Storm Chasing

Storm Chasing

Introduction:
Hello Smogon! My name is Cozyy. I took a break from Pokémon for about 8 months because of personal things and it was just boring to me at the time. But now I’m back and I love battling even more than I once did. Now enough about that and more about the team. I have always liked the use of rain over all the other weathers because I felt it was the most solid out of them. Tyranitar does look cool but everyone who benefits from the sand is dumb in my opinion (except for my baby Excadrill </3). Sun is pretty fun to use but is too offensive orientated for my likings. I do like to use Hail but in this metagame it is just too hard to build a consistent Hail team. So for my comeback team I decided to go with Rain for those reasons. This team in my opinion is one of the most solid Rain balanced team I have seen in awhile. The team focuses on a Jirachi sweep while my core and wall breaking Dragonite break down the opponent’s team to help set him up. Now onto the team!​

Drizzy D (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Perish Song

Why I Chose Him and His Role On The Team

The picture tells it all. Well it’s pretty obvious why I chose Politoed for this team. Rain. This little guy has gone from zero to hero all because of the simple fact that he can make it rain. I chose the 3 attacks toed because I feel it just works well with my team. Specs is nice but being able to tank hits while dishing out is a lot better. I chose surf over hydro pump for the accuracy. I have lost too many games because I have missed hydro pump so I’ve been going with surf and it has worked fine. Ice beam for dragons that don't expect him to hit hard or if they think I am specs and locked into surf. HP grass for the Rotom or Gastrodon prediction. That catches a lot of people off guard. Finally perish song to stop baton passers and set up sweepers in their tracks. Overall I think Politoed is the best weather inducer because he can dish out and take hits all at the same time. I love this guy!​

FerroBoss (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef--- 0 Spe IV's
Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Ahhhh the standard Ferrothorn. One of the best defensive Pokémon to exist and part one of my core. This is a pretty standard set with leech seed over spikes/t-wave. The EV's maximize his overall bulk and help him last longer. I chose him because he can set up rocks, where down opponents with leech seed, take dragon moves, and straight up OHKO several fast threats with gyro ball. He is my best counter to Rotom also. With his only weaknesses being covered by the Rain and by Tentacruel, this guy is pretty tough to take down in the Rain.​

Jizzy J (Tentacruel) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Part 2 of my Rain core. He has rose up from Gen 1 and has become one of the best defensive Pokémon this Gen. Him alongside ferrothorn can take on most threats with ease. He is also the rapid spinner on my team. He is also my main way to take down ferrothorn. With knock off and the Scald burn ferrothorn isn't much of a problem. Now the EV's are pretty standard but the moves are not. Scald and rapid spin are there for obvious reasons, but I’m sure some of you are questioning why I use toxic over toxic spikes and knock off over protect. Well for one I don’t tend to set up much hazards in the first place. I know they help a lot but I just never seem to bother with any besides stealth rocks. And scoring a nice toxic on something that didn’t expect it is always nice. Now ever since I have started using knock off I have fallen in love. Yeah protect is nice for scouting and the recovery turn, but knocking off a threats choice band or a walls leftovers is really nice. Knock off can ruin countless Pokémon and is a really underrated move in my opinion.​

J-Fest All Day (Jirachi) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SAtk / 136 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Water Pulse

This guy is the MVP of the team. He is the main sweeper and is the guy that my team is built around. It’s a pretty standard rain Jirachi set but with a little more EV’s in SAtk for some more damage. I chose thunder over psychic for killing water guys and the nice paralysis hax that I get with serene grace. That combined with the confusion hax from water pulse can really frustrate my opponent. Jirachi isn’t really thought of as a powerful rain sweeper, but brought in at the right time he can be really dangerous.​

No Where To Go (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Reversal

This guy has basically two jobs on my team, to kill opposing weather inducers (except gay Abamasnow) and to take down basically any fire, electric guys including Volcarona and Heatran. His ability Arena Trap basically means i can trap almost every Pokémon that I want I have fallen in love with this guy because he basically guarantees that my rain will stay up the entire match, which my team relies on. I went with the focus sash version because I can come in on a move, survive with my sash and out speed and KO the next turn. The moves and EV’s are pretty self-explanatory.​

Titties (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP/ 108 SAtk / 148 SDef
Calm (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Dragon Tail/Aqua Tail
- Roost

This picture always makes me laugh cause it looks like he is trying to grab some tits. All jokes aside this version of Dragonite is really good. With 100% accurate thunder an STAB hurricane, this guy can break down walls like nothing. I switch off between dragon tail and aqua tail whenever I feel the other one is better but I usually go with dragon tail so I can phase Pokémon. Roost is so I can try to keep my multiscale up the entire game. I am considering going with a physical set but i'm not too sure on what to do. This bulky Dragonite is very tough to take down and can dish out some serious damage too.

Conclusion

I feel this team is very solid as I have achieved a high of 1350 points on the Pokémon online server. I am just looking for some help making this team reach its full potential. I can’t think of any threats right off the bat but I’m sure some of you will and I hope you can help me out!

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Cool team. CM Virizion could give you some problems, as its +1 HP Ice OHKOes Dragonite after SR, and Tentacruel is 2HKOed by Giga Drain. From there, Virizion will probably be posioned by Tentacruel, but it can still sweep fairly easily, seeing as Jirachi can't do anything to it. Using Aerial Ace on Dugtrio is useful for taking down Virizion and Breloom, who can also sweep your team if Dragonite is asleep. I would use Aerial Ace over HP Ice as, Stone Edge nets similar damage to Dnite and Mence, while Landorus / Gliscor can be played around. Likewise, Psyshock can be used over Water Pulse on Jirachi to hit CM Virizion hard. Psyshock also allows Jirachi to take on CM Reunilcus and Latias (lacking Roar). Speaking of Jirachi, I suggest using 176 Speed EVs so you can outspeed, and hit Jolly Mamoswine, (who KOs everything on your team in 2 hits or less), with Psyshock.

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)