Playoffs Smogon Grand Slam XII Playoffs [ Won by Giannis Antetokommo-o ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Grats to Giannis Antetokommo-o on winning Grand Slam XII! I could not think of a more deserving winner after past close calls, so I hope you enjoy this victory. It has been amazing seeing you put up such consistent results across the entire individual tournament circuit, so I am very glad you finally get the chip and proud of you!
I will be stepping down as Tournament Director effective immediately with Grand Slam XII having concluded. I still intend to oversee the rollout and hosting of the first Smogon Masters, but my time overseeing the entire tournament circuit is done. I came into this community many years ago with hopes of having a fun time playing, but many years later I have made many friends and learned so many valuable lessons about work ethic, leadership, and so much more that have helped make me the person I am today. For this, I am eternally grateful to the bulk of Smogon.

I will be sticking around as a contributor in some tournament circles, but this move allows for me to shift my efforts into my primary focus: putting up results as a player while I still run OU, which I hope to do for at least the remainder of this generation. Thank you to everyone for trusting me across many different challenging situations over these last two years as TD and fuck you to everyone who was overly rude to me or my fellow TDs -- this is an incredibly stressful job and we do it for you on a volunteer basis, so the least you could do is be civilized. Constructive criticism is awesome and how we grow, but being unbearably rude is not.

With this in mind, good luck to the current TD team. Merritt you work hard and stay thorough despite doing the most thankless jobs; you have my respect and gratitude. The same goes for the remainder of the TDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)