ORAS OU Sylvarant and Tesseha'lla's Beasts.

Hello everybody k3nan here (pronounce it kenane
)

For those of you who don't know me I am a french player, not very active on Smogon lately but I intend to change this.
I will present a team I built for a teamtour and that proved quite effective.
It's a pretty basic bulky offense using M-Charizard X and Terrakion as the foundation. Charizard pressures offensive teams while Terrakion works better against more defensive ones. So on to the team now.

The base of the build
Zard X can pressure the offensive teams with Dragon Dance while Terrakion can make heavy damages on more defensive teams.
Both Pokémon have good synergy. For example Zard can switch into M-Scizor, which is annoying for Terrakion while Terrakion can switch into Heatran and threaten the opposing team with a fat Close Combat or Stone Edge.

However, this core is water weak, so Serperior is a good option to check threats such as Keldeo, Suicune, Quagsire, Rotom-Wash.
Serperior's ability to strike all common water types is very appreciated. He can also revenge kill some other threats like M-Diancie.

The problem is, Serperior won't be coming on Keldeo too often after a burn, so I needed another water-check. Also, Talon is very dangerous for this team.
I chose Rotom-Wash because it's a very good pivot. It can switch-in on many threats, then get a free burn or Volt Switch. And of course, it helps holding back Keldeo and Talonflame.

I Added a Tornadus-Therian to Rotom-Wash to get a nice Volturn core. It also helps with Gengar and M-Venusaur.

There is still no Fairy/Dragon resist, and the team could use a spinner to help Charizard switching in.
Excadrill is fulfilling both roles here. It removes hazards on my side of the field and checks Lati@s, and Clefable. It's also my only Volturn breaker, so use it with precaution.

(Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X

Ability : Tough Claws
EVs : 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Wanted to build around this because he is just the best Dragon Dancer of the tier.
With a jolly nature and this EV spread, he reaches to a 319 speed outpacing Scarf Kyurem-Black with a Dragon Dance. The attack is maximised for the most damage possible, and the remaining EV are put into HP to promote the bulk, so he can set up on Rotom-W more easily.
He hits only with his stabs no more is needed, Roost is preferred in the last slot to deaden the massive recoil damage from Flare Blitz.

(Terrakion) @ Life Orb

Ability : Justified
EVs : 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
- Stealth Rock

The jolly nature is preserved to outspeed the 100s based speed like Charizard, M-Medicham, M-Gardevoir.
Thanks to the Life Orb, Close Combat destroy every non resist in the tier with the SR damages.
I play it with his stab + quick attack who help me to revenge kill a faster weakened threat like Latios.
I believe that is right to play a priority move. A coverage move like Iron Head, Poison Jab, or Earthquake doesn't much more damages than his stabs.

Few calcs :

Iron Head against Magic Guard Clefable :
- 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 237-281 (60.1 - 71.3%)
- 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 222-263 (56.3 - 66.7%)

Poison Jab against Choice Band Azumarill :
- 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Poison Jab vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 273-322 (71 - 83.8%)
- 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 255-302 (66.4 - 78.6%)

Earthquake against Specially Defensive Jirachi :
- 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 283-335 (70 - 82.9%)
- 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 253-300 (62.6 - 74.2%)

This guy is also my rocks setter because I need to Scarf the other possible rocker.

(Serperior) (F) @ Leftovers

Ability : Contrary
EVs : 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs : 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

The 56 HP EVs allow to put a sub against a Rotom-Wash.
0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 64-76 (20.9 - 24.9%)
The speed is maximised to get the best speed tier possible, and the remaining EVs are put into special attack.
The classic Hidden Power Fire for hitting Ferrothorn, Scizor, and mostly Skarmory who seems a bit boring. It allows especially to avoid the Charizard switch in on these Pokémon, mostly if the rocks are up on my side.
SubSeed can help Serp against Lati@s and Heatran if they switch in on the seeds, you just have to put a sub.

(Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers

Ability : Levitate
EVs : 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs : 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

The 88 EVs Speed allow him to outspeed Crawdaunt. The rest are tossed into HP and Defense to help him take physical attacks better, such as M-Lopunny's stabs and Talonflame's Brave Bird. Protect on M-Lopunny and M-Medicham's High Jump Kick to get free damages and leftovers recovery. After that these guys (or girls
) will be in the Excadrill's range.

(Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- U-turn

The 168 HP EVs allow him to avoid the 2HKO from Choice Specs Keldeo's Scald. The speed is maximised to get the best speed tier, and the remaining EVs are put into special attack to increase his powerful stab. HP Ice here to lure the most commons rockers Landorus, and Garchomp. I think KOing asap the rocks setter is required when playing with Charizard.

Few calcs :

With Specs Keldeo :
- 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 168 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 142-168 (41.6 - 49.2%)
- 88 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 306-360 (94.7 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

With Defensive Landorus :
- 88 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 166-196 (43.4 - 51.3%)
- 88 SpA Tornadus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 244-288 (63.8 - 75.3%)
- 0 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 168 HP / 0- Def Tornadus-T: 266-314 (78 - 92%)

With Tank Chomp :
- 88 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 160-189 (38.3 - 45.3%)
- 88 SpA Tornadus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 236-280 (56.5 - 67.1%)

With Offensive Chomp :
- 88 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 160-189 (44.8 - 52.9%)
- 88 SpA Tornadus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 236-280 (66.1 - 78.4%)
- 252 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 168 HP / 0- Def Tornadus-T: 177-208 (51.9 - 60.9%)

I don't play Icy Wind because the Bisharp switch-in on this can destroy me.

(Excadrill) (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

I have troubles with speed control, since my fastest Pokémon is 121 BS, which means, Weavile, Talonflame, M-Manectric, M-Lopunny are all faster than any member of my team. This can be fixed with Scarfed Excadrill.
This is a great late game cleaner due to his MoldQuake combination. It works pretty nice with Serperior and Rotom-Wash that beat bulky water and ground.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-443159900 : Against teal6 my dude.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-443147814 : Against a Zard-Y bulky offense.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-195100 : Battle for The World's Longest OU Tournament.

Excadrill can switch-in on this stabs and pressure it at once. Serperior can also revenge kill it.

Pressure it with Tornadus, Charizard, Serperior and Terrakion (Close Combat does 55-65%). Or lure that with the Rotom's Protect.

SD Salac can destroy me, so be careful if you are in doubt about his set. Any other variant of this can be manageable by HP Ice Tornadus or Rotom-Wash.

Set the rocks asap to limit its switch ins. Then try to revenge kill them with Excadrill, Terrakion or Tornadus.

Don't have safe switch-in at the Choice Band, but the Belly Drum and Assault Vest are easier to deal with.

SubSeed Serperior can win the duel against this guy. Rotom-Wash can get a burn and he is revenge killed by Excadrill. But I don't have decent switch ins.

M-Lopunny is very annoying to face it with offensive team. The Protect on Rotom can help Excadrill to drop this out. Charizard can set up one Dragon Dance on this, then pressure it with a strong Dragon Claw.

This is a pretty cool bulky offense I personally love using this team, If you pick this (don't change the nick please
) I hope it will be the same for you.

Special thanks to my nigga ludicrousman for helping me writing.
Say hello to my crew

Flame Lance (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Grave (Terrakion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
- Stealth Rock

Serpent Seal (Serperior) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Atlas (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Spark Wave (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Stalagmite (Excadrill) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Thanks for having read, I look forward to reading your comments and propositions, and until then, I wish you good luck.

k3nan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)