XY OU Standard dot Offense - with MediSharp Core

Heyo, I'm back with my second RMT. This is a team I've been having some fun with recently. This team came about because Scarf Lando-T and Mega Manectric are everywhere, and they're super annoying. Bisharp is a nice mon to take them on, and I wanted to try out the MediSharp core from the Victory Road Forum.

I managed to get onto the ladder recently, which is cool. My GXE isn't the greatest though.

This team is really colourful :D
---​

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

Garchomp is my Hazard Setter. I decided to go with the Lum Berry Swords Dance Lead so that I could use Garchomp to take on annoying mons like Rotom-W and Mew. SD is also useful for wallbreaking against teams that give Garchomp time to setup. Garchomp is also very useful for hitting Pokemon that I need damage on, like Azumarill, since I usually lead with either it or Lando-T. I'm considering Lead Terrak in this slot. I'd miss SD though.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Bisharp helps to keep my rocks up and can also take on Psychic types that give Medicham trouble. It's also nice for harassing any team using the annoying Double Intimidate Core. At +1 Sucker Punch OHKOs Mega Manectric and is a guaranteed OHKO on Scarf Landorus-T after two Stealth Rock switch ins. Originally this was Adamant with Swords Dance, but I realized that my team was weak to opposing Bisharp so I changed Bisharp's nature to Jolly and gave it Low Kick. Low Kick can also be useful against mons like Ferrothorn, since it has a chance to 2HKO Ferro, unlike Knock Off.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- ThunderPunch

Mega Medicham is the wallbreaker for the team. It pairs really well with the Raikou-Lando Volt-Torn core which helps it get into the battle. I decided to go with an Adamant nature for that disgusting 656 Attack stat. The EV spread is one I took from AM's Hyper Offense team, 240 speed allows Medicham to out speed Pinsir before it Mega Evolves as well as anything slower than it. ThunderPunch is mostly for Azumarill, a big threat to the team, although it can hit Gyarados as well, with an Adamant nature it's a guaranteed OHKO after rocks.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- U-turn

Landorus-T is a very nice revenge killer and it can be used to take on Mega Pinsir and Charizard X. Lando-T is also helpful for getting Medicham into the battle. Superpower allows Lando-T to take care of Mega Gyarados. Jolly nature with 220 speed EVs allows Lando-T to out speed Adamant Charizard X while being slower than opposing Scarf Landorus-T's that run max speed. This allows me to have the slower U-turn.

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Raikou is the glue of the team, it checks threatening pokemon like Greninja and Thundurus and it's also used as a check to Bird Spam. It also forms a nice little Volt-Turn core with Landorus-T. The speed EVs allow Raikou to out speed Thundurus with the rest put into Special Defense to take hits better. I used to have Extrasensory over Shadow Ball, but Mega Venusaur isn't really a problem for this team and Shadow Ball hits more things for neutral damage.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Latios was the last mon added to the team. It provides a nice water resist and can check Keldeo, which the team appreciates. It's also another special attacker which is nice because the team is pretty physical. HP fire is to hit Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, two mons that can be troublesome. In the last slot is Defog. Defog is useful for Raikou in particular, who needs to be kept healthy and can be easily worn down by rocks.

---​

Threats:

Azumarill: Everything on this team is KO'd by Play Rough or Play Rough + Aqua Jet. The only good thing is that everything on my team can 2HKO Azumarill on the switch in provided they use the right move. So if I can get damage on it, it becomes less threatening.

Mamoswine: This thing is a huge threat, it hits everything on the team hard and it has Ice Shard to take a chunk out of anything trying to revenge kill it. Bisharp and Medicham are usually my best ways of dealing with this thing.

Weavile: Pretty much the same deal as Mamo except it out speeds everything on my team except Landorus-T, who doesn't like Ice Shard.

Rain: I don't know if I should count this as a threat, since it's a playstyle, but Rain completely destroys this team. Specs Hydro Pump annihilates everything except Raikou and Latios who are both 2HKO'd anyway. Fake Out from Medicham is useful for stalling out Rain turns.

Importable:
Here's the importable, if anyone wants to test the team out.
Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- ThunderPunch

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- U-turn

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Last edited:

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
This is a really cool offensive team that covers most of the top threats in the current metagame. As you mentioned yourself, Azumarill and Mamoswine are major problems, as well as Mega Gardevoir, which get a kill every time it comes in. While patching up these weaknesses isn't too hard, none of your pokes stand out as replaceable. But becuase such common threats are huge problems to the team, I think fitting Ferrothorn over Garchomp would be beneficial for the teams' performance. Ferrothorn almost singlehandedly counters all the pokes you mentinoed in your threat list, as well as being a consistent SR setter that most Defoggers hate to switch into. In my opinion Latios is a really poke to your team, as it glues up a lot of weaknesses that are otherwise glaring. Becuase of that, I think it would be smart to increase it's longelivety. Thus, I suggest running Roost over HP Fire or Psyshock on Latios. Getting rid of Psyshock means you cannot take on Mega Venusaur and Azumarill to the same extent, while taking away HP Fire leaves you vunerable to Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. I honestly think changing Psyshock, and putting Extrasensory over Shadow Ball on Raikou. This lets Raikou 2HKO offensive Mega Venusaur after some damage from hazards. Another option is going with Surf on Latios for the likes on Heatran and Gliscor, but I think you're better off with Psyshock of HP Fire.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect / Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock / Hidden Power [Fire] / Surf
- Roost
- Defog

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Extrasensory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)