ORAS OU Smacked by a Lobster

So this team I have been playing around with, making a few changes here and there, and I really like it. Took one of muh favorite Pokemon and made a pretty decent team. So without further ado, here is the team!

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

So I started off with Crawdaunt cause it is the evolution of one of my favorite Pokes. I decided to run band over LO to give it the capabilities of surviving longer, plus band makes it hit more like a truck than it already did. I ran Superpower over Crunch (Some variants run that) so that I wasn't completely walled by Ferro, Mega Gyarados, Keldeo (I guess) and it seems to be working.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 24 Attack/ 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Defog

The next Pokemon I decided to use was Latios. Latios is able to take out a few of Crawdaunts switch ins such as Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught. I also find it good to get the hazard control out of the way asap, so it just played into my favor. I run the standard Draco/Psyshock, but I decided to run EQ as my filler. EQ gives me a decent, pretty meh, check to Bisharp/T-Tar/MDiancie that can kind of give me trouble without it. I could run HP Fighting, but I don't want to not have a speed tie with Latias/Latios/MDiancie/Maybe MGallade. The 24 attack as said below are to OHKO Tran after rocks.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

I next chose Ferrothorn. My team needed some hazards and a decent physical/mixish wall. Ferro first came to mind, having a good typing when compared with Latios. On this set, I have decided to change Spikes for Sr. Spikes was doing a little here and there, but SR actually turned out to help late game. I ran Gyro and Leech Seed as standard. Then I was running Twave>Power Whip, but Power Whip helps out quite a bit with Starmie, who was going right through the team. Ferro makes for a pretty good defensive pivot when trying to get into and offnsive Pokes (Such as Crawdaunt.)

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Behold the poofy GOD!!! Well, other than the fact that it is somewhat borked, I chose MAlt cause I realized I didn't yet have a mega and could use some sort of overwhelming power. I looked through my options, and decided to go with Alt. Mega Alt and Crawdaunt seem to go well with each other due to them liking the removal of one another's switch ins. They both are able to do this, and if Crawdaunt was able to get rid of say Slowbro, and that was my opponent's only alt switch in, all I would need to do is get Alt in safely and DD. Once mega evolved, Mega Altaria gives a decent switch into Latis and Garchomp (Kind of). And the cloud power is real.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Wash your clothes for free. Rotom is here for a couple reasons. For one it is my birspam check that all of my teams are weak to. Second, the spreading of WoW helps out the team quite a bit, helps me cripple the set-up/band or scarf threats. Third, it gains momentum for the team, which it seemed to be lacking. I decided to go with the RestoChesto set.. (Don't murder me, I know it is not 2013 ;-;) I have never liked Pain Split on Rotom cause it just never seems to work for me. I have found much more reliance in Rest, plus it gives me possible late game insurance. Rotom is also a decent physical wall which was somewhat needed I guess.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

For my final member, I thought long and hard. Went through countless hours, sleepless night... (jk) I looked at this team and saw one glaring weakness. It gets smacked by and special attacker that wants to waltz in. And while not being the best special wall, I decided to go with the specially defensive Talonflame set. WoW helps with burn spam, BB is standard, Taunt helps with hazard spammers, and Roost for recovery. Talonflame also gave me an answer to Clefable and the dreaded cloud, Mega Altaria.

Well hopefully you had fun looking at the team, and maybe you could help me maybe tweak it a little. As soon as I get approval (Cause that is what my life is about) I will definitely go hard on ladder. I can't right now though, probably never sadly, cause of my freaking piss poor internet. I am up to suggestions though definitely not changing the Lobster. n.n

Importable:​
Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:
Magnet Pull ScarfZone can give you big trouble, since it locks ferro in, it kos crawdaunt and t-flame, aswell deals neutral damage to rotom-w. Even tho you have EQ on Latios, you don't have much else for it, flash cannon stomps on your MegAlt

I see the team as a working team and I feel it has some great balance, but beware of any will-o-wisp user, as it cripples 2 of your pokes and nerfs Latios capabilities to stomp with EQ

Zone can be a problem at times, sometimes I play around it. I might run a gimmicky Bulldoze on Ferro over maybe Gyro Ball since Power Whip has been so useful, I'll check in to it.

Hi there, interesting team!
Here are some changes I think you could make. Running spikes with defog does not make too much sense because you will just be defogging away your layers of spikes after you set them up. I would recommend removing spikes from ferrothorn and replacing it with SR. The extra residual damage provided by spikes is helpful, but SR is crucial as it limits switch ins for pokemon such as charizard and dragonite. I'd also recommend changing Latios's EV spread and nature to 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe with a Hasty nature, so that you can OHKO specially defensive heatran with earthquake after stealth rock damage. That's about it! I've used a Crawdaunt + Talonflame core before and I can definitely testify to how effective it is!

Hope this helped!

You should try Heal Bell > Earthquake on Mega Altaria to allow it to continue to set up on mon's that can only hope to stop it by afflicting status, i.e Rotom-W and M-Sableye. Sableye looks as though it'll give your team a ton of trouble since it can come in on almost anything, Will-O-Wisp and start CM'ing. Heal Bell gives you a great way to beat it and eventually sweep. You probably won't need Earthquake much since you have lure Latios, Rotom-W, and Crawdaunt to take care of Heatran. Also consider Bulk Up > Will-O-Wisp on Talonflame. This change works the same way Heal Bell over EQ works on Mega Altaria; Bulk Up gives Talonflame a tool to bypass some of its usual checks as well as a way to threaten defensive teams with something other than Taunt and a weak Brave Bird. Everything else is pretty good, this is a decent team great job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)