SS LC Stunky and The Boys (An LC RMT about Wildlife)(100th Post!)

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Stunky.jpg

Hi peeps, this is Dreamcatcher here. I’ve been meaning to post an LC RMT for a while, and thought that, with quarantine and having alot of free time, it would be the perfect time to post this RMT. I guess this also doubles as a milestone for my 100th post. With all the background info out of the way, let’s dive into the actual brainstorm of the teambuilding process.

Overview:
SS LC has not been kind in terms of teambuilding, with several archetypes such as Sun and Veil dominating an entire era of its own before being banned out of the tier. This team was initially built during the Sun meta, with several changes to account for meta shifts. The idea behind the team was to build a fun, sorta anti meta team that utilized several underrated mons and/or sets. The superstar of the team is definitely Stunky, an underrated breaker with various strengths. Staying with the “Nature” theme, the mon I chose to pair with Stunky is Mudbray, who is able to shore up Stunky’s weaknesses and provide a secondary breaker and win condition for the team. Next came Cutiefly, a mon that I view as the best mon in the tier and is able to supplement an entire Webs archetype by itself. Moving on Vullaby and Corphish were added to provide a pivot and priority to take advantage of Stunky’s offensive capabilities. Lastly, Ferroseed was slapped onto the team to provide a defensive anchor to several glaring weaknesses in the team.

The Actual Team Analysis:
:Stunky:
Stunky @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
Level: 5
EVs: 12 HP / 60 Def / 188 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
Stunky is the central focus of the team. In a meta defined by defensive walls like Ferroseed, Mareanie, and Spritzee, Stunky stands out as a wallbreaker with incredible coverage and good speed tier (18). Between Sludge Bomb, Dark Pulse, and Flamethrower, it is able to threaten the defensive walls and create opportunities for its teammates to shine. Initially, Stunky had Life Orb and Sucker Punch as 4th move for immediate power and priority. However, it was too frail, being unable to take even resisted hits. Then, I opted for an Eviolite + Nasty Plot set, allowing Stunky to set up upon neutral hits and revenge kill or even sweep.

:Mudbray:
Mudbray @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat

Mudbray is the complementary piece to Stunky. I opted for a more offensive option, utilizing Choice Scarf to eliminate Mudbray’s mediocre speed and surprise opposing threats. Scarf Mudbray is able to outspeed notably diglett, ponyta, wingull, and cutiefly, who are prominent threats to Stunky and the team and take them out. The set is generally the same as Eviolite Mudbray with Earthquake as STAB, Heavy Slam to nuke Cutiefly, and Rock Slide to hit flying types like Vullaby and Rufflet. Close Combat was chosen as the last move to KO Munchlax, a mon that would pose a threat to Stunky.

:Cutiefly:
Cutiefly @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sweet Veil
EVs: 236 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 HP / 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Psychic
Sash Cutiefly was the third addition to my team. It functions both as a suicide lead in a more offensive matchup or as a defensive fail-safe/wincon in a more bulky offense matchup. It is able to pressure fighters such as Timburr and Farfetch’d while providing Sticky Web support to help Stunky outspeed initially faster mons such as Ponyta, Diglett, and Cutiefly. Quiver Dance and Psychic are potential tools to facilitate a sweep late game, and pressure Cutiefly checks such as Mareanie and Oddish.

:Corphish:
Corphish @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
The Lobster serves as the next member of my team. The team appreciated a cleaner, a priority user, and a knocker to soften walls. What fits the bill and is natural themed? Corphish. Sword Dance Corphish is one of the best cleaners in the tier, blessed with Adaptability boosted Aqua Jet and Crabhammer. It is able to neutralize the various ground types, opening more opportunities for Stunky to shine. Furthermore, it is able to soften the defensive walls of the tier to allow Stunky to score the KO without NP boosts.

:Vullaby:
Vullaby (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
Vullaby is the 5th member of the team and the glue that keeps the team functioning. I opted for a more defensive spread to provide the team with a defensive anchor. 14 Speed was chosen to outspeed Corphish and Mudbray while being slower than 15 Speed Vullaby to get a slower U-turn, allowing momentum and a switch into the preferred breaker on the team.

:Ferroseed:
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 108 Def / 4 SpA / 228 SpD / 36 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
Lastly, there is Ferroseed. Ferroseed is the crucial defensive check to many of this team’s weaknesses while providing hazards. It is able to check notably Fairies (Spritzee, Cutiefly), and offensive waters (Corphish, Wingull) that would run rampant. Plus, it has utility in Knock and T-wave to cripple and provide an additional form of speed control for the team.

Threats:

:Spritzee: :Cutiefly: - Nasty Plot Spritzee (especially TR variants) and Quiver Dance Cutiefly are pretty nasty against teams with 1 fairy resist. Most of the time, you have to bonk both of them with Heavy Slams and Sludge Bombs before they set up or keep your Ferroseed healthy to cripple with T-wave.

:Ponyta: - It is hard for this team to switch into Ponyta and especially Wisp. You have to prolly let Vullaby take a burn and hope for a pivot into Mudbray or Corphish to pressure it or predict Ponyta coming into ur Ferroseed and T-wave it.

:Wingull: :Krabby: :Corphish: - Wingull, Corphish, and Krabby. With one water resist, the team needs very good switching or predicting to prevent offensive waters from wreaking havoc.

:Rufflet: - With no flying resists, this is probably the worst matchup. You have to scout which set it is (Scarf, Band, Bulk Up) and beat it accordingly. Preserve priority and sash on Cutie to help against it.

Acknowledgements/Shoutouts:
S/O The Scrubs (A good group of peeps that are always willing to help each other and discuss ideas; couldn't have built this without you peeps)
Special thanks to Laroxyl and Fiend for helping build the prototype and Tack :] for helping me test the prototype
S/O My senpai LilyAC for teaching me LC and showing me how to build teams =)
S/O the ladder for tilting me with and providing new ways to teambuild
Stunky @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 12 HP / 60 Def / 188 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

Mudbray @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat

Cutiefly @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sweet Veil
EVs: 236 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 HP / 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Corphish @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Vullaby (F) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 108 Def / 4 SpA / 228 SpD / 36 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Thanks for reading till the end. Feel free to leave any questions, comments, or suggestions you may have!

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello, that's a very nice team, i don't think there is much to change if you don't want to completely change the style of the team, but i think suicide cutiefly isn't really useful in a team with ferro because he's pretty passive and lets timburr defog with ease, and you halso have a pivot vulla. you can try both pawn over ferro (with a switch to NP vulla to keep the team on a more offensive style) or evio roost cutiefly so you can check timburr and fighting types in general better and have the team more balanced.
that's all i had, i hope this can be useful :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)