ORAS UU Something just isn't right...

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm new to actually battling, but I've watched replays and high tier youtubers for a while so I thought I'd mess around a little bit and create a team, but something just isn't right about it. It seems to either dominate a match, or get destroyed. Curious to see what you guys think.

As far as the team making process goes, it started off with my favorite, Cobalion, and just went through a system of checks from there. Cobalion is weak to fire, fighting, and ground, and Feraligatr takes care of two of those. Fighting is taken care of through Cresselia. Feraligatr is weak to electric, which validates Krookodile, and his grass weakness (especially someone like Chesnaught) is handled through Tornadus. Finally, Beedrill eliminates fairies like florges and set-up slurpuff.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run/Knock off
- U-turn

M-Beedrill standard set. I did have knock off before drill run, but drill has served better against steels and fires. Plus, krook has it too and I feel it works better on him. The one dark type beedrill hates most is Absol, sucker punch is always an ohko it seems.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

I don't usually like set up gatrs, because they are so common, people tend to switch out to take it out quick, and I usually prefer to hit it hard with something on the switch to throw them off balance and then hard switch to counter theirs. I tried sd and dd, but I kept getting hit with status conditions and rendering it useless.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Scarf krook outspeeds a lot, and people don't seem to predict it too often, I think they believe its my rock setter so they try to switch or set up. I did have pursuit on there at one point but knock off was just better since it hits hard and gets rid of items.

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

I looove magnet rise cobalion. I've frustrated so many people who try to EQ or the nido's earth power. Now, i have stealth rock on there now, but I've also used swords dance there to great effect. SR is obviously great to discourage switches and break sashes. Nothing has been better than switching in a dark hit, getting the attack boost, magnet rising on the ground switch in, then setting up rocks on whatever they bring in next. Iron head and CC are standard, and lum is for burns that he seems to attract.

Cresselia @ Flame Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Trick
- Psyshock

OR

- Psycho Shift
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Psyshock

The first set offers some coverage, some healing, and I get to pawn off a burn on some unlucky physical hitter and typically get something like lefties or life orb back, neither of which offends me. The second set is much more interesting, since I can burn at the end of my turn, the burn reactivates, then burn what they switch in, or if I know they have a heal bell/aromatherapy user, rest and try to shift the sleep over with sleep talk. Very frustrating set, but limited offensively.

Tornadus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Taunt/Torment
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics

Bulk up tornadus is awesome. Priority taunt stops healer/set up/hazard mons, and bulk up allows me to build up for the eventual acrobatics, once they hit me below half and my SB activates. Finally, if i know he's going out, tailwind sets up for whoever I bring in next, and a double speed gatr is ridiculous (also it allows me to bluff scarf krook). I've occasionally ran torment as well to force choice users to switch, that's been fun.

So overall, it's a very offensive set, but I know some of it's problems. For one, no defoggers or spinners, so rocks kill me (especially beedrill and tornadus) as does multiple spike layers. I haven't had consistent threats, but I haven't gotten that far in the ladder anyways. It seems my losses always come down to over-predicting, or to weird sets (in my last game, cobalion went down to a fire blast absol...)

Lastly, I do just want to say I play to have fun, and I try to avoid stall as much as possible (no wish/protectors). But I'll appreciate anything you guys have.

You're a bit resist light for offense and the team has some synergy issues (example: I have no idea why Mbee is here without volturn support)

Swap krook to Pursuit/rocks/knock/EQ @ blackglasses

swap cobal to lum SD rise.

Sky plate crobat is a necessary resist and , U turn user and defog bringer so swap torn for it (you're not fully abusing tailwind atm)

SD/Jet/Crunch/Waterfall gatr can be a coll guy for ya.

EQ Curselax over cress can round out the changes by giving the team a semi reliable fire soak

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Sup man, cool looking team. Bulk Up Tornadus is a really cool set, but I'm not really sure it fits on this team, especially since you're missing a hazard remover. But anyway, I'd like to recommend a couple of things that would help out.

• So first off, I'd like to fix the lack of hazard removal. I'd like to recommend Salamence over Tornadus. Special Salamence has become a really popular set lately, due to the unexpectedness and effectiveness of it. It provides you with a nice defogger (especially with Mega Bee on the team) as well as a special attacking presence and reliable fighting check with Intimidate. Here's the set I'd like to recommend for this team

Salamence @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Roost
    - Defog

• The next thing I noticed was that this team really lacked a Fire switch in or a Draco Meteor switch-in, which really hurt the team. So the next thing I'd like to recommend is using Snorlax over Cresselia. Cresselia I think wasn't doing much in the first place due to its kind of gimmicky set, so I really feel like Snorlax will have a much better performance output. Here's the set I'd like to recommend, it's essentially just standard Curselax.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Curse
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk/Earthquake
    - Body Slam
  • Next, I'd like to mess around with the sets a bit. On Krookodile, I'd like to recommend using a support Stealth Rock set on Krookodile. Scarf Krookodile isn't very effective due to the power decrease with the lack of Dread Plate or Earth Plate and its lack of Intimidate as well, which is really helpful at times. Here's the set change.

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Pursuit
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
  • My last recommendation is just SD > Stealth Rocks on Cobalion. This helps you deal with a number of threats such as a setting up Curselax or even P2, which are always annoying. Also since you already have Stealth Rocks on Krookodile, you don't really need it anymore
But anyway, I hope you consider my recommendations and good luck with your offensive team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)