Some interesting Heracross numbers

I cooked these up out of personal interest, and well I thought they might be worth posting.

I run Life Orb Heracross, the ability to hit most things at SE or at least neutral coupled with a bit of burn/toxic absorbing results in a physical force that will usually bring even the toughest of physical walls crashing down.

For indication of the type of power we are dealing with here;
(nature affect on defense, def EVs, HP EVs)
(guaranteed) = (boosted, max Def, max HP)

With status @ Life Orb
OHKO on Slaking (guaranteed)
OHKO on Driftblim (guaranteed) with Stone Edge
OHKO on Vaporeon (neutral, max Def, no HP)
43% OHKO on Vaporeon (neutral, max Def, max HP)
OHKO on Cresselia (guaranteed)
OHKO on Rhyperior (guaranteed)
80-99% on Hippowdon (neutral, max SD, rest in HP/Def)
64-77% on Shuckle (boosted, max Def, max HP)
80-95% on Shuckle (neutral, no Def, max SD)
OHKO on Steelix (guaranteed, barely)
86% OHKO on Regirock (guaranteed)
OHKO on Regirock (boosted, no Def, max HP)
OHKO on Cloyster (guaranteed)
OHKO on Deoxys-L (guaranteed)
73% OHKO on Dusknoir (guaranteed) w/Night Slash
OHKO on Dusknoir (neutral, 80 Def, max HP) w/Night Slash
53-63% on Weezing (boosted, no Def, max HP) w/Stone Edge
70% OHKO on Donphan (boosted, no Def, max HP)
80-95% on Skarmory (boosted, no Def, max HP)

Without status @ Life Orb
OHKO on Slacking (neutral, 80 Def, max HP)
90% OHKO on Slaking (neutral, max Def, min HP) (8% with max HP)
78-92% on Cresselia (boosted, max Def, max HP)
86-101% on Cresselia (neutral, max Def, max HP)
OHKO on Rhyperior (neutral, no Def, max HP)
83-97% on Rhyperior (neutral, max Def, max HP)
77-90% on Steelix (boosted, no Def, max HP)
75-88% on Regirock (boosted, no Def, max HP)
85-100% on Cloyster (boosted, max Def max HP)
90% OHKO on Cloyster (boosted, no Def, max HP)
58% OHKO on Deoxys-L (boosted, max Def, max HP)
OHKO on Deoxys-L (neutral, max Def, max HP) w/Night Slash
85-99% on Dusknoir (neutral, no Def, max HP) w/Night Slash

So Weezing walls it, especially if its one of those non-Stone Edge Heracross. There is no guarantee of a 2HKO short of Sandstorm/Stealth Rock either. This is assuming regular Weezing EVs, thats is max HP and no Def.

Naturally status and CB is more devastating yet, adding an extra 15% damage to the status + Life Orb numbers, making Skarm vulnerable to a OHKO and giving Regirock a 1% chance of escaping one.

If you could manage to pass an SD and maybe a bit of speed to this (hi Ninjask) thats your game won right there.

I guess it's nice to know it can OHKO many things just like something like Electivire but really one kill is all it's getting without a speed boost of some sort. Most things faster than it can come in for the revenge kill with a STAB SE move or non-STAB Aerial Ace. A Focus Sasher can also deliver the kill in case Heracross is faster due to a Baton Pass.

Also for shame that you didn't calculate the damage from Stone Edge on Gliscor, which you know is Heracross's main counter.

Otherwise good job making some calculations. I tend to calculate as well to make sure I get the right EV's for a OHKO that might otherwise not happen.

Jibaku, yeah I forgot solid rock, I'll have to go back and fix that.

I'll go add Gliscisor later. Somehow I completely forgot it, possibly something to do with having yet to actually face one. I should probably add Metagross/Bronzong too due to their eclectic typings.

Acreus, I'm using whichever move would be more effective out of Megahorn or Close Combat. In the odd case that Stone Edge/Night Slash does more damage the move is listed.

Nice numbers, but I don't understand why you've included some of them (neutral, max def no hp vaporeon when the standard is benefical, max, 188 Evs).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think every damage calculator should come with a function that lists the probability of an OHKO...

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, you can calculate the probability of OHKO easily once you know the damage that the attack will deal.
Well, same goes for damage if you know the formula and stuff =P I do think it'd be useful to be able to tell right off the bat. Should only be one additional formula to stick in too so not hard.

Nice numbers, but I don't understand why you've included some of them (neutral, max def no hp vaporeon when the standard is benefical, max, 188 Evs).
Because I've been out of the Metagame for a fair while and the last I remember is most Vaporeon being Calm, to bolster the naturally high SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)