2. Ciele vs 15. Reymedy
3. Chill Shadow vs 14. xtra$hine
4. Jimmy Turtwig
vs 13. blunder
5. Obliviate vs 12. FLCL
6. dEnIsSsS vs 11. Malekith
7. Posho vs 10. The Quasar
8. Omfuga vs 9. BKC

Here we are again with Smogon Tour Playoffs History Spreadsheet, which I will get updated through Playoffs.

Little datas for the moment:
- First playoffs ever for Chill Shadow, Jimmy Turtwig, Obliviate, Posho, The Quasar. Most experienced users here are SoulWind and Ciele, with 6 playoffs done including this one. If you're wondering, Malekith did 5, BKC and xtra$hine did 4, while the remaining users did 2.
- xtra$hine extended his record of longest time span between first and last playoffs played. Indeed, xtra$hine got to playoffs during Season 9 for the first time (record was up to Season 20 until now).
- dEnIsSsS, Finchinator, FLCL, Omfuga and Reymedy never went past Round 1, so we wish them to break this record
- Malekith and xtra$hine have to respectively go past Round 2 and Round 1 in order to stop their Playoffs downward trend. Malekith reached Finals in Season 13, Semifinals in Season 14, and Round 2 in Seasons 16 and 21. xtra$hine reached Semifinals in Season 9, Round 2 in Season 12 and Round 1 in Season 20.
- Ciele, as every Smogon Tour winner, should go past Round 1 to not incur in "Season winner's curse" which happened to Veteran In Love, Earthworm, Loki, Golden Sun and McMeghan. This "curse" basically is that the previous Season winner had lost at Round 1 of following Season.
- Noone of the current pairings already happened in the past
- The following pairings could happen again though: SoulWind vs Blunder (S21 R2), Ciele vs Malekith (S21 R2), BKC vs Malekith (S16 R2), SoulWind vs Malekith (S13 R2)

Last edited:

Century Express

melodies of life
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
1. SoulWind vs 16. Finchinator | predicting Finch to win BW & ORAS, and SW to win DPP
2. Ciele vs 15. Reymedy
3. Chill Shadow vs 14. xtra$hine
4. Jimmy Turtwig vs 13. blunder
5. Obliviate vs 12. FLCL
6. dEnIsSsS vs 11. Malekith
7. Posho vs 10. The Quasar | bixa ?_?
8. Omfuga vs 9. BKC | i'm a big fan of BKCs' DPP and BW builds overall. i'm predicting Omfuga to win ORAS tho

Btw, props to every hoster during this season (you guys did a fantastic work), this season was really enjoyable to play overall. rooting for Posho / Finch / dEnIsSsS to take the pixels. pce

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1. SoulWind vs 16. Finchinator - Sorry finch, but soulwin_ner
2. Ciele vs 15. Reymedy - one of the best pokemon players period, very uphill battle for reymedy
3. Chill Shadow vs 14. xtra$hine - xtra doesn't win big games but this series will go 3 games
4. Jimmy Turtwig vs 13. blunder - blunder should take oras and bw
5. Obliviate vs 12. FLCL - fooly gonna win dpp and bw
6. dEnIsSsS vs 11. Malekith - Malekith is just better.
7. Posho vs 10. The Quasar
8. Omfuga vs 9. BKC - Dpp is essentially a free win for bkc, so unless omfuga does some wild shit I don't think he can win this

Last edited by a moderator:
1. SoulWind vs 16. Finchinator It's quite hard to not predict Soulwind here, both are solid BW players but I would give the edge to Soulwind in DPP and ORAS
2. Ciele vs 15. Reymedy I feel both will use some new things so I'm eager to watch that series
3. Chill Shadow vs 14. xtra$hine Never heard about Chill Shadow
4. Jimmy Turtwig vs 13. blunder I hope you are training your ORAS skills right now, you Turtwig :v
5. Obliviate vs 12. FLCL
6. dEnIsSsS vs 11. Malekith Malekith is probably more solid in all the gens
7. Posho vs 10. The Quasar Poshooo will do good, I believe in him !
8. Omfuga vs 9. BKC DPP should be an easy win and I think that BKC is a more solid BW player

Soulwind or Jimmy to win it all !

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
1. SoulWind vs 16. Finchinator - finchtour22
2. Ciele vs 15. Reymedy - on a hot streak, cant be stopped, not french
3. Chill Shadow vs 14. xtra$hine - smartest man on the planet
4. Jimmy Turtwig vs 13. blunder - blunder is incredible, one of the most intellectual people this website has ever seen. James Torterra isn't a pushover tho, should be lit
5. Obliviate vs 12. FLCL - never once lost a game of competitive pokemon
6. dEnIsSsS vs 11. Malekith - good at almost everything
7. Posho vs 10. The Quasar - superior
8. Omfuga vs 9. BKC - omfugas good but not bkc good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)