Stall #1: A study in purple and white

Hi all,

I'm getting pretty bored with this team I made (current rank: 6, 1345), so I'll post it to give all my valuable insight to all of you. Yet another of my genius stall teams!

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def
Nature: Calm
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Toxic
The single best wall of any metagame of any generation I remember (i.e., since Gen 2). The rest of the team is just there to help Chansey wall the few things that it can't. Aromatherapy allows me to wave off status conditions, very helpful.

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack
Nature: Adamant
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch/Roar
- Extremespeed
- Morning Sun
Initially added as a check against Victinis of all sorts, but has proved his usefulness everywhere. Extremespeed coming off a decent attack is nice for killing offensive Pokemon that are otherwise unwallable. He's the main firepower in this team.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense
Nature: Careful
- Will-o-wisp
- Night Shade
- Pain Split
- Curse
Standard Dusclops stuff. Curse is like Perish Song, a nice way to force out things and win games with last Pokemon set ups like Crocune. It has also a great synergy with Pain Split.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
Rapid Spin/Stealth Rock, and is nice to wall the rock and dark attacks that hurt the rest of the non-Chanseys.

Spiritomb @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack
Nature: Adamant
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Curse
- Trick
Added in to beat Mismagius/the big one-eyed Clefable. Trick stops greedy set-ups, and Shadow Sneak gets many KOs. Sucker Punch is useful to OHKO many things that Shadow Sneak misses like Victini. I find it's always helpful to have one Pokemon that can absorb opposing tricks as well. It's not a very good wall with those EVs, but it can take some weaker hits and KO back with the priority moves.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Mirror
Nature: Careful
- Night Shade
- Wish/Roost
- Protect/Rain Dance
- Toxic
I like Wish/Protect now for all the usual reasons but Roost/Rain Dance are OK also, allowing you to change the weather after opponent's set up man is dead. Xatu is the key to beat other stall teams with guys like Deo-D, Hippopotas, Registeel, as well as random status/taunts. It's decent to absorb some attacks once in a while, but I don't count on it. I use it as sacrifice in the games (roughly half) where Magic Mirror is not crucial. I have lots of battles against Roserade with him. I switch him in to Roserades immediately after I see them. If lucky I get a Spikes/Tspikes/Sleep Powder. Then switch to Chansey. Then switch back to Xatu. Then stick with Chansey until Roserade is dead. It's a little tricky but still effective.

Hail teams with Nidoqueen are difficult to beat, since it can basically set up on me with impunity. Good thing I didn't meet that many of those. Other difficult things: Staraptor and Mamoswine sometimes require a sacrifice, Bisharp is annoying, and all those Poisons with Giga Drain can be tough on Chansey. Other than that, its easy to see how to deal with all the individual threats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)