in the rain. Volt Switch for momentum.

So, that was my RMT! Constructive criticism is always appreciated, and I realize that there are likely a large number of flaws in this team that I simply am too new to see. I'd be willing to change Granbull, P2, and Mag. Once again, thank you for your time and critique!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)