Resource SV OU Teal Mask Viability Ranking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
1700189611827.png
D -> C+

This mon has no business being this low, it's a great check/counter to a ton of mons, mainly Great Tusk, while also dealing very well against Zamazenta, Dnite and the Ogerpons.

Strength Sap + Matcha Gotcha are a great combo, and it's a terrific spinblocker on bulkier structures that don't want to rely on Gholdengo.

I think D is perfectly fine for Infernape. It does have a couple perks over the listed mons (Fire STAB, Nasty Plot, Will-O-Wisp, serval forms of priority) and the D ranking acknowledges the monkey is a niche pick. I'm definitely not using the thing 99% of the time, but I don't see it as totally unviable.

Plus Morkal probably made it work.
I heard my name called, and you were right, I've been using Infernape for a while now.

Infernape @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Iron Fist
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Raging Fury
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch​

My personal favorite set atm. In all honesty, I'd say it should be C- or C because I feel it's really underexplored in the Tera meta and it occupies some pretty crucial niches, but I haven't done enough consistent research to fully recommend a rank boost for it yet.

I heard my name called, and you were right, I've been using Infernape for a while now.

Infernape @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Iron Fist
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Raging Fury
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch​

My personal favorite set atm. In all honesty, I'd say it should be C- or C because I feel it's really underexplored in the Tera meta and it occupies some pretty crucial niches, but I haven't done enough consistent research to fully recommend a rank boost for it yet.
I actually agree the mon is underexplored and has some small niche to fill, though I'm curious about why raging fury over flare blitz? Isn't the former an Outrage clone?

I actually agree the mon is underexplored and has some small niche to fill, though I'm curious about why raging fury over flare blitz? Isn't the former an Outrage clone?
Flare Blitz is definitely an option, but personally, I've preferred Raging Fury as it's the same base power without the recoil and (this is most important to me) Raging Fury isn't a contact move so Infernape isn't punished by Rocky Helmet. There are very few things in OU that like to stand up to a +2 STAB Raging Fury from Infernape.

Flare Blitz is definitely an option, but personally, I've preferred Raging Fury as it's the same base power without the recoil and (this is most important to me) Raging Fury isn't a contact move so Infernape isn't punished by Rocky Helmet. There are very few things in OU that like to stand up to a +2 STAB Raging Fury from Infernape.
Wait it isn't? That's actually news to me. Huh. That's interesting! Now I can see the positives of the move!

:Moltres: -> B+ / A-: This Pokemon is drastically better post Gliscor ban. Matches up well into multiple top tiers, including Rillaboom, Great Tusk, Libero Cinderace, while also punishing multiple other potential switch-ins like Ogerpon with potential burns. It is weak to Knock off unfortunately, but Flame Body makes using that (and U-Turn) far from riskless. Nonetheless, Moltres is certainly quite a bit worse than it was in the Home metagame, as Ogerpon dominates it in the 1v1 and Manaphy uses it as free setup. The increased usage of Heatran certainly does not help this Pokemon out much, but it can easily U-Turn out of these bad match-ups, all while still contributing with Flame Body.

:Kingambit: -> A+: Kingambit feels the weakest its ever been rn. Pretty much every team is packing multiple checks to it by default, whether it be Tusk, Zama, Encore Ogerpon or Valiant, etc. which makes it drastically harder for it to get its classic game winning sweeps. Getting those ideal scenarios where Kingambit is the last mon, at full health, and Tera is still on deck feels drastically harder in the current metagame. On balance squads, it feels that defensive Tera needs to be expended earlier to deal with certain threats - even on Kingambit itself - which leaves the ideal game winning scenarios much more difficult to achieve, espicially if Kingambit is forced in early. Kingambit is a great defensive Tera user still even if it is forced in early, but I find that dealing with it in these positions is significantly easier, as it is forced to deal with the consequences of its new typing, whether it be the worse defensive profile, or taking higher chip damage from Stealth Rock. The game winning scenarios are more feasible on HO squads, but Kingambit is competing with many of its partners such as Rillaboom and Iron Valiant for Tera usage, which are arguably stronger users of the mechanic IMO due to the key advantages an early momentum swing can provide in breaking the opponent's defensive core. In general, while Kingambit is still strong, its own success has led to many teams and Pokemon packing multiple counter measures to it & makes lining up the ideal conditions for it noticably more difficult, hence why I believe it should drop to A+.

Kenpwnchi

formerly Pwndkthnx
Okay. So, let's talk about Cinderace. Allow me to be, potentially, the first to say that Cinderace deserves an increase in ranking. With Sneasler gone, Cinderace is, pretty much, capable of countering everything else in the ranks above it. This is with its Fire typing and ability, Libero, alone. When you add Tera Type to the fray, you can literally make Cinderace into a fast HO counter for whatever other mons you deem a threat. For me, I decided to use Tera Type Grass Cinderace because it can counter mons like Great Tusk and Clodsire (both the premier hazard cleaner and hazard setter, respectively). If that wasn't enough, with one of its unique moves, Court Change, Cinderace is able to swiftly turn the tides of battle by switching any hazards you have over to your opponent. With this aspect, Cinderace is, kinda, like a pseudo-Gholdengo (but just for hazard countering). Speaking on the aformentioned mon, Cinderace can defeat Gholdengo, as well as Kingambit, Rillaboom, and any other mon that's severely weak to Fire typing. Of fun things to note, U-Turn allows for consistent pivoting, Pyro Ball straight sweeps whatever it's used against, and Super Fang can allow you to place certain mons in revenge killing range. Typically, you would want to run HDB, but if you Tera Type into something other than Fire type, the item becomes nigh useless. That being said, other things like Choice Scarf or Choice Band works pretty well (depending on whether your aim is top speed or top strength).

Okay. So, let's talk about Cinderace. Allow me to be, potentially, the first to say that Cinderace deserves an increase in ranking. With Sneasler gone, Cinderace is, pretty much, capable of countering everything else in the ranks above it. This is with its Fire typing and ability, Libero, alone. When you add Tera Type to the fray, you can literally make Cinderace into a fast HO counter for whatever other mons you deem a threat. For me, I decided to use Tera Type Grass Cinderace because it can counter mons like Great Tusk and Clodsire (both the premier hazard cleaner and hazard setter, respectively). If that wasn't enough, with one of its unique moves, Court Change, Cinderace is able to swiftly turn the tides of battle by switching any hazards you have over to your opponent. With this aspect, Cinderace is, kinda, like a pseudo-Gholdengo (but just for hazard countering). Speaking on the aformentioned mon, Cinderace can defeat Gholdengo, as well as Kingambit, Rillaboom, and any other mon that's severely weak to Fire typing. Of fun things to note, U-Turn allows for consistent pivoting, Pyro Ball straight sweeps whatever it's used against, and Super Fang can allow you to place certain mons in revenge killing range. Typically, you would want to run HDB, but if you Tera Type into something other than Fire type, the item becomes nigh useless. That being said, other things like Choice Scarf or Choice Band works pretty well (depending on whether your aim is top speed or top strength).
Even if you do Tera out of Fire, the Heavy Duty Boots are still extremely valuable. Cinderace will be switching in and out of battle, meaning that it'll be chipped down by the omnipresent Spikes if they're still up. Court Change is either extremely valuable or absolute crap. It can make dealing with suicide leads, Glimmora and screen setters a thousand fold easier, but it's notoriously weak if the hazard setter is still alive as they can simply set the hazards back up and Court Change largely becomes useless.

Cinderace is not a Pokemon who wants to Tera as that causes Libero to become defunct. You beat Great Tusk with a fast Will-O-Wisp and Clodsire is anything but the premier hazard setter.

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
:Crawdaunt: C -> UR

• Offers zero defensive utility and requires pivoting support to come in.
  • Outclassed by better offensive water- and dark- pokemon like Kingambit and Wellspring, both being more effective offensively while also providing defensive utility to the team.
  • Very one-dimensional especially with Terastalization crippling Crawdaunt if used
  • Crawdaunts Aqua Jet is slower than all priority except Kingambits Sucker Punch, limiting the revenge killing capabilities of Crawdaunt.
  • Defensively countered by pokemon used on bulkier teamstyles Crawdaunt should theoretically be good against, including Dondozo.
  • Has had no recent tournament success, not being used even a single time in SCL.
I have plenty of experience vs Crawdaunt on high ladder (1700+ ELO) and this shit just feels like a noob trap, similar to Rampardos. It's strong but everything else about it is so horrible I genuinely see no use case for Crawdaunt on any teamstyle. Completely undeserving of a spot on the VR.

:Crawdaunt: C -> UR

• Offers zero defensive utility and requires pivoting support to come in.
  • Outclassed by better offensive water- and dark- pokemon like Kingambit and Wellspring, both being more effective offensively while also providing defensive utility to the team.
  • Very one-dimensional especially with Terastalization crippling Crawdaunt if used
  • Crawdaunts Aqua Jet is slower than all priority except Kingambits Sucker Punch, limiting the revenge killing capabilities of Crawdaunt.
  • Defensively countered by pokemon used on bulkier teamstyles Crawdaunt should theoretically be good against, including Dondozo.
  • Has had no recent tournament success, not being used even a single time in SCL.
I have plenty of experience vs Crawdaunt on high ladder (1700+ ELO) and this shit just feels like a noob trap, similar to Rampardos. It's strong but everything else about it is so horrible I genuinely see no use case for Crawdaunt on any teamstyle. Completely undeserving of a spot on the VR.
There's so much I just...

-Zero defensive utility? Not really true. Despite the high frailty, its practical typing can still enable it to take a resisted hit in a pinch. And aqua jet is self explanatory.
-Wellspring is more of a utility and sweeper pokemon, whereas Crawdaunt wallbreaks and stallbreaks. Kingambit, is a late game sweeper.
-One dimensional in what way??
-What does faster priority have to do with anything? Outside kingambit, Crawdaunt isn't supposed to be 1v1ing Dragonite or Rillaboom. Aqua jet is for handling frailer weakened offensive pokemon.
-this one is especially egregious. Dondozo is free knock bait and instantly gets crippled by Crawdaunt which alone goes a long way in breaking those teams down for its own teammates.
-plenty of viable mons in C haven't really seen tourney usage. That's why they're low. It's a tiny niche but it exists.

Lastly, comparing Crawdaunt to Rampardos is hilariously off. Ramp has no good qualities to support its attack. Crawdaunt has multiple.

Tldr; Crawdaunt is flawed but fine where it is.

:Ting-Lu: -> A+: With Gliscor gone, Ting-Lu is once again the tiers premier Spiker. It does hate the increased Knock Off and Toxic Distribution, but hazard removal mostly still being bad still make it an incredible Spiker on Balance and Bulky Offensive teams alike. Ruination + EQ Ting-Lu has a solid MU into Ghold and is great at pressuring most switch-ins, such as Manaphy, Ogerpon-Wellspring, Great Tusk, and Zapdos. That insane bulk + Tera allows it to blanket check most threats and phase them out before they before too threatening, which is especially useful vs the many cheese wincons like Cress, Clefable, etc. Clefable and a buffed Alolamola are also both great new partners for Ting-Lu, as the Wish support they provide can make it somewhat less reliant on Leftovers for recovery.

A few quick noms before this slate closes:

:great-tusk: A+ --> S (could also delete S- or raise both S- mons to S, but Tusk should be up there IMO)

Gliscor's ban benefits Tusk immensely, as now it can run more defensive sets once again without fearing Gliscor's Toxic. I think Tusk is definitely a contender for the title of "most splashable mon in the tier" once again.

:rillaboom: A --> A- or B+

Still a really good mon, but losing Sneasler knocks Rilla down a peg or two.

:ting-lu: A --> A+

Defensively-oriented Ground-type Spikes setter benefits from Gliscor's ban. More news at 11.

:samurott-hisui: A --> A+

Spikes setter benefits immensely from Gliscor's ban. More news at 11. I could go either way between a rise and keeping it in A, though; it's still quite an excellent mon regardless.

:garganacl: B+ --> A- or A

Gliscor also cannibalized a bit of its niche as a bulky hazard-setting passive damage spreader. Garg isn't necessarily at the same level it used to be at, where it absolutely dominated, but it's objectively a superior mon now thanks to Gliscor's ban.

:moltres: B --> A-

Gliscor also gave this mon absolute hell, and as such it benefits tremendously from a Wisp-immune Toxic spreader getting the boot.

:zapdos: A --> A+

Gliscor also also gave this mon absolute hell and it benefits immensely from the bat scorpion's ban. Been doing well in SCL.

:skeledirge: B+ --> A-

Another winner, and it's been doing quite well in SCL as well.

:slowking-Galar: A- --> A

Yet another mon that benefits from Gliscor's ban. Bit of a trend here, innit?

A few quick noms before this slate closes:

:great-tusk: A+ --> S (could also delete S- or raise both S- mons to S, but Tusk should be up there IMO)

Gliscor's ban benefits Tusk immensely, as now it can run more defensive sets once again without fearing Gliscor's Toxic. I think Tusk is definitely a contender for the title of "most splashable mon in the tier" once again.

:rillaboom: A --> A- or B+

Still a really good mon, but losing Sneasler knocks Rilla down a peg or two.

:ting-lu: A --> A+

Defensively-oriented Ground-type Spikes setter benefits from Gliscor's ban. More news at 11.

:samurott-hisui: A --> A+

Spikes setter benefits immensely from Gliscor's ban. More news at 11. I could go either way between a rise and keeping it in A, though; it's still quite an excellent mon regardless.

:garganacl: B+ --> A- or A

Gliscor also cannibalized a bit of its niche as a bulky hazard-setting passive damage spreader. Garg isn't necessarily at the same level it used to be at, where it absolutely dominated, but it's objectively a superior mon now thanks to Gliscor's ban.

:moltres: B --> A-

Gliscor also gave this mon absolute hell, and as such it benefits tremendously from a Wisp-immune Toxic spreader getting the boot.

:zapdos: A --> A+

Gliscor also also gave this mon absolute hell and it benefits immensely from the bat scorpion's ban. Been doing well in SCL.

:skeledirge: B+ --> A-

Another winner, and it's been doing quite well in SCL as well.

:slowking-Galar: A- --> A

Yet another mon that benefits from Gliscor's ban. Bit of a trend here, innit?
:Tornadus-Therian: B+ to A-

Also benefits from Gliscor's ban as now it can spam knock off and u-turn freely and not having to worry about toxic from Gliscor or Gliscor absorbing its knock offs

And yes I see the trend

Final noms before the slate closes go

:Great Tusk: A+ -> S
No more Gliscor means this has a comparatively easier time spinning off hazards. Still far from perfect, but speed booster spin sets are the best way to do so in most cases. I think full defensive sets are complete ass even now, as they're passive weak and have bad 4MSS, but offensive and utility sets are better and bulk up is as good as ever.

:Ting-Lu: A -> A+
Mon was still seeing play in the Gliscor meta but without it around its now the main ground spiker and it's great. It's already seeing plenty of success post Gliscor and is a great fit on the teams it's used on. The presence of wishturn mola also gives if another option for longevity. Not required but it's nice.

:Zapdos: A -> A+
The king is back and reliable. Doing well in a post Gliscor world in ladder and SCL. It's been doing what it did before and makes for a great pair with Glowking again.

:Samurott-Hisui: A -> A+
I'd be cool with it staying A for now, but it's also a strong presence in the meta. It still has great defensive utility in switching into Gholdengo and Heatran for free spikes, the latter being very much prominent and dominant at this point so this is great. It's still quite customizable in how you run it, and I'd like to mention how good Razor Shell is in conjunction with Edge. The two combined stabs make for great pressure as the 50% defense drop is actually pretty brutal and makes it harder to switch into. Last side note but resttalk+cedge+RShell is pretty cool.

:Skeledirge: B+ -> A-
not exactly super prominent ATM but it's notably been seeing usage again and has very relevant defensive use and uses it to apply pressure between status and the threat of torch song boosted attacks mid-late game. Tera just gives it a nice extra backup blanket to expand the reach of its defensive use.

:Rillaboom: A -> A-
I should preface this by saying it's still a good mon, which is why I'm making a small drop nom, but I think it's still notably worse than when Sneasler was around. Sneasler anchored those grassy teams well and now they lack a firm focal point for ending games quicker. I think that Rilla's old issues from last gen are also noticable now, which is it's awful hazard weakness and that limits its defensive utility. That defensive utility which includes checking OgerponW, it feels less reliable when hazards are likely up and it gets chipped too quickly and Rilla can thud into switch ins on OgerponW's team and not do much. So it faced the prediction reliance issue it had last gen when running CB.

Tldr; still good, but the prominence of hazards limits its switch ins and forces annoying prediction games which cuts down consistency.

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
Rapid fire noms with little explanation:

:Great-Tusk: -> S
It's Great Tusk, shouldn't have not been s in the the first place and it loves scor being gone. The best hazard remover that checks a ton of other boxes in the builder.

:Kingambit: -> A+
Still a good mon but it's at a low point right now, it's offensive and defensive utility have both dropped substantially from when it was the tier king pre-dlc due to teams being more prepared for it.

:Garganacl: -> A

Garganacl is taking the metagame by storm after the Sneasler ban, nothing runs cloak right now, good mon that forces tons of chip.

:Cinderace: :Iron Moth: -> A-
Dead slots into Garganacl and Heatran unless they run suboptimal sets, for cinderace specifically veil HO is way less common rn

:Rillaboom: -> A+
Sneasler ban makes it no longer S- in my eyes like I nommed it before, but Rillaboom has found a new partner in Garganacl, RillaGarg balances and bulky offenses are everywhere rn and very effective.

last minute nom:

1700637216529.png
UR -> C

Chesnaught is surprisingly viable in this meta and is a blanket check to the majority of the physical attackers in the tier, and can offer a lot of role compression w/ Spikes and Knock Off utility. Compared to Amoonguss, Chesnaught:

• Can actually reliably check Ogerpon-Cornerstone (the most reliable check in the tier that beats all cornerstone sets w/o needing Tera), which otherwise can otherwise be very difficult for balance/stall to switch into, while still hard walling every other ogerpon
  • Has spikes/knock off to make guaranteed progress against bulkier teams, while Amoonguss always gives a free switch to Gholdengo (another balance/stall destroyer), and is incredibly passive after using Spore. Its Body Press is also very threatening, for example easily outdamaging standard defensive Zama's body press.
  • immune to Pyro Ball
  • With ID + Body Press, beats basically the vast majority of common physical attackers in the tier 1v1 regardless of their tera, like Kingambit w/o tera blast, Rillaboom, Samurott-H, Tusk, Sub + ID Zamazenta, Meow, even non-tera fairy/ghost Garg in a pinch (or if you run tera-ghost yourself). It can also switch in on Ursaluna once in a pinch and outspeed to threaten a KO, which bulkier teams really appreciate.
  • This also means that on stall teams, Chesnaught can greatly alleviate the pressure against Dondozo which is very valuable (stall also usually needs Dondozo to tera for ogerpon-c/garg, which can be avoided much easier w/ Chesnaught)
+2 252 Atk Cornerstone Mask Ogerpon-Cornerstone Power Whip vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 139-164 (36.6 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Def Chesnaught Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Cornerstone: 320-378 (106.3 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 139-165 (36.6 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Tera Fighting Kingambit Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 139-165 (36.6 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Zamazenta Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 117-138 (30.8 - 36.4%) -- 56.2% chance to 3HKO
+2 88 Def Zamazenta Body Press vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 132-156 (34.8 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Def Chesnaught Body Press vs. +2 252 HP / 88 Def Zamazenta: 112-133 (28.8 - 34.2%) -- 99.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
(Chesnaught 1v1s ID Zama)

+2 252 Atk Mystic Water Sharpness Tera Water Samurott-Hisui Razor Shell vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 162-191 (42.7 - 50.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Grass Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught in Grassy Terrain: 170-201 (44.8 - 53%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 172-204 (45.3 - 53.8%) -- 36.3% chance to 2HKO
(beats fire punch dnite 1v1, meaning only encore/tera blast fly will beat you)
  • Gives the team a shadow ball immunity. While its not switching into them, another immunity can easily dissuade choice locked Pult/Ghold from clicking shadow ball, which otherwise could be incredibly spammable
  • Also minor things like hard walling and beating Amoonguss w/o clear smog. Its also surprisingly not that heavy (low kick is 80 BP), so Tera Fighting Low Kick gambit sets that have gotten way more popular recently are not really an issue either

The main issues with Chesnaught are 1) It really wants ID, Spikes, and Knock Off, but can only fit two of the three and 2) it is awkward to fit on a lot of team structures, since it stacks weaknesses with Tusk/Zama, which are otherwise much better Fighting types and 3) obviously no regenerator/poison typing that Amoonguss has. However, it has one of the most unique defensive profiles in the tier, in particular combining hard walling all ogerpons + gambit, which Amoonguss cannot, while also generally being way less passive than Amoonguss into bulkier teams, which gives it a very defined niche. These combination of traits are particularly valuable for stall teams, which really needs the role compression it provides.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1996160831-4cv8b7m64dt0ndhu0bi4094knl7tuszpw (chesnaught easily shrugging off tusk, gambit)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1996156421-dokl5l0shp5igvb5ilnw9vmvzn9aebupw (vs. rain, easily stopping ogerpon-w despite synthesis recovery getting halved)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1996127648-v29eevw7ogyrdjvk31j9a6xakpg6pyupw?p2 (Chesnaught walling 5/6 mons, spikes on ogerpon-c)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1994671738-eodmd97xl5zmo9as3ose78d77bb1iexpw?p2 (example of Chesnaught stall, taking on Kingambit + Samurott-Hisui while keeping Dondozo safe from pressure)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1996078154-1d2w58t0zzolxiw1c9kxy10318ok2jipw (Chesnaught stall vs. stall, Knock off was invaluable for making progress)

Sample teams:

Last edited:

Kenpwnchi

formerly Pwndkthnx
Tornadus-Therian to A-, please. Regenerator coupled with a useful item and its diverse movepool allows Tornadus-Therian to not only stick around, but also apply heavy amounts of pressure with moves like U-Turn, Air Slash, Sunny Day (to proc Proto), and so much more. I'm not exaggerating when I say this mon can use Air Slash, outspeed your opp, and flinch 2-3 mons into death.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Hello all, very sorry for the delay; IRL is a bitch. To make up for it, here's a very positive slate with mostly rises and not too many drops! (what Gliscor does to an mf...)

Rises
  • :gholdengo: S- to S
  • :kingambit: S- to S
  • :dragapult: A+ to S-
  • :great-tusk: A+ to S-
  • :rillaboom: A to A+
  • :samurott-hisui: A to A+
  • :ting-lu: A to A+
  • :zapdos: A to A+
  • :amoonguss: A- to A
  • :slowking-galar: A- to A
  • :garganacl: B+ to A-
  • :heatran: B+ to A
  • :moltres: B to B+
  • :ursaluna: B to B+
  • :weavile: B to B+
  • :mandibuzz: B- to B
  • :maushold: B- to B
  • :volcanion: B- to B
  • :clodsire: C+ to B-
  • :hawlucha: C+ to B-
  • :iron-hands: C+ to B-
  • :kommo-o: C+ to B-
  • :enamorus-therian: C to C+
  • :iron-treads: C to C+
  • :muk-alola: C to B-
  • :thundurus-therian: C to B-
  • :weezing-galar: C to B-
  • :cyclizar: D to C
  • :okidogi: D to C
  • :sinistcha: D to B-
  • :chesnaught: UR to C
  • :goodra-hisui: UR to C
  • :iron-jugulis: UR to C+
  • :salamence: UR to D
  • :talonflame: UR to C
  • :tauros-paldea-blaze: UR to D
Drops
  • :ninetales-alola: A to B+
  • :ribombee: A- to B+
  • :ogerpon: B+ to B
  • :hoopa-unbound: B to B-
  • :toxapex: B to B-
  • :empoleon: B- to C+
  • :pelipper: B- to C+
  • :scream-tail: B- to C+
  • :azumarill: C+ to C
  • :basculegion: C+ to C
  • :polteageist: C to D
  • :infernape: D to UR
  • :thundurus: D to UR
:sinistcha: +3 Subrankings (D to B-)
Sinistcha is a Pokemon that went under our radar for a while, but the general public and some convincing high-ladder showings have indicated that Sinistcha is actually a really solid setup sweeper. Its absurd signature in Matcha Gotcha in tandem with a stupidly annoying defensive spread, Strength Sap, and Calm Mind make it a fairly potent win condition with the right support while also providing teams a highly resilient spinblocker and disruptor.

:iron-jugulis: +3 Subrankings (UR to C+)
Iron Jugulis makes its grand return to the OU VR for the same reason we saw it ranked previously; this time however, it has been more notably popularized thanks to a specific team that has made waves on the ladder the past few weeks. STAB Knock Off, Taunt, STAB Hurricane, and great coverage with a massive speed boost thanks to Booster Energy makes it a great tool for Hyper Offense teams into Cinderace's Court Change and Heavy-Duty Boots spam that also packs a serious punch when it actually lands its attacks.

This is the primary UR ranking of note that has made the largest mainstream splash. The others I would advise you ask Mimikyu Stardust about as they were his suggestions!

:heatran: +2 Subrankings (B+ to A)
Some things in this world will never change; even though Heatran had a short stint in UU, tour players have soon remembered that Heatran is actually a Heatran, even without Toxic in its arsenal anymore. It is an excellent blanket check into many dangerous Special Attackers like Gholdengo and Dragapult that makes excellent use out of defensive Tera thanks to its great natural bulk, access to Flash Fire, and access to Magma Storm to enforce progress into a HDB-laden metagame. All of this makes it a tried and true option for a Stealth Rock setter and dangerous tank for teams in need that is far more potent without Gliscor around anymore.

:muk-alola: +2 Subrankings (C to B-)
Alolan Muk is, too, a great Special tank. While it may not have access to Magma Storm and Stealth Rock like Heatran, access to a Ghost-type resistance, STAB Knock Off, Poison Touch, and a general lack of weaknesses make it not only a difficult Pokemon to take out, but an obnoxious tank able to remove items and spread status with ease that similarly appreciates Gliscor's departure.

:thundurus-therian: +2 Subrankings (C to B-)
Thundurus-Therian is a goofy wallbreaker that has seen constant high-ladder success thanks to Tera Blast, but it has also seen some promising results with a more dedicated HDB set making use of Knock Off and Thundurus-T's great coverage profile.

:weezing-galar: +2 Subrankings (C to B-)
Galarian Weezing is an excellent physical wall with access to great utility, including a rare Gholdengo-defying Defog thanks to Neutralizing Gas. When it isn't running Neutralizing Gas, however, Levitate variants are absurdly hard to break past without leaving yourself vulnerable to its status-spreading options and solid coverage.

As always, I'll be leaving the thread open for 24 hours for questions. Please read the noteworthy changes and search for an answer to your question before asking it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)