Spore creature creator partial leak

I had a go with it. It's amazing what some people have created with it so far with so few parts available.

I've found it to be very glitchy, though, and I wonder how deep the actually game will be.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I mucked with this. Dam, rendering skin patterns takes forever, there's a few minor clipping issues when you put horns and the likes near the more slender hands and the parts available are pitifully small but it's still good fun and hopefully most of this will be fixed by the final release.

You know there are multiple official downloads of it now?

But hell, i wouldn't know, my PC cant friggen run it :(

It's available for download now everywhere. I'm hoping 512 RAM cuts it to run the game on my current Mac :(.

EDIT: Nevermind, I do have the full 1024 MB in RAM required :D. I can't wait for the full game in September.

I made my favorite Pokemon on spore!

The first picture is a rough draft, then the rest are my final versions only with the demo game though. I didn't have access to actually paint it completely how I wanted to.

I was playing around with it earlier, it's pretty cool.

I was kind of hoping you could paint specific parts of the creature instead of just the whole thing though. I've also had a couple weird graphical glitches but hopefully those will be worked out when it's released.

for some reason the game won't open for me. The download was fine, but when i run the program it will show the white screen with EA and then just cut off.

is anybody else having this problem, or do you know whats wrong and how to fix it?

I had that problem. What worked for me, is checking my running appliances, then closing all the ones I wasnt using. (CTRL ALT DELETE) to check that.
Then restart your computer, and after you begin using spore, go on options, then settings, and play in window mode with the graphics on medium, and the shading on low.

That way you can run stuff while playing it with less problems.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
for some reason the game won't open for me. The download was fine, but when i run the program it will show the white screen with EA and then just cut off.

is anybody else having this problem, or do you know whats wrong and how to fix it?
When I got my download it was not as a .exe for some reason. Try adding that onto the end of the file name and see if it works.

I had that problem. What worked for me, is checking my running appliances, then closing all the ones I wasnt using. (CTRL ALT DELETE) to check that.
Then restart your computer, and after you begin using spore, go on options, then settings, and play in window mode with the graphics on medium, and the shading on low.

That way you can run stuff while playing it with less problems.
Thanks. I've finally got it to work.

Has anyone gotten it to run on a standard MacBook? A friend keeps telling me it wont run even if I get Leopard onto it, due to my current graphics card. Is that true? Can anyone help me out with this?

It won't run on the older Macbooks because EA are lazy. If you have a "newer" one with the X3100 it'll work.
It'll run on the Mac Minis with the aid of a small hack (editing a file through text-edit) which have the same graphical processing.

This sounds so much fun, I found a really good Houndoom and Charizard on Youtube. There was even Drifloon and Electrode, and although Exeggutor didn't look accurate it was funny as hell. Downloading right now.

Shupo - The MAC download has been up since the beginning.

Vidd - Dam I have a GMA 950, no point in trying to get Leopard then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)