Smogon Champions League III - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

>Spreadsheet<
>Games Schedule<
>Season Schedule<

Tournament Rules and General Guidelines

Matchups:

Technical Machines (4) vs (6) Orange Islanders

SV OU: Malekith vs aesf
SV OU: Isza vs Welli0u
SV OU: TPP vs Rubyblood
SV Ubers: entrocefalo vs Exiline
SV DOU: qsns vs JRL
SV UU: Punny vs pdt
SV RU: JustFranco vs robjr
SV NU: freezai vs Danny
SV PU: Chloe vs DugZa
SV LC: Expulso vs Hacker

Studio Gible (8) vs (2) Power Plant Dynamos

SV OU: Fogbound Lake vs Baloor
SV OU: Piyush25 vs Separation
SV OU: mind gaming vs BIHI
SV Ubers: Fc vs fade
SV DOU: zee vs raf
SV UU: Eternal Spirit vs tko
SV RU: ninjadog vs Beraldo
SV NU: etern vs Kushalos
SV PU: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs DAHLI
SV LC: Cam vs Collette

Showdown Shoguns (3) vs (7) Uncharted Terrors

SV OU: blunder vs procorphish
SV OU: lax vs Joeshh
SV OU: Storm Zone vs oldspicemike
SV Ubers: SoulWind vs RichardMillePlain
SV DOU: xqiht vs Nails
SV UU: Gilbert arenas vs Accel
SV RU: bb skarm vs Feliburn
SV NU: watashi vs avarice
SV PU: zS vs sensei axew
SV LC: Eniigma vs Laroxyl

Arena Spartans (2) vs (8) Mt. Silver Foxes

SV OU: Lily vs Thiago Nunes
SV OU: Niko vs Carkoala
SV OU: Ox the Fox vs mimilimi
SV Ubers: Icemaster vs Highlord
SV DOU: Tenzai vs Akaru Kokuyo
SV UU: Jytcampbell vs hariyana grande
SV RU: TheFranklin vs Floss
SV NU: GXE vs Togkey
SV PU: goldenghost vs Xiri
SV LC: Wail Wailord vs Éric

Circuit Breakers (4) vs (6) Indigo Platoon

SV OU: Nat vs MichaelderBeste2
SV OU: Sylveon used calm mind vs Finchinator
SV OU: Highv0ltag3 vs zioziotrip
SV Ubers: M Dragon vs SiTuM
SV DOU: Meminger21 vs Xrn
SV UU: umbry vs McMeghan
SV RU: ishtar vs Ajna
SV NU: Elias PSY vs Axrtix
SV PU: gum vs Santu
SV LC: tazz vs Scottie

Deadline will be October 22, 11:00 PM EDT (GMT-4).

Technical Machines (0) vs (0) Orange Islanders

Studio Gible (0) vs (0) Power Plant Dynamos

SV Ubers: Fc vs Fade
SV DOU: zee vs raf
SV LC: Cam vs Collette

Showdown Shoguns (0) vs (0) Uncharted Terrors

SV OU: blunder vs procorphish

Arena Spartans (0) vs (0) Mt. Silver Foxes

SV OU: Ox the Fox vs mimilimi
SV PU: goldenghost vs Xiri

Circuit Breakers (0) vs (0) Indigo Platoon

SV RU: ishtar vs Ajna

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
THE FOXES WILL WIN THE LOTTERY, THE SPACE RACE, THE WORLD WAR, THE COLD WAR AND THE ROYAL RUMBLE
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hs

Banned deucer.
My man goao has been banned for nothing. Well, not nothing but nothing egregious or rule-breaking to the point of having him exiled from the site for 2+ years. He merely used a friend's account as receptacle for his doings (making two separate lists with different people in them, differentiating each by the users' schlong size). Of course this triggered many weak-ego frauds. goao is breaking too many taboos on smogon, and this was just one of them. It's okay to have different heights, different sizes than other people, we're all built by our uniqueness and our very own genetic should not be enough to discourage living normally. And that's the main message goao wanted to spread, but of course: Smogon Tyrants (Chaos; Carson, Lax, StarMaster, Roses [Also known as the Balls Jerk {Berk}]), in fact, just look at how the last couple of users were famous cheaters and today find themselves in positions of power: Roses cheating with Ben Gay / Tiering Admin. StarMaster cheating with Goao and 2372 users / TD. Cason cheating with Pearl and MiguelMart when he was TD / UU Tier Leader, and Chaos is bald. All of them were baffled when goao challenged their authorities and they had their egos blown by facts, truth and nothing more than the truth spoke by the truthman himself: goao (2x the people's libero (a title usually given to people whose plays are appreciated by the spectators due to their crazy, flashy, mesmerizing nature, leaving everyone in awe turn after turn) elected by the echelon of the brazilian pokemon community PokeEVO, SPL/WCOP/Snake prestigious participant, HPL, POCL semifinalist, LCPL finalist 5-3. Honestly who are you all, close to him? Not even a 15% portion of goao's ability is matched by the top 12 users on the HOF combined, who have to content themselves with just a mere desire of being compared to goao (unanimous mvp of everything he ever touched to this day while being a 14 y.o - the Midas of pokemon). That is why you felt attacked by his majestic presence, you sickening ''people'' (I don't know if I can call a dozen of repentless souls who are full of themselves people, because people = human beings, y'all are cruel and have no empathy for your brothers and sisters, thus having no human attributes as is, your social aspect has been deteriorated by playing too much and the titles, authority, clout ran over your heads, essentially driving the forum downwards). Persecuting goao will not be enough because as J.K.Rowling once said: "You can try to kill one, two, three flowers, and that won't be enough to stop the spring coming. Authority will eventually fade and so will your badges, the pokemon forum will eventually disappear, but the people who form the community are immortal and their just struggle against tyranny are immortal as long as the passion for the game and the development of society for the better is fed, the bad actions you perpetuate will only motivate them further to fight for their deserved conditions". I ask for the moderation and administration team to sincerely rethink about their actions on why they have kept goao banned while users who aren't worth dignity like Welli0u roam around the forum like idiots ''Embrace the Darknes'', what about embracing some bitches? You are edgy and no one from your family likes you as well. That is not what people meant when telling the french to grow a personality.

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
My man goao has been banned for nothing. Well, not nothing but nothing egregious or rule-breaking to the point of having him exiled from the site for 2+ years. He merely used a friend's account as receptacle for his doings (making two separate lists with different people in them, differentiating each by the users' schlong size). Of course this triggered many weak-ego frauds. goao is breaking too many taboos on smogon, and this was just one of them. It's okay to have different heights, different sizes than other people, we're all built by our uniqueness and our very own genetic should not be enough to discourage living normally. And that's the main message goao wanted to spread, but of course: Smogon Tyrants (Chaos; Carson, Lax, StarMaster, Roses [Also known as the Balls Jerk {Berk}]), in fact, just look at how the last couple of users were famous cheaters and today find themselves in positions of power: Roses cheating with Ben Gay / Tiering Admin. StarMaster cheating with Goao and 2372 users / TD. Cason cheating with Pearl and MiguelMart when he was TD / UU Tier Leader, and Chaos is bald. All of them were baffled when goao challenged their authorities and they had their egos blown by facts, truth and nothing more than the truth spoke by the truthman himself: goao (2x the people's libero (a title usually given to people whose plays are appreciated by the spectators due to their crazy, flashy, mesmerizing nature, leaving everyone in awe turn after turn) elected by the echelon of the brazilian pokemon community PokeEVO, SPL/WCOP/Snake prestigious participant, HPL, POCL semifinalist, LCPL finalist 5-3. Honestly who are you all, close to him? Not even a 15% portion of goao's ability is matched by the top 12 users on the HOF combined, who have to content themselves with just a mere desire of being compared to goao (unanimous mvp of everything he ever touched to this day while being a 14 y.o - the Midas of pokemon). That is why you felt attacked by his majestic presence, you sickening ''people'' (I don't know if I can call a dozen of repentless souls who are full of themselves people, because people = human beings, y'all are cruel and have no empathy for your brothers and sisters, thus having no human attributes as is, your social aspect has been deteriorated by playing too much and the titles, authority, clout ran over your heads, essentially driving the forum downwards). Persecuting goao will not be enough because as J.K.Rowling once said: "You can try to kill one, two, three flowers, and that won't be enough to stop the spring coming. Authority will eventually fade and so will your badges, the pokemon forum will eventually disappear, but the people who form the community are immortal and their just struggle against tyranny are immortal as long as the passion for the game and the development of society for the better is fed, the bad actions you perpetuate will only motivate them further to fight for their deserved conditions". I ask for the moderation and administration team to sincerely rethink about their actions on why they have kept goao banned while users who aren't worth dignity like Welli0u roam around the forum like idiots ''Embrace the Darknes'', what about embracing some bitches? You are edgy and no one from your family likes you as well. That is not what people meant when telling the french to grow a personality.
As leader of the Jerk, I take full responsibility. Sorry.

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
hs

Denial

formerly Lunala
is a Past WCoP Champion
There's been a lack of predictions so far in this tour and i'm pretty bored, so with a better understanding of every team so far in the tournament im confident in being decently able to predict the outcome of most games.

SV OU: Malekith vs aesf: Malekith has looked amazing this year between world cup and classic, and isn't looking like he's gonna drop the ball any time soon. aesf i'm not totally buying yet, his one game in wcop was pretty whatever so i don't have much to think about here. Pretty uphill battle for him.
SV OU: Isza vs Welli0u: if i don't see any yu-gi-oh larp in this i would be mad dissapointed. Should be a cool game tho, Welli0u has looked way better than his OLT games suggested (i assume for lack of interest on the latter) but Isza is a super capable player and, also cause of bias, expect him to take the win here.
SV OU: TPP vs Rubyblood: TPP seems to be totally out of the loop with his games and teams so far, Rubyblood has looked much much better in his latest tours. Can see TPP taking it but as of right now i don't see many signs that he will.
SV Ubers: entrocefalo vs Exiline: after whatever wacko team and movesets he decided to use Week 1, entro seems to be back on track with more solid teams. Exiline looked just ok, not a game that is any out of his capability but entro this year has just looked to good to predict against him.
SV DOU: qsns vs JRL: hard matchup to predict honestly, qnsn wins have been much more dominant and one sided against a better pool of players, while nothing really stood out to me from JRL games so far this season. Probably will be decided in the builder if qsns can keep it up.
SV UU: Punny vs pdt: easily coolest matchup of this week. Both great players, its hard for me to predict against Punny regardless of who he's playing, however pdt has looked amazing so far and on top of his game, i don't expect this to be easy for Punny.
SV RU: JustFranco vs robjr: JustFranco has looked great so far against what is arguably one of the hardest first 3 weeks he could have got, while robjr has arguably played the easier.
SV NU: freezai vs Danny: freezai games have been solid so far and he seems to care a TON between the innovative builds and the youtube content, while Danny has been pretty uninspiring.
SV PU: Chloe vs DugZa: as a DugZa fan his games have been pretty sad. His games haven't been particullary close outside of the one brainfart moment he had in Week 1, while Chloe has looked much more comfortable in prep and should arguably be 3-0.
SV LC: Expulso vs Hacker: not a pick im making with full confidence, while Hackers record isnt good with the only win being pretty much a donation, his games have not been bad, and i don't have much of a sample size on Expulso to really say anything of value here.

While the score might not make it look like, this series is much closer than i gave it credit for. Isza vs Welli0u, Punny vs pdt are all super close games and obviously Pokemon is Pokemon, i'm not totally cutting out the islanders here.

SV OU: Fogbound Lake vs Baloor: Lake has looked amazing this tour and Baloor hasn't really impressed me in what i've seen from him, pretty unclose game in my eyes.
SV OU: Piyush25 vs Separation: Separation has been struggling hard this tour, which i hate cause i think he's way better than what he is showing so far, but i wouldn't find it fair to predict for him yet. Piyush is honestly pretty good, i hope for a great showing in his first debut game :)
SV OU: mind gaming vs BIHI: mind gaming is the player this year, don't think i need to add much more.
SV Ubers: Fc vs Fade: outside of whatever overcooked rubbish fade loaded last week, his games have been more convincing. Super close game tho and one i look forward to, altho it's gonna be played at like 11pm -4.
SV DOU: z0mOG vs raf: not to discredit zee, but i believe z0m0g should have been a doubles starter by Week 1. His doubles showing has honestly been pretty impressive and i don't believe he was really comfortable in the post DLC ou meta. raf is a pretty good newcomer tho, been impressed by what i've seen in his replays during my scouting and tryouts sessions. Should be hopefully a cool game.
SV UU: Eternal Spirit vs tko: bold but totally understandable move by the Dynamos. tko this year seemed to had a pretty big glow up, from doing well in UUWC to his games now in LC. Gama has looked ok tho, as long as he doesn't load something like the stupid monkey again he should be pretty comfortable.
SV RU: ninjadog vs Beraldo: Beraldo has been amazing just like i would have expected him to, great teams and great playing make me pretty comfortable in bolding this slot opposed to the one that seemed to lack in building ideas.
SV NU: etern vs Kushalos: pretty good games from both so far, this game is gonna come down to Kushalos being able to clutch the week for the team after eternally scheduled for his 8am in the morning on monday.
SV PU: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs DAHLI: The Ho3 seems to be in pretty great form this tour while i have no sample size on DAHLI, who has not really impressed me in his 2 ou games either.
SV LC: dcae vs Collette: dcae doesn't really seem to care and i think his game last week showed it, i think Collette is good so im bolding her. If dcae gets any interest in the tour this week this game gets closer.

With starting possibly every week 0-3 and with the loss of TJ, it's not looking good for the Dynamos. The lower tiers are gonna have to do the heavy lifting here while they figure out the OU core, which seems to be the ideal week for them given the much weaker lowers core of the Gibles compared to their OU core.

SV OU: blunder vs xavgb: only player i'm ever gonna bold stresh agaist is mind gaming, and i'm honestly not even sure i would. Great and innovative builds topped with great playing is gonna be hard for blunder to top, who has been struggling pretty hard this tour so far.
SV OU: lax vs Joeshh: lax games have been pretty weird; compared to Welli0u, his OLT games have looked MUCH better than what he's done in SCL so far. He won his game last week however, and if there's a week to keep the momentum up its definetely this one, as Joeshh games have been... something.
SV OU: Storm Zone vs oldspicemike: on sample size alone, Storm Zone has looked much better with good showing in SCL and OLT. mike on the other hand doesn't really give me much outside of a good WCOP. Not totally writing him off as i believe he's capable to take this game, but i feel more comfortable bolding SZ.
SV Ubers: SoulWind vs RichardMillePlain: likely super hot take but Soulwind hasn't impressed me so far at all. His win last week seemed more coming from a result of fade loading a bad team than anything else, and he seemed to struggle in the tier while Richard has had a definetely more nicer time. Obviously, it's Soulwind we're talking about and there's no game he cant win, but from performance alone so far i feel like giving it to Richard.
SV DOU: xqiht vs Nails: xqiht has been struggling so far with the win being a timer win (albeit not totally over game) while the opponent is Nails.
SV UU: Gilbert arenas vs Accel: from the moment it was announced i thought it was super smart to retain marcop, altho i didnt expect him to end up in UU. Regardless, his games and teams give me full confidence in giving him the edge here. Accel is a good player but his games havent been inspiring me too much, he is definetely capable of taking this game tho.
SV RU: bb skarm vs Feliburn: Feliburn seems to be back on top form yet again (big fan especially of what he's using so far), and while bbskarm has had a pretty hard schedule, so did Feliburn and he seemed to be able to handle it much better.
SV NU: watashi vs avarice: while the NU slot of the terrors finally seemed to figured out how to build in this tier, i'm surprised they now subbed out Meru. Gonna be interesting to see if avarice is gonna be able to find comfort in the tier in what is pretty much a week, while watashi seems to be having a great time in it.
SV PU: zS vs sensei axew: pretty close game but i don't feel comfortable bolding sensei axew. His games have been pretty luck based, with an unfortunate week 1 game and a game-setting crit week 3, while zS has looked much more comfortable, albeit with an easier schedule. sensei axew definetely needs to win this game to bounce back.
SV LC: Eniigma vs Laroxyl: Laroxyl has honestly looked amazing this tour, possible the best LC player even. Regardless of the hard first draw in opponents his games have been great. Eniigma is yet to impress me this tour, altho he is definetely capable of proving me wrong with what he's been able to accomplish so far.

Super close week considering who i ended up bolding and why, very high chance in my opinion for both to win. After last week i definetely believe in the Shoguns possibly bouncing back, their "bad" slots have more than enough to be able to bounce back and start grabbing more wins, they just need to get the momentum on their side (which last week might have just ignited)

SV OU: Lily vs Thiago Nunes: ... very bold move by the Foxes which i honestly don't think was even necessary? unless there was a request from one of the two players swapped at which point, fair enough. However i really can't bold Thiago here, Lily has been much much better this year in this tier in particular and i can't really bold against her here.
SV OU: Niko vs Carkoala: super close game, i believe Carkoala to be slighlty better and Niko so far has seemed more stuck to one playstyle, which isn't usually good news.
SV OU: Ox the Fox vs mncmt: was really surprised in seeing Ox subbed out that early when his games until then were fine vs a hard pool of players. mncmt on the other hand seem to have been assisted by god so far cause his games have definetely been something LOL outside of that tho he's still been having a really good year this gen and i believe he can keep it up.
SV Ubers: Icemaster vs Highlord: Icemasters games have unfortunately been pretty unimpressive, he doesn't seem to be too comfortable in the tier and his playing has been lacking imo. Highlord has had a much harder pool to deal with and his games have been pretty ok, i believe he's gonna take this one.
SV DOU: Tenzai vs Akaru Kokuyo: been an Akaru fan ever since his OSDT games which were probably the most entertaining the tour had, Tenzai has been ok so far and the game is pretty open, but i like what i've been seeing from Akaru more.
SV UU: Jytcampbell vs hariyana grande: i don't really got much to say here. Go frankjosh tho woooo! yeah :)
SV RU: TheFranklin vs Floss: ignoring whatever was last week, Floss has been having a much more comfortable tour, if we go by record alone. However, i believe TheFranklin to be still favored here. His schedule has been inarguably harder, pulling Ajna and Feliburn immediately, and i'm sure he's more than motivated to not finish the tour 0-4 before getting subbed out. I haven't been much of a fan of what he's been bringing so far tho, so i believe the game is gonna especially come down to the builder here.
SV NU: GXE vs Togkey: on the other side of the gambit, while GXE has not been looking nowhere near what his prize would suggest, he still gives me enough confidence to bold him against Togkey, who is definetely a capable NU player but haven't really seen anything from yet.
SV PU: Mana vs Xiri: idk tbh both have been seeming to struggle especially in team selection so far, i'm gonna give it to Mana basing it on skill alone but the wacko teams don't really make me too comfortable in this pick.
SV LC: Wail Wailord vs Éric: while his games might have not been amazing, Eric has had a good showing so far and i can't really go against him yet, especially against Wail Wailord who's sample size is pretty much not there. However, i am a Wail believer and i definetely see him capable of taking this game.

The Spartans have been struggling and this might as well be the dedicer week for them. However, just like the Shoguns, i believe they do have the talent to start adding up wins and at the very least not finish last. The foxes has looked much better than everyone had initially given them credit for (me included), so that's always a pleasent surprise.

God i spent 2 hours on this somehow LMFAO i didnt expect to be that bored!!!!! Oh well i hope you enjoyed reading and didn't get too mad at what i had to say about you :) at the end i'm only here hoping for good games to watch, and made those predicts out of pure boredom. Sorry if some sentences are unreadable cause of typos / bad english :p

Go breakers!!!!!!!!!!! yippie

Last edited:

>Spreadsheet<
>Games Schedule<
>Season Schedule<

Tournament Rules and General Guidelines

Matchups:

SV Ubers: Fc vs fade
SV DOU: z0mOG vs raf
SV LC: dcae vs Collette

SV OU: blunder vs xavgb

SV OU: Ox the Fox vs mncmt
SV PU: Mana vs Xiri

SV RU: eifo vs Ajna

Deadline will be October 22, 11:00 PM EDT (GMT-4).

SV Ubers: Fc vs Fade
SV DOU: z0mOG vs raf
SV LC: dcae vs Collette

SV OU: blunder vs xavgb

SV OU: Ox the Fox vs mncmt
SV PU: Mana vs Xiri

SV RU: eifo vs Ajna
Lets go shoguns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)