ORAS UU Sticky Situations (Peaked 1772- No2 on the ladder)

CBU

Banned deucer.

Hello everyone and welcome to my RMT. I decided to experiment with something different from what I usually use and hence this team was born. Now, I will admit out right that I am not experienced in the H.O. play style so this RMT has 2 purposes:
  • Showcase my team &
  • Get help from experienced HO players to improve this team as much as its possible
In my mind, a strong webs core must contain a webs setter, a spin blocker, a defog preventing/punishing mon and strong hitting mons to break through the opponents team. With that plan in mind, I came up with the following team:

The Team:

In Depth Analysis:

As I mentioned earlier every sticky web team starts and ends on a reliable sticky web setter. The choice pretty much had to be made between Galvantula, Smeargle and Shuckle. I decided to go with Galvantula, purely based on its really good speed and semi-rellevant offensive presence.

WowSlowDownDude (Galvantula) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz​

Everything on this set is self explanatory, provided it is a suicide lead webs setter. I would personally suggest keeping that thing alive even after turn 2 in case you cannot prevent the defog reliably or in case their spinner can seriously damage and/or 1vs1 Jellicent. Thunder wave is there over energy ball in case they lead with a scarfer or a really fast levitating mon that as you can see can really damage the team.

The next mon on the team is Jellicent. Its roll is to never allow the spin, prevent the slow defog and wall any form of cleric as well as cro-mons. Finally, it is the dedicated switchin to mega-Aerodactyl which can be extremely threatening otherwise to this team.

Dead Pringle (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Hex​

This spread allows Jellicent to easily switch into mega-Aerodactyl and proceed to either Will-O or Recover predicting the switch. Under webs it can outspeed any cleric and/or cro-sweeper and render them useless with the combination of Hex+Taunt+Will-O-Wisp. Even though Scald is a great move to have, I found through testing that it is more useful to dish out huge amounts of damage with Will-O-Wisp+Hex. Overall, Jellicent acts as the defensive backbone of the team, as well as a very reliable stall breaker, PROVIDED webs remain on the field.

The 3rd member of this team is my answer to fast defog, since pretty much every other form of hazard cleaning is taken care of by Jellicent. Here I decided to use Tornadus-I, which also provides a strong attacker and a form of emergency speed control outside of webs.

PrtyFly4AGreenGuy (Tornadus)
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
- Tailwind
- Knock Off​

Tornadus having that defiant ability is essentially a free +2 coming into stuff like support bat or Salamence. Knock off is there to take care of items, whereas superpower is mainly to deal with Empoleon, if they attempt to defog. I am well aware that non-prankster tailwind is a bit stupid, however its a risk i am willing to take in exchange for strong defog punishing potential and lethal +2 acrobatics.

Coming up next is Mega-Blastoise. I decided to go with that mon because under webs it becomes pretty much a murder machine plus it can take some hits with its natural bulk. Its ability to spin and provide hazard control for my team is an extremely helpful added bonus.

Donatello (Blastoise-Mega) (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin​

When people think of Mega-Blastoise I am sure that this spread isn't the first thing that comes to mind. However, it is exactly what this team needs. 208 speed helps Mega-Blastoise outspeed offensive Nidoqueen without webs, which is important because Nidoqueen is a pokemon that opponents tend to lead with against this team. Aura sphere is on this set specifically for empoleon and hydreigon to prevent the defog and kill a huge threat to the team respectively. Dark pulse is very nice to punish opposing spin blockers and other than that everything else is self-explanatory. Finally, I need to point that under webs this Blastoise spread creeps Whimsicott and can in theory kill it if it has some prior damage dealt to it(i couldn't find room for ice beam on this set unfortunatelly).

The 5th member of this team is Nidoking. Nidoking covers multiple rolls in this being being simultaneously an electric immunity, my stealth rocker and also my fairy killer.

KingOfKings (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
Everyone knows what Nidoking does. It breaks walls that are not Blissey, Vaporeon and Umbreon. The set is self explanatory for the most part. Nidoking's incredible movepool makes it capable to tear down defensive cores and with the addition of webs on the field it might even not have to predict. Webs help Nidoking outspeed mons that it either could kill but it would get severely weakened in the process or mons that it loses against simply cause it gets outsped and ohkoed (e.g. Cobalion and Krookodile respectively). Also i strongly suggest the timid nature in order to be able to outspeed base 145speed tier mons and also 80-90base speed scarfers like Gardevoir, Chandelure and Porygon-Z.

The last member of this team is the mon that acts as the glue keeping the team together, by eliminating its weaknesses. The team as of this point lacks strong physically attacking presence, priority and the ability to heavily damage fast levitating dragons(aka mainly Hydreigon). The best I could come up with is the tried and trusted nuke that is Mamoswine.

Iced Earth (Mamoswine) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Superpower​

Mamoswine's incredible offensive presence complimented by the choice band and the +1 speed boost that gets from the webs, make this thing a true weapon of mass destruction. Provided that nothing in the whole tier that isn't Rotom-H does not resist it's double stab, makes Mamoswine force the opponent to a)sac a pokemon right there or
b)switch out putting themselves in a 50-50 position.
Superpower is there purely to ohko Blissey from full and because apparently people think shuca steel types are Mamoswine counters now(both Empoleon and Cobalion are ohkoed from full). I am well aware that CB-locked Mamoswine is limited when it comes to sweeping, but keep in mind that this thing might have to eat a dark pulse from Hydreigon and kill it back (Ice shard does around 76%, so force them to switch twice in on rocks) so a life orb would make my biggest physically attacking threat kill itself in the process.

Threat List:
Possibly the biggest threat to this team from an offensive standpoint. Life orb variants aren't that big of an issue cause Tornadus outspeeds and revenges them. Choice scarfed ones are the true pain. Either way i suggest force them to switch in twice to rocks and then kill them with ice shard from Mamoswine or manage to set up a tailwind with Tornadus and outspeed them this way.

From a defensive standpoint Sableye is the most difficult mon to take down with this team. I suggest a combination of prior damage from Galvantula's thunder(this thing will always lead to taunt you) plus earth power from Nidoking and CB Ice shard from Mamoswine.

Crobat isn't as much of a threat as it is an annoyance. It is an extremely fast defogger that you cannot really punish with anything because if you go straight into Tornadus and it BraveBirds you are 2-Hit KOed. I suggest wisping with Jellicent and getting damage with burn+ hex to the point where it cannot roost stall. If you see a crobat keep Galvantula alive until bat dies AT ALL COST, because unless you catch it with an ice beam from king on the switchin it WILL get of the defog.

Useful Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-388152551 (vs SceptileMC)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-389068861 (vs PokeTCG gamer1288)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-389574721 (vs king uu)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-389937705 (vs senegal)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-390489825 (vs jey the grey)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-390380746 (vs aquadext)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-390271949 (vs sparrow)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-390836577 (vs youthberry)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-392240182 (vs stall)

Importable: http://pastebin.com/YsTjHFWn

Proof Of Laddering: https://postimg.org/image/pooy987jl/
Shoutouts: All my DTA friends for positively encouraging the team, especially you Adam :)

Thanks for you time...

Last edited:

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
The first change that comes to mind for me involves flipping some stuff around. First, Choice Band -> Life Orb on Mamoswine. Ground/Ice coverage is too amazing to be locked into one move, and this allows you to run Stealth rock over Superpower. First of all, you don't need superpower for blissey, its getting 2hkod and not doing anything back. No one is leaving blissey in anyway. This does however leave you vulnerable to shuca steels, but I think the opportunity this change opens up more than makes up for it:

Stealth rock -> Superpower or Taunt on Nidoking. Superpower lets you put a dent into Blissey and Umbreon, possibly surprising them for the KO if they have been chipped a bit, which then allows Nido to go to work. Taunt does a similar thing, but you can still lose to them, but it has outside uses as well. If you're really ballsy, I would even say you could consider running a +SpA nature on Nidoking, to take full advantage of the webz.

All around though I love the team, sticky web is a lot of fun and doesn't get enough love

edit: even if you don't like the mamo change I suggested, you should at least run Koff over spower, bronzong could be annoying for your team

CBU

Banned deucer.
The first change that comes to mind for me involves flipping some stuff around. First, Choice Band -> Life Orb on Mamoswine. Ground/Ice coverage is too amazing to be locked into one move, and this allows you to run Stealth rock over Superpower. First of all, you don't need superpower for blissey, its getting 2hkod and not doing anything back. No one is leaving blissey in anyway. This does however leave you vulnerable to shuca steels, but I think the opportunity this change opens up more than makes up for it:

Stealth rock -> Superpower or Taunt on Nidoking. Superpower lets you put a dent into Blissey and Umbreon, possibly surprising them for the KO if they have been chipped a bit, which then allows Nido to go to work. Taunt does a similar thing, but you can still lose to them, but it has outside uses as well. If you're really ballsy, I would even say you could consider running a +SpA nature on Nidoking, to take full advantage of the webz.

All around though I love the team, sticky web is a lot of fun and doesn't get enough love

edit: even if you don't like the mamo change I suggested, you should at least run Koff over spower, bronzong could be annoying for your team

The stealth rock on mamoswine is a change that i thought about myself, however i didn't pull the trigger because the life orb recoil was too much to handle sometimes.
Unfortunately enough no nidoking variant can 1vs1 bliss since superpower doesn't do enough and also no combination of 2 moves superpower+stab can break umbreon so i don't see how that helps. Finally the reason nidoking CANNOT be +spA nature is very well explained in the rmt (i lose to scarf 80s).

Comme est sta, Really interesting build especially using/choosing Jellicent over a more offensive spin block like Doublade or Chandy! It makes it more unique and after watching the replays Jellicent is definitely a key mon. However Empoleon is a key defogger in UU and its base speed stat is 60 (the same as jelli) so my advice would be to speed creep Jellicent to really wall Empoleon and stopping the potential rocks. Go Go DTA

CBU

Banned deucer.
Comme est sta, Really interesting build especially using/choosing Jellicent over a more offensive spin block like Doublade or Chandy! It makes it more unique and after watching the replays Jellicent is definitely a key mon. However Empoleon is a key defogger in UU and its base speed stat is 60 (the same as jelli) so my advice would be to speed creep Jellicent to really keep those webs up and stop the potential rocks. Go Go DTA

Probably a very solid idea...all the point behind full def jelli is me being afraid of m aero :(
Prob will change it tho

Hey man, nice team you have here! One question, why haven't you posted our battle? I still that I don't saved it, but I was using a Ttrum Offense, that's all that I can remember :p

• Your team is very weak to the common Banded Krook + Hone Claws Aero core, since without Jellicent both Aerodactyl-Mega and Krookodile are huge threats. Not to count that Galvantula isn't the best option to try to revenge kill since it is your suicide lead. So I find that using Colbur Berry Jellicent is the best way to do this. With Colbur, Jellicent will defeat Krookodile 1v1, since you can spread a Will-O-Wisp, Recover, and switch. If Krookodile clicks Pursuit, you will laugh as hell, because it will not inflict damage and you will cripple it with Will-O-Wisp, Knock Off is basically the same thing, since a Banded Krookodile will not do enough damage to 2HKO a Jellicent while Burned and without the increase of damage. With this change, you still need to sack a Pokémon to switch in Krookodile, but it is more safe. Some calcs:
First Hit: 252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Colbur Berry Jellicent: 199-235 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO
Second Hit: 252 Atk Choice Band burned Krookodile Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Jellicent: 133-157 (32.9 - 38.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO... And then you Recover!

Dead Pringle (Jellicent) (M) @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Hex

• I see no reasons to use Tailwind without Prankster, you have Sticky Web too, this simply doesn't make sense. Why don't you change it by Taunt? It will turn Tornadus into a good Wallbreaker AND Stallbreaker, what will able you to defeat dangerous stuff with more ease, like Blissey, Fat Salamence and even Sableye.

Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
- Taunt
- Knock Off

BONUS:

Anyway, not too much to change since it is a Sticky Offense. HF with the team!

CBU

Banned deucer.
Hey man, nice team you have here! One question, why haven't you posted our battle? I still that I don't saved it, but I was using a Ttrum Offense, that's all that I can remember :p

• Your team is very weak to the common Banded Krook + Hone Claws Aero core, since without Jellicent both Aerodactyl-Mega and Krookodile are huge threats. Not to count that Galvantula isn't the best option to try to revenge kill since it is your suicide lead. So I find that using Colbur Berry Jellicent is the best way to do this. With Colbur, Jellicent will defeat Krookodile 1v1, since you can spread a Will-O-Wisp, Recover, and switch. If Krookodile clicks Pursuit, you will laugh as hell, because it will not inflict damage and you will cripple it with Will-O-Wisp, Knock Off is basically the same thing, since a Banded Krookodile will not do enough damage to 2HKO a Jellicent while Burned and without the increase of damage. With this change, you still need to sack a Pokémon to switch in Krookodile, but it is more safe. Some calcs:
First Hit: 252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Colbur Berry Jellicent: 199-235 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO
Second Hit: 252 Atk Choice Band burned Krookodile Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Jellicent: 133-157 (32.9 - 38.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO... And then you Recover!

Dead Pringle (Jellicent) (M) @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Hex

• I see no reasons to use Tailwind without Prankster, you have Sticky Web too, this simply doesn't make sense. Why don't you change it by Taunt? It will turn Tornadus into a good Wallbreaker AND Stallbreaker, what will able you to defeat dangerous stuff with more ease, like Blissey, Fat Salamence and even Sableye.

Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
- Taunt
- Knock Off

BONUS:

Anyway, not too much to change since it is a Sticky Offense. HF with the team!
Thanks man a lot for your time and on point suggestions. I totally agree with that colbur and will apply it...Also lmao on ladder love and war everything is acceptable :P

So...It's time...

252+ SpA Mega Blastoise Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 261-307 (85.8 - 100.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock Goodbye
252+ SpA Mega Blastoise Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Empoleon: 99-117 (26.6 - 31.4%) -- 86.8% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery Aura Sphere ohko's from this range with rocks up
252+ SpA Mega Blastoise Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 150-177 (46.1 - 54.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock Fuck prediction, hit the button

To ease that crobat MU I would consider adamant LO mamo while swapping superpower and rocks between mamo and nidoking (less swapping about overall stay in click kill)

You could swap stoise to spout/sphere/hydro or Dpulse/spin and remove a lot of the "prediction" of dealing with hydrie/sab/empoleon/etc

Knock has always felt super useless on torn to me x.x, you can pretty freely run taunt over it.

Reactions: CBU
Just finished recording with this team n_n
One potential switch I'd make is changing tailwind on torn to heatwave. I just never found myself using tailwind at all, and every time forre switched in they ended up either getting free hazards or volting on my jelly switch.
Fun fun team tho n_n

CBU

Banned deucer.
Just finished recording with this team n_n
One potential switch I'd make is changing tailwind on torn to heatwave. I just never found myself using tailwind at all, and every time forre switched in they ended up either getting free hazards or volting on my jelly switch.
Fun fun team tho n_n
Thanks for using my team. Especially with mence now gone and hydra being the main dragon the team def needs some modifications. I totally agree with heat wave on torn as an alternative, since tailwind is just for emergency speed control rare situations. Thanks again :)

Reactions: DMT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)