Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
The voting phase is over! These are the votes:
D>C>A>B>E
B>A=C=D=E
B>C>A>D>E
D>A=B=E
E>B>C>D>A
B>A>C>D>E
B>C>E>A>D
If we input this here, the winner is team B by Baloor!
Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 24: Galarian Moltres

Galarian Moltres is a strong pick on offensive teams, functioning as a setup sweeper and wallbreaker that also acts as a Spectrier check.
You have one week to submit a team featuring Galarian Moltres. Good luck!​

C1BA0043-E263-4654-8E3B-04C596752228.png
3185194B-90E5-45C6-8597-544299035B30.png
A5EB19EB-3EC6-470F-BFF9-ACEAA1D55BEA.png
43F722A5-3981-4741-9C86-9EE8B1FB79AC.png
C2D902FA-0CE6-47F9-AD65-2A19DE762EFE.png
8FD6BDAC-3965-4306-A8E9-9DEFD497F6AB.png

Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 240 HP / 48 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Wrath
- Nasty Plot
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Body Press
- Iron Defense

Clefable @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Scald

Goltres Semistall

I wanted to take a different approach with Moltres-G, so I went with a resttalk set meant to act as a long term answer to Spectrier, Pult, Glowking, Reuniclus, and acts as the team’s wincon in a similar way to CM Suicune or Volc. Evs placed to allow Goltres to 2HKO Pex after a NP and outspeed Zapdos. The rest of the team is pretty standard semistall stuff. Tspikes meant to stop Unaware Clef from insta winning vs Goltres, and Glowking to pressure fairies and spread status to help Goltres sweep lategame. Hippo to stop Koko, Zapdos, Dracozolt from heaviy crippling the team. Corv is there to remove hazards and block out the SD grounds, Rilla, and Kartana. Clef to answer to Lucha, Volc, and other common HO staples.

Katy

Banned deucer.
gravity-lando-t and nasty plot + u-turn gmoltres offense

:garchomp: :landorus-therian: :moltres-galar: :dragapult: :cinderace: :primarina:
Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Gravity

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Fiery Wrath
- U-turn

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Gunk Shot

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 40 SpA / 44 SpD / 176 Spe
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Moonblast
description: this team is built around galarian moltres with the inclusion of stealth rocks offensive garchomp and gravity landorus-t for corviknight, skarmory, and to help out with the accuracy of low accurate moves like thunder wave, pyro ball, high jump kick, and gunk shot. g-moltres is a late-game cleaner and has nasty plot, air slash, fiery wrath and u-turn in its arsenal. dragapult has thunder wave in its moveset to slow down the opposition and hex to break through statused threats. cinderace has the 4 attacks set with pyro ball, u-turn, high jump kick, and gunk shot to threaten checks with a poison. primarina is the last member on this squad and is sub + cm with scald and moonblast as its stabs and can threaten a burn with the former which helps out hex-dragapult as well.

Last edited:

Is He Even Trying Anymore:
I really wanted to enter this TBC for some reason, even though I'm really not big on Goltres at all, but when I was trying to build a Screens HO with it (which is what I think it's far and away best on, if on anything) I just couldn't build anything I was actually happy with. After consulting some mates the first thing I got back was 'gtres huh, haxes everything'; I thought that was fair enough, so I threw this together and called it a day. They kind of cover each others checks, they kind of overwhelm annoying mons and cores for each other, there's kind of a surface level synergy here, but this was really just built with minimal care and attention. It's not even that colourful. Enjoy.
Druddigon (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Glare

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Break
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Garchomp (M) @ King's Rock
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Slowbro-Galar (M) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Cloyster (M) @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

Moltres-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Fiery Wrath
- Nasty Plot
- Agility

Double Dance G-Moltres Dual Screen HO
:ss/Moltres-Galar: :ss/Magearna: :ss/Regieleki: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/spectrier:
Description:
The team is very simple to use, Lando-T is almost always preferred in lead thanks to the possibility of setting the hazards and conferring momentum with Explosion. Like all HO styles it needs a minimum of support that I wanted to give with the screens. Regieleki is also great as a spinner in case there should be Spikes or T-Spikes also the spread is used to outspeed Kingdra in rain. I thought of two heavy wallbreakers like Garchomp and Magearna who can clean easily with their boosts.
The bulk of G-Moltres allows you to perform better double dance in endgame.
Moreover makes you lose out on having more safety on Rillaboom and Kartana. Full speed is necessary to outspeed the increasingly used Adamant SD Rillaboom.
Finally, Spectrier is excellent thanks to its bulk + Disable to win every 1vs1 against Hydreigon and Mandibuzz with screens and tank the possible opposing Dragapult and Spectrier after making a cm at +1.

>>> The Team <<<​

Last edited:

(click above for import)

I'll try not to go into too much detail, but I built this team around the idea of pairing Galarian Moltres with something that's able to consistently pressure Heatran. There were various options to choose from, but I decided that SD Rillaboom was the best option here; not only does it give you a solid matchup against Rain and Offence, but it also enables you to run Hawlucha without losing anything. Hawlucha is really synergistic with Rillaboom, Cinderace, and Moltres, considering how the other slots are able to weaken or remove the majority of its defensive checks, but it also provided a secondary win condition to use against opposing HO. The EVs allow you to avoid the OHKO from Clefable's Moonblast, while also outspeeding Excadrill in Sand. Electro Ball Cinderace is pretty cool, mostly because you're able to weaken Toxapex and Slowbro enough for Hawlucha to break, but it also gives the team a secondary option to force Kartana and Garchomp out.

As for the utility slots, I opted for Grimmsnarl over Regieleki as it just offers a lot more utility; unlike Regieleki, you're able to defensively check a small handful of annoying mons - particularly Dragapult - and actually enables a lot more opportunities for setup through Taunt and Spirit Break. While you do miss out of hazard control, you do have Excadrill to compensate. The EVs allow you to survive a handful of moves behind screens: the defence lets you survive a banded Rillaboom Wood Hammer or an Adamant Cinderace Gunk Shot, while the special defence stops Timid Nidoking from OHKOing you after a round of Rocks damage. e: you also outspeed and 2hko Mandi with Spirit Break

Last edited:

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Sorry for the big delay! This kinda slipped my mind since I've been fairly busy lately.
Anyway, it's time to vote!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. Additionally, don't vote for your own submission. If you have any questions, by all means, contact me.

And remember, you may vote for as many or as little teams as you want!

Team A by 658Greninja
View attachment 311472View attachment 311473View attachment 311474View attachment 311475View attachment 311476View attachment 311477
EVs: 240 HP / 48 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Wrath
- Nasty Plot
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Body Press
- Iron Defense

Clefable @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Scald

Goltres Semistall

I wanted to take a different approach with Moltres-G, so I went with a resttalk set meant to act as a long term answer to Spectrier, Pult, Glowking, Reuniclus, and acts as the team’s wincon in a similar way to CM Suicune or Volc. Evs placed to allow Goltres to 2HKO Pex after a NP and outspeed Zapdos. The rest of the team is pretty standard semistall stuff. Tspikes meant to stop Unaware Clef from insta winning vs Goltres, and Glowking to pressure fairies and spread status to help Goltres sweep lategame. Hippo to stop Koko, Zapdos, Dracozolt from heaviy crippling the team. Corv is there to remove hazards and block out the SD grounds, Rilla, and Kartana. Clef to answer to Lucha, Volc, and other common HO staples.
Team B by Katy
gravity-lando-t and nasty plot + u-turn gmoltres offense

:garchomp: :landorus-therian: :moltres-galar: :dragapult: :cinderace: :primarina:
Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Gravity

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Fiery Wrath
- U-turn

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Gunk Shot

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 40 SpA / 44 SpD / 176 Spe
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Moonblast
description: this team is built around galarian moltres with the inclusion of stealth rocks offensive garchomp and gravity landorus-t for corviknight, skarmory, and to help out with the accuracy of low accurate moves like thunder wave, pyro ball, high jump kick, and gunk shot. g-moltres is a late-game cleaner and has nasty plot, air slash, fiery wrath and u-turn in its arsenal. dragapult has thunder wave in its moveset to slow down the opposition and hex to break through statused threats. cinderace has the 4 attacks set with pyro ball, u-turn, high jump kick, and gunk shot to threaten checks with a poison. primarina is the last member on this squad and is sub + cm with scald and moonblast as its stabs and can threaten a burn with the former which helps out hex-dragapult as well.
Team C by Tapeworm

Is He Even Trying Anymore:
I really wanted to enter this TBC for some reason, even though I'm really not big on Goltres at all, but when I was trying to build a Screens HO with it (which is what I think it's far and away best on, if on anything) I just couldn't build anything I was actually happy with. After consulting some mates the first thing I got back was 'gtres huh, haxes everything'; I thought that was fair enough, so I threw this together and called it a day. They kind of cover each others checks, they kind of overwhelm annoying mons and cores for each other, there's kind of a surface level synergy here, but this was really just built with minimal care and attention. It's not even that colourful. Enjoy.
Druddigon (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Glare

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Break
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Garchomp (M) @ King's Rock
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Slowbro-Galar (M) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Cloyster (M) @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

Moltres-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Fiery Wrath
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
Team D by StepC
Double Dance G-Moltres Dual Screen HO
:ss/Moltres-Galar: :ss/Magearna: :ss/Regieleki: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/spectrier:
Description:
The team is very simple to use, Lando-T is almost always preferred in lead thanks to the possibility of setting the hazards and conferring momentum with Explosion. Like all HO styles it needs a minimum of support that I wanted to give with the screens. Regieleki is also great as a spinner in case there should be Spikes or T-Spikes also the spread is used to outspeed Kingdra in rain. I thought of two heavy wallbreakers like Garchomp and Magearna who can clean easily with their boosts.
The bulk of G-Moltres allows you to perform better double dance in endgame.
Moreover makes you lose out on having more safety on Rillaboom and Kartana. Full speed is necessary to outspeed the increasingly used Adamant SD Rillaboom.
Finally, Spectrier is excellent thanks to its bulk + Disable to win every 1vs1 against Hydreigon and Mandibuzz with screens and tank the possible opposing Dragapult and Spectrier after making a cm at +1.

>>> The Team <<<​
Team E by curiosity

(click above for import)

I'll try not to go into too much detail, but I built this team around the idea of pairing Galarian Moltres with something that's able to consistently pressure Heatran. There were various options to choose from, but I decided that SD Rillaboom was the best option here; not only does it give you a solid matchup against Rain and Offence, but it also enables you to run Hawlucha without losing anything. Hawlucha is really synergistic with Rillaboom, Cinderace, and Moltres, considering how the other slots are able to weaken or remove the majority of its defensive checks, but it also provided a secondary win condition to use against opposing HO. The EVs allow you to avoid the OHKO from Clefable's Moonblast, while also outspeeding Excadrill in Sand. Electro Ball Cinderace is pretty cool, mostly because you're able to weaken Toxapex and Slowbro enough for Hawlucha to break, but it also gives the team a secondary option to force Kartana and Garchomp out.

As for the utility slots, I opted for Grimmsnarl over Regieleki as it just offers a lot more utility; unlike Regieleki, you're able to defensively check a small handful of annoying mons - particularly Dragapult - and actually enables a lot more opportunities for setup through Taunt and Spirit Break. While you do miss out of hazard control, you do have Excadrill to compensate. The EVs allow you to survive a handful of moves behind screens: the defence lets you survive a banded Rillaboom Wood Hammer or an Adamant Cinderace Gunk Shot, while the special defence stops Timid Nidoking from OHKOing you after a round of Rocks damage. e: you also outspeed and 2hko Mandi with Spirit Break
You have 2 days to vote.

Ruft

OU Leader
The voting phase is over! These are the votes:
B>A=C=D=E
D>E>B>C>A
D>E>A=B=C
D>E>A=B=C
D>E>B>C>A
D>E>B>A=C
B>E>C>A
D>B>E>A=C
E>A=B=D
D=E>B>A=C
If we input this here, the winner is team D by StepC!
Congratulations! Your submission will be added to the archive.

Week 25: Reuniclus

Reuniclus benefitted a lot from Urshifu-S and Spectrier being banned, making it now a solid pick for a late-game wincon.
You have one week to submit a team featuring Reuniclus. Good luck!​

Katy

Banned deucer.
reuniclus + toxic spikes toxapex + healing wish latias balance
:reuniclus: :blissey: :toxapex: :latias: :corviknight: :garchomp:
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Focus Blast

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Teleport

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Healing Wish
- Roost

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Scale Shot
description: this team is built around calm mind reuniclus with recover, psyshock and focus blast, psyshock hits blissey and galarian slowking harder than psychic does. coupled with magic guard and life orb it can be a deadly late-game cleaner. its other teammate is blissey to have a switch into strong special attackers such as nidoking, tapu koko, and dragapult. its moveset is stealth rocks and teleport to support reuniclus and its other teamate garchomp to bring them in safely. toxapex rounds the core up with rocky helmet to punish cinderace with u-turn; it has recover, knock off and toxic spikes, toxic spikes are a nice tool to help reuniclus in the late-game aspect and to wear down the opposing team properly with it and blisseys stealth rocks. latias has healing wish to help reuniclus and garchomp. corviknight checks tapu lele which is really threatening to that team and has iron head to threaten it whereas garchomp acts also like a nice late-game cleaner with the team spreaing hazards and slowly whittling down the opposing team over the course of the game.

EA0D403A-91CB-4A8A-8E91-FEE0B9BC4FC4.png
E0926832-5182-4B88-AE72-88F5C57FB376.png
15105FA2-88D7-4C08-8221-2367D2736ECA.png
7AD157B8-8433-4F92-A1EB-E7D6E8E0FD59.png
DE3212B7-06B3-4FA3-A042-84E806F2D107.png
7014DB70-F873-47BD-8FD0-5B0E074B1B44.png

https://pokepast.es/eac69b92c92e110d

Dual Magic Guard Reuniclus Balance

The team revolves around the two fat blobs with Magic Guard. Reun and Clef go ham and ham. Reuniclus provides the team with a solid wincon, Clef is our Pult, Hydrei check and cleric. Tran is the rocker, SG Mag check, and breaker. Pult is for checking Ace, Hydrei, NP Torn, and SD Chomp. I wanted a volt switch immunity but I didn’t want to be weak to rain, so I went with Gastro which doubles as a Specs Mag check, among other special attackers in the tier. Corv is the defogger meant to deal with Kart, Drill, Rilla, Chomp, and Lando. The main goal is to wear stuff down with status, rocks, and Tran trapping shenanigans, then letting Reuniclus sweep late game.

IPF

sundown
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
:reuniclus::toxapex::magnezone::skarmory::tyranitar::excadrill:

Team I built a few months ago but takes advantage of current metagame trends pretty well imo, double dance Reuniclus gives you great matchup against teams that rely on U-turning around to chip it down and eventually kill it, and also benefits greatly from several teams dropping dark types now that Spectrier has been banned. Stored Power allows you to break stall once the dark has been removed at the expense of losing to Toxapex 1v1, up to you. Magnezone removes Skarmory which would otherwise whirlwind reuni out, which also synergises well with the Tyranitar+Excadrill combination. Excadrill runs Toxic for mons like Mandibuzz but can also function as a wincon with the opposing steel removed, Toxapex is TSpikes which aids with the HO matchup while also hitting Tapu Fini (CM Taunt 6-0s otherwise).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)