Stall in Lc, what? (stall)

hey guys Liquidocelot here and welcome to my first Lc rmt. Now the reason i decided to make a stall team is because Lc is really offensively orientated right now and i thought that was boring plus theres so many good defensive threats i thought it would be worth it. Now on with the team.

stall bitches (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
Level: 5
EVs: 36 Atk / 236 Def / 236 SDef
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
Ah vullaby how i love your bulkiness. i wanted a bulky defogger that wasnt named gligar so i decided putting vullaby and it has made all the difference. knock off is there because it makes vullaby a great utility poke and will often help out with other stall teams and berry smashers. roost is reliable recovery so i can stall out the best of pokemon and u-turn is there so i can get out freely into another wall and completes a volt turn combo with chinchou (yes volt turn stall sue me) and defog is there because i hate hazards on this team and there ability to weaken my team severly.

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 212 Def / 68 SAtk / 228 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell
chinchou is here because i needed a bulky water type that could cover electric types and i needed a cleric that could come in easily and threaten out many threats while still being very bulky. volt switch is there to complete the volt turn combo with vullaby and to give me momentum and a easy switch into the appropriate wall. thunder wave is there for everything toxic spikes does not cover and can help slow down some offensive threats this team struggles with. ice beam is for a gligar switch and for bulky grass tpes looking for a free switch. heal bell is there to provide this team with a essential cleric as i hate toxic on toxic battles and burn battles.

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 236 Def / 196 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Zen Headbutt
my man slowpoke is here because i love regenerator and i hate fighting types. also he is a secondary counter to gligar and walls a huge portion of the physical metagame. scald is there for a burn when i either don't have t-spikes up or they switch in an physically offensive steel/poison type and is very useful against gligar. slack off is reliable recovery while toxic s for levitating or flying types that t-spikes wont hit. and zen headbutt is for those pesky fighting types that will destroy my entire team and i love hitting a switching in mienfoo trying to use the fake out/knockoff and u-turn combo. Slowpoke also completes a defensive regenerator core with foongus.

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Def / 36 SAtk / 236 SDef
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
foongus foongus foongus what can you say about foongus other then he is really awesome. this guy is the second part to my regenerator core and also hard walls many fighting types in the tier. clear smog tis there for set us sweepers such as calm mind swirlix or dragon dance scraggy. spore s obviously there to put a vital threat to sleep and to buy me time to get into another wall/set up t-spikes. stun spore is another paralyzation moves and works similar to chinchous t-wave and its there for when i use my spore and sleep clause as activated. giga drain is there as a stab move but mainly to give me some form of healing besides regenerator.

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 116 Atk / 196 Def / 196 SDef
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
porygon is my essential special wall and works similar to slowpoke for physical attackers. he will often either toxic them then recover in there face all day long or he will attck them with tri attack. recover is obviously there for healing and to help him wall the crap out of anything remotely specially offensive. toxic is there to hit levitators that t-spikes dont and it goes real well with recover allowing me to stall many threats out. tri attack is there for stab and to give him some offensive presence while ice beam is there for coverage and to help out against gligar (i really hate gligar)

Koffing @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 236 SDef
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split
- Fire Blast
koffing here is essential to the team as it provides two things i need 1. entry hazards aka toxic spikes and 2. another fighting resist. (see above gligar point and apply it to fighting types instead)
sludge bomb is there as a stab move so he is not useless offensively and so i can hit fairys hard. toxic spikes which is the crux of this entire team is there to help stall out against another team and deas passive damage to them that i can stall out. pain split is there for some form of recovery and with t-spikes can often help me win stall wars. fire blast is there to take out steel types that normally wall this set.

Threat list

Gligar
Like i said i hate gligar and no matter how many checks i have to hit it still screws me over especially the berry juice acro set which can outspeed and ko chinchou with eq and severly weaken the team with acro+eq+u-turn.

mienfoo
this thing destros my entire team with its u-turn + knock off shenanigans and ofen gets so much momentum that its hard to stop.

Overall believe it to be a solid Lc stall team (or at least as solid as stall can be right now)
and would love to hear your suggestions/feedback also i need a good stealth rocker... bye

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
omg i love your mienfoo gif

Some changes:

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP /236 Def / 36 SpA / 196 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Zen Headbutt Psychic

Increasing SpA powers up Psychic and Scald, not just Zen Headbutt. Slowpoke appreciates the increased accuracy, and the flinch chance cannot be taken advantage of.

You have 2 poison types. I'd remove Koffing and go with physically defensive Larvesta in its place. It can burn physical attackers, has Morning Sun for recovery, and a U-turn slower than Mienfoo's if no speed investment.

Otherwise, good work!

omg i love your mienfoo gif

Some changes:

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP /236 Def / 36 SpA / 196 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Zen Headbutt Psychic

Increasing SpA powers up Psychic and Scald, not just Zen Headbutt. Slowpoke appreciates the increased accuracy, and the flinch chance cannot be taken advantage of.

You have 2 poison types. I'd remove Koffing and go with physically defensive Larvesta in its place. It can burn physical attackers, has Morning Sun for recovery, and a U-turn slower than Mienfoo's if no speed investment.

Otherwise, good work!
Ill definitely take the slowpoke suggestion but i cant replace koffing or i lose both a crucial fighting resist a phys wall and my only form of entry hazards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)