Playoffs Smogon Classic V Playoffs - Finals [Won by McMeghan]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
1. Lavos VS. 16. FlamingVictini - Hard to predict against Lavos regardless of the opponent. FV is a strong player and I think he will take one of BW or RBY at least, but beyond that it is hard to say unless he comes out firing or takes some pretty major risks that pay off/tilt Lavos.
2. Ojama VS. 15. BIHI - BIHI will take a game or two with some nonsense, but Ojama is too solid to predict against here, even if BIHI is actually a really good aggressive player at times. I think this may be closer than some imagine, but Ojama rarely misplays and uses solid enough teams to rely on for a win here.
3. Tamahome VS. 14. Zokuru - Tamahome is one of the best players of all time across these generations whereas Zokuru is not there currently.
4. Pohjis VS. 13. elodin - Not as familiar with these dudes outside of BW, but elodin seems to be more experienced in these metagames, especially ADV and DPP. Both are competent and I regard both as solid, but I give a slight edge to elodin.
5. McMeghan VS. 12. Kingler12345 - McMeghan will win this unless he loses it for himself in the teambuilder. His gameplay in recent months has been pretty inspiring and showing that he is still in great form. Kingler is far from that level, but he will likely use passable, consistent teams and be able to take risks, so if McMeghan wants to use random dogshit then he may get punished.
6. SoulWind VS. 11. Alexander. - I think this is a bit of a trap series for SoulWind because Alex is competent all around and SoulWind is coming off a lame loss, but I think that he's still better and will overcome whatever adversity there may be. He should be favored in DPP and BW for sure. The thing is that he's also competent in the other generations that Alexander may seem to have an edge in, especially RBY, so you really cannot catch any breaks here if you're Alexander.
7. BKC VS. 10. ABR - rooting for whoever takes this one
8. Malekith VS. 9. TonyFlygon - Probably the closest of the bunch. Tony is in pretty good form in a couple of generations it appears whereas I'm unsure where Malekith is in a couple. I know he has dabbled in GSC pretty successfully in the past, but will he be in good enough form to take Tony after his recent GSC Cup run? To make it even closer, Tony has been playing DPP recently in WCOP, so that's not even too easy for Malekith. Overall, I think he still takes it in 4 or 5 because he's got far more experience under his belt, but this could just as easily be an upset. Both of these guys can go far in this field if they play their cards right and I'm pretty excited to see what goes down here, especially in DPP.

1. Lavos VS. 16. FlamingVictini - lavos been on some wack shit but nothing as wack as being perpetually late, wasting ur oppos time, and topping that off w disrespectful stallfests. guangcong deserves to smite u, peasant
2. Ojama VS. 15. BIHI - bihi lowkey sleepr doe
3. Tamahome VS. 14. Zokuru - tfw ur bad and rely on stall and matchup to carry u
4. Pohjis VS. 13. elodin - this 4 seed was due to nothing but astronomical luck and team thieving
5. McMeghan VS. 12. Kingler12345 - stephen curry. vs curry
6. SoulWind VS. 11. Alexander. - omg an actual close match. but alex finally has an oppo who understands fundamental risk reward so this seems pretty doomed bruh
7. BKC VS. 10. ABR - spank me daddy
8. Malekith VS. 9. TonyFlygon - sub cloy was so offensively bad it made me suicidal. i like that

lost vs Lavos in a fun series, ggs.

Really glad I got to try all the 'cool' stuff I had prepared, and I really want to thank everyone who reached out and helped me once poffs started. Especially huge shoutouts to TPP, d0nut, MoP, and KG for helping me prepare teams and making sure whatever I built on the airplane wasn't complete horseshit. Sorry I wasn't able to play my best and make the most of those hours y'all dedicated to help me.

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
Won in 4 vs Tony, ggs man, you are a really good opponent, during the battle and after the matches, whatever the score is, I'm a fan of you.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-449383
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4ou-449384
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen1ou-449386
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-449389

I hope to play Lavos in a clean series, beef apart, I expect it to be clean and funny for the spectators, this game is all about the show, so lets give them it.

lost to my friend malekith, ggs and good luck in the rest!

just wanted to take a moment to thank my friends that supported me and everyone that sent me nice pms wishing me luck, it genuinely means a lot. it's a new feeling for me as i've not really enjoyed playing for much of the past two years, but i set out to focus on playing more instead of managing this year and so far i've really enjoyed myself. sorry i wasn't perfect today, i'll be better in the next one!

finally i want to give a special thanks to Fear for teaching me gsc and making me fall in love with the tier. i was a complete newbie before this classic, but after your feedback and team building advice i somehow made a run all the way to the gsc cup final, which you had faith in from the start, too. you're the best. <3

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
these basically are one of the best matchups i ever seen since a while. All 8 players deserve the trophy. i hope Lavos will get it simply because hes the best old gen player atm
Im also rooting for Daddy and Tama. Have fun..may the best can win and do not forget to tell us when you all play. best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)