Resource SM Ubers Viability Ranking Thread (Final SM Update - #479)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my two cents since I've used Magearna extensively on a lot of my teams:

being able to consistently wall four of the most threatening special attackers of Ubers in Xerneas, MGengar, Yveltal and Deoxys-A is something this little Fairy definitely has going for her, as well as turning the tables on a lot of other special setup mons like Darkceus due to Heart Swap. Fleur Canon has a nifty chance to knock out Zygarde pre Power Construct and chips well. Pain Split is good enough of a Recovery option due to the generally high HP in Ubers and usage of Recovery moves, while Thunder Wave can be an Emergency Stop or just to spread yellow magic. The abundance of Groudon hurts it immensely though, resisting every of its common moves; Ho-Oh gets a free switch, Arceus Ground heavily dents it with Judgement, Kyogre is still a problem and it is walled by every other Steel type.

Magearna, while a good mon, just does not have the defensive nor supporting traits other mons have in B+. Ferrothorn, while more passive, can provide Spikes and Rocks and annoy switches with Leech Seed. Lugia just walls a lot more mons, can Phase Setup, has Multiscale and can Toxic Stall. Sableye compresses roles from hazard control to physical check in one mon. They provide a team with much more while at least being able to annoy their checks and counters - thus Magearna should stay in B.

Kinda sad my fave mon of Gen7 is only B, but meh gotta stay tru

Last edited:
I have mentioned it earlier, but is Kyurem-W worthy of moving up to C+ or even B-?

While it does not offer anything defensively, it hits very hard, has a decent speed tier, and it just seems better than the other mons in C

I have mentioned it earlier, but is Kyurem-W worthy of moving up to C+ or even B-?

While it does not offer anything defensively, it hits very hard, has a decent speed tier, and it just seems better than the other mons in C
Kyurem-W's problem is that it just cannot fit anywhere save for hyper offensive teams thanks to its terrible defensive typing and bad weakness to Stealth Rock, and even then it has a host of issues. Depending on Kyurem-W's set, it either becomes setup bait for numerous dangerous Pokemon after locking itself into a move (both Choice sets), is very underwhelming against defensive teams (Choice Scarf), or is very easily revenge killed (Choice Specs and Life Orb). Kyurem-W's biggest saving grace is how annoying it can be to switch into under optimal circumstances but I really don't think that's enough to make up for all of the things that make it very difficult to justify on teams. At least the things in C+ and B- have a well-defined niche; Dugtrio traps and removes Primal Groudon for its teammates, Aegislash checks most Fairy-types, Buzzwole is an effective physical wall, Shuckle sets up Sticky Web... and so on. Kyurem-W doesn't really do too much that other average Dragon-type balance breakers, such as Palkia, can't, and for this reason I think that Kyurem-W is fine in C.

Last edited:
Aurora give me mons(at least 5) that can switch on kyu-w spec ice beam outside of blissey/chanssey and win the match up.

Funny fact about Magearna that all you must dont know, magearna is one if not the best trick room setter he give so much momentum.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Arceus Water
Arceus Fairy
Solgaleo
Scizor
Bronzong
Scarf or Specs Xern
Lucario
Magearna

lol.

So that this isn't a one liner, I feel like magearna is extremely overrated in multiple facets.
a) it's very easy to wear down via hazards and/or repeated moonblast from xerneas, pain split isn't reliable enough in a long winded game or even sometimes good enough in a 30 turn ish game
b) it is completely blocked by the most common arceus at the moment, groundceus
c) it's not even that great of a dark type check because it can be 2hkoed by heat wave yveltal (although very uncommon, it still has use)
d) totally kills momentum versus ferrothorn balance teams which allows for spikes to go up or ferrothorn can throw off a toxic or leech seed

id personally keep gears b, it's so fucking overrated and id drop it if it was up to me. it is horrid bar on like tr teams which suck in their own right.

Last edited:
Zygarde-C A- -> B+

Zygarde-C is a prime victim of being OHKOed by ice type moves, losing the ability to fight due to burns and a lack of 'basic recovery', and it also has one of the worst performances after being status-effected within the tier.

hyw

Banned deucer.
Primal Groudon S+ -> A+

Primal Groudon is a prime victim of being OHKOed by ground type moves, losing the ability to fight due to toxics and a lack of 'basic recovery', and it also has one of the worst performances after being status-effected within the tier.

Choiced Xerneas is no Switch-in for Specs KyuW, just sayin:
252 SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Kyurem-White Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 274-324 (69.7 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The biggest problem for KyuremW is its weakness to Stealth Rock which really sucks for a Choice user due to the necessity of switches - loosing 25% every time it comes in is something it can't afford, especially when looking at its speed tier. Scarf can clean teams but needs rather much setup, and Specs just lacks the Speed to do so - the mons slurmz mentioned are solid and common answeres to add up. I believe LO is its best Choice between Power and Flexability, but again lacks speed like the Specs Set and gets revenged easily. KyuW always excels in one field but lacks in another. And while we're at it, Ho-Oh is common and one of its best Checks - I've even seen some people use Stone Edge on the higher ladder to especially deal with it.

Skymin is just better of a Scarfer and LO user in direct comparision with an amazing Speed tier, utility in Healing Wish and a good matchup vs Stall thanks to Serene Grace Air Slash and Seed Flare, something Kyurem needs Specs for. KyuW is a fun mon, but doesn't have a niche other mons (like ZPalkia for a Breaker) couldn't do better in C+ or B-, and should thus stay where it is

Zygarde-C A- -> B+

Zygarde-C is a prime victim of being OHKOed by ice type moves, losing the ability to fight due to burns and a lack of 'basic recovery', and it also has one of the worst performances after being status-effected within the tier.
I hope you are joking. ZygardeC is by far the best physical wall in the tier bar Arceus Water. RestTalk is the most common set, so Status doesn't matter, nor does 'the worst performance' under status you accuse it for. Thousand Arrows is a great move in itself to hit flying targets, Dragon Tail stops physical Setup, Glare is annoying as hell, and the DDCoil Sets setup on almost any physical mon. This thing is what could be called the closest of a counter to Primal Groudon, is only 3HKOd by Mega Salamence Outrage (!) and to be fair its weakness to Ice is the only thing holding it back from being A or above. It's like saying Mega Mence shouldn't be A+ for its 4x weakness to ice or Ho-Oh A for having an insane Rock Weakness.

Primal Groudon S+ -> A+

Primal Groudon is a prime victim of being OHKOed by ground type moves, losing the ability to fight due to toxics and a lack of 'basic recovery', and it also has one of the worst performances after being status-effected within the tier.
Wait a sec...

Last edited:

My Thunder

Banned deucer.
Primal Groudon S+ -> A+

pyu

formerly pyubae
Ferrothorn B+ --> A-

Ferrothorn is and always will be one of my favorite mons to use in ubers. It has so much utility, namely toxic-ing pdon on a switch, absolutely destroying most varients of pogre, spamming leech seed, and walling many hugely common threats, such as non-hpfire-carrying Xerneas (although I personally love hpfire), most (relevent) arceus formes pre-boost, non-focus blast m-gengar, alomuk, one of the few mons that can switch into deo-a with relative ease, and even leech seed and set up rocks on it, Zygarde-C, etc. It also can't be ignored that this is a very consistent stealth rock user, and is strong on hazard stack with access to both rocks and spikes. Furthermore, it has decent offensive presence and high bp moves, allowing it do dent mons that would normally kill it. Also, it can't be ignored that this mon's defensive presence is one of the best in the tier, is immune to toxic, fares well against stall, and is overall just a very good mon.

In case some of you are scratching your heads at the moveset I use, here it is:

GodOfUbers (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip/Stealth Rocks/Spikes/Protect
- Leech Seed
- Toxic/Stealth Rocks/Spikes/Protect

In case that isn't enough for you, here are a few calcs:

Defensive Calcs:
80+ Atk Muk-Alola Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 102-121 (28.9 - 34.3%) -- 99.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 76-91 (21.5 - 25.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 171-202 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
240+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 217-256 (61.6 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 126-149 (35.7 - 42.3%) -- 92.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 213-251 (60.5 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Spooky Plate Arceus-Ghost Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 177-208 (50.2 - 59%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Spooky Plate Arceus-Ghost Never-Ending Nightmare (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 264-312 (75 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Arceus-Water Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 50-59 (14.2 - 16.7%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery

Lastly, just to show you how bulky it is:
0 SpA Celesteela Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 220-260 (62.5 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

And yes, before you say it, I already know most celes run neither fire blast, nor a nature that isn't impish (-SpAtk, +Def), it is just a good measure to appropriate its bulk.

Etc.

Offensive Calcs:
4 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shadow Shield Lunala: 84-100 (20.2 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
4 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lunala: 169-201 (40.7 - 48.4%) -- 67.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 192-228 (47.5 - 56.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Kyogre-Primal: 270-320 (69.9 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Etc.

Overview:

I really do feel this is a great mon, and does too much for its B+ position. I think it is definitely fitting for it to sit at the bottom of A-. It does so much. I will concede that it dies to most pdon and all ho oh varients, but neither can switch in on a toxic. Ferrothorn just does so much work, and if you need something to sponge a hit, it is incredibly useful to have it sitting in your party. It lures in some of the strongest mons in the tier and renders them useless or highly damaged with a toxic. There are very few mons that can claim that same status. Thanks for reading.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ho-Oh A --> top of A-

I know moving Ho-Oh down has been a meme since the end of ORAS, with people asking for it to be B- and whatnot, however, this is actually a serious and completely logical nomination. With Sun & Moon, we've lost two of the more viable options for Defog in Latios and Latias as a result of the Soul Dew nerf, as well as a bouncer in Mega Diancie. That coupled with the seemingly less useful Giratina-O (for Defog purposes anyways) makes the only forms of hazard control a couple of subpar spinners, a defensive bouncer in Sableye and actually good Defog users in Arceus formes. This alone would make Ho-Oh less useful, seeing as it has decreased teammate options, with hazard removal being a tad bit trickier.

Furthermore, the introduction of Zygarde-C, the seeming rise of Tyranitar in viability and the burn damage nerf, as well as other changes have made this Pokemon even tougher to justify on top tier squads. It still provides some role compression and is tough to switch into for less bulkier builds, but it is definitely worse than what it previously was. I'm still undecided on the impact that the early metagame shifts towards a more bulky and "stally" approach has on Ho-Oh's viability, since it fares decently well on stall itself, being able to make use of Arceus-Ground's solid Defog and patching up a few holes for Stall (Lugia?). Nonetheless, it struggles a lot more when going up against Stall itself, seemingly not being able to break down fatter cores as well. In general, I believe Ho-Oh has gotten a bit worse, and should eventually move below Mega Lucario and remain atop the list of Pokemon in A-

These were just a few brief thoughts, if anyone could elaborate on my points or even contest them in order to spark some quality discussion over the nomination, that would be phenomenal.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
re: Ho-Oh moving down - I think it's a bit premature. The defensive Toxic set which has been seeing a fair bit of usage in SPL is still really good and doesn't really care about the burn damage nerf, and the lack of Lati@s is somewhat made up for by Defog Arceus-Ground having increased viability from ORAS and Defog Arceus-Dark having...actual viability. Tyranitar was never a significant point against Ho-Oh due to getting wrecked by burn regardless of chip dmg %, and it's "rise" in the metagame is questionable (TTar currently has a 0% win rate in SPL out of being brought in only 3 games, though 3 isn't a huge sample size). IMO the only truly major hindrance to Ho-Oh this gen is Zygarde-C since it can usually wall Ho-Oh fairly comfortably once it has transformed, but I think Ho-Oh's position on the tier list already reflects this relationship accurately. Ho-Oh also remains useful defensively with a somewhat expanded niche of being able to check Lunala and Mega Lucario.

tl;dr I think it's fine where it is.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nominating Forretress for anywhere between C or C+:

Forretress has fallen a long way since its peak in DPP and ADV, but it's still usable. It's still a very solid defensive Steel-type with a really nice typing, arguably better than some of the other Steels. It can use either a suicide lead set with Red Card (like in Astounded's SPL game), or even just a bog standard defensive support set. Basically, think of it like Mega Scizor that doesn't take up a Mega slot, but instead of pea shooter priority, it has hazards. You can check Ekiller quite nicely, while also taking a Focus Blast from +2 GeoXern at full health.

Suicide lead: ask Astounded

Defensive support
Forretress @ Leftove rs
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin / Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Seeing as Forretress ability to spin isn't that amazing any more (even though it can), if you really don't care that much and have good Defog support, you can forgo spin for an extra hazard, or even Pain Split to check Ekiller better.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Ferrothorn B+ --> A-

Ferrothorn is and always will be one of my favorite mons to use in ubers. It has so much utility, namely toxic-ing pdon on a switch, absolutely destroying most varients of pogre, spamming leech seed, and walling many hugely common threats, such as non-hpfire-carrying Xerneas (although I personally love hpfire), most (relevent) arceus formes pre-boost, non-focus blast m-gengar, alomuk, one of the few mons that can switch into deo-a with relative ease, and even leech seed and set up rocks on it, Zygarde-C, etc. It also can't be ignored that this is a very consistent stealth rock user, and is strong on hazard stack with access to both rocks and spikes. Furthermore, it has decent offensive presence and high bp moves, allowing it do dent mons that would normally kill it. Also, it can't be ignored that this mon's defensive presence is one of the best in the tier, is immune to toxic, fares well against stall, and is overall just a very good mon.

In case some of you are scratching your heads at the moveset I use, here it is:

GodOfUbers (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip/Stealth Rocks/Spikes/Protect
- Leech Seed
- Toxic/Stealth Rocks/Spikes/Protect

In case that isn't enough for you, here are a few calcs:

Defensive Calcs:
80+ Atk Muk-Alola Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 102-121 (28.9 - 34.3%) -- 99.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Zygarde-Complete Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 76-91 (21.5 - 25.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 171-202 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
240+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 217-256 (61.6 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 126-149 (35.7 - 42.3%) -- 92.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 213-251 (60.5 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Spooky Plate Arceus-Ghost Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 177-208 (50.2 - 59%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Spooky Plate Arceus-Ghost Never-Ending Nightmare (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 264-312 (75 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Arceus-Water Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 50-59 (14.2 - 16.7%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery

Lastly, just to show you how bulky it is:
0 SpA Celesteela Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 220-260 (62.5 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

And yes, before you say it, I already know most celes run neither fire blast, nor a nature that isn't impish (-SpAtk, +Def), it is just a good measure to appropriate its bulk.

Etc.

Offensive Calcs:
4 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shadow Shield Lunala: 84-100 (20.2 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
4 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lunala: 169-201 (40.7 - 48.4%) -- 67.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 192-228 (47.5 - 56.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Kyogre-Primal: 270-320 (69.9 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Etc.

Overview:

I really do feel this is a great mon, and does too much for its B+ position. I think it is definitely fitting for it to sit at the bottom of A-. It does so much. I will concede that it dies to most pdon and all ho oh varients, but neither can switch in on a toxic. Ferrothorn just does so much work, and if you need something to sponge a hit, it is incredibly useful to have it sitting in your party. It lures in some of the strongest mons in the tier and renders them useless or highly damaged with a toxic. There are very few mons that can claim that same status. Thanks for reading.
If muk uses Knock Off it does not get leftovers recovery. It actually has a chance of being 3HKOed especially after Stealth Rocks damage

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Came back with a content that is not Shedinja so be glad.

S -> S-

I personally love using this guy, he completely shuts down all support variants such as Smeargle, and eliminate vitally important victory factor of the opposing team thanks to its broken ability Shadow Tag. But why do I suggest to demote this Ghost to S-?

In this Gen, I found it harder to utilize this Gengar. While it can trap the likes to Tapu Lele, I always had to anticipate Choice Scarf set which can be devastating if I failed to make the right prediction about mega evolving or not.

Also these are the new (or updated) threats for Mega Gengar that I find in this gen:

* Lunala (Thanks to Shadow Shield, it can take a Shadow Ball assuming Stealth Rock is not up)
* Alolan Muk
* Yvetal (Significantly more viable this Gen due to introduction of Solgaleo and Lunala)
* Zygarde-C (Retarded bulk allows it to take any 2 hits bar Icy Wind)

In addition, what hampers Mega Gengar is its pathetic bulk, which is 2HKOed by uninvested Gyro Ball from Ferrothorn and Forretress. This usually forces Gengar to press Destiny Bond (followed by Taunt) to eliminate threats, while its best niche is to get rid of an important opponent and take down something like Primals or Extreme-Ceus before it faints.

Despite this, I believe that Gengar is still worthy of staying in S tier because these flaws does not reduce its viability as a fantastic trapper with access to Destiny Bond, Taunt, Perish Song, etc. I just thought it is harder to utilize Gengar this gen due to the change of cirtumstances; nevertheless, it is still S_class Mega mon that has undeniable viability.

Nominating Barbaracle for C

Barbaracle might seem a bit random but it can OHKO pretty much the entire meta except like, Zygarde after a Shell Smash. With some support, getting it set up shouldn't be too hard, being it either Wobbuffet, screens or on a defensive mon with weak hits. It is susceptible to priority, mainly Yveltal's Sucker Punch, but its Rock typing should help you tank most Extreme Speeds. There are 2 sets you can run, 1 being Rockium Z and the other being Air Balloon. Rockium Z functions more as a Balance breaker, whereas Air Balloon functions better against Offense, due to the ability to setup on Ekiller. The Rockium Z lets Barbaracle OHKO nearly everything after a boost. However, being a single-use item does require some chipping on stuff to let Barbaracle OHKO them without wasting the Z-move.

Barbaracle @ Rockium Z / Air Balloon
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Razor Shell

Offensive, assuming Stealth Rock is up (based on usage above 2.5%) no OHKO and Z-moves will be color coded red and orange respectively
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon-Primal: 366-432 (90.8 - 107.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 335-395 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 184 HP / 28 Def Xerneas: 561-661 (127.7 - 150.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 548-646 (143.8 - 169.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 372-438 (112.3 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lunala: 340-402 (81.9 - 96.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Razor Shell vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gengar-Mega: 363-427 (139 - 163.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lucario-Mega: 476-560 (169.3 - 199.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-Attack: 331-390 (137.3 - 161.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Razor Shell vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 268-316 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Arceus-Water: 355-418 (79.9 - 94.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Razor Shell vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Arceus-Ground: 390-458 (88 - 103.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Kyogre-Primal: 351-413 (86.8 - 102.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Razor Shell vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 662-780 (159.5 - 187.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Giratina-Origin: 438-516 (99.3 - 117%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde: 202-238 (48 - 56.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Solgaleo: 303-357 (73 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 674-794 (193.1 - 227.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Deoxys-Speed: 334-394 (110.2 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Arceus-Ghost: 474-558 (124.4 - 146.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-White: 702-826 (179.5 - 211.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Smeargle: 952-1120 (304.1 - 357.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 120+ Def Lugia: 408-482 (98 - 115.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 424-500 (120.4 - 142%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 486-572 (134.2 - 158%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Arceus-Fairy: 447-526 (100.6 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Arceus-Dark: 520-612 (117.1 - 137.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 337-397 (95.4 - 112.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Razor Shell vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 213-252 (65.7 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Arceus-Steel: 546-644 (143.3 - 169%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Razor Shell vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 384-453 (136.6 - 161.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 735-865 (104.5 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 352-415 (69.9 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Dialga: 548-646 (136.3 - 160.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 391-462 (98.2 - 116%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Razor Shell vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Muk-Alola: 384-453 (92.7 - 109.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shaymin-Sky: 782-924 (229.3 - 270.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Darkrai: 464-548 (165.1 - 195%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kangaskhan-Mega: 532-628 (151.5 - 178.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Razor Shell vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pheromosa: 648-763 (228.9 - 269.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 236-282 (96.7 - 115.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Espeon: 304-358 (91 - 107.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Defensive, Priority after a Shell Smash
4 Atk Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 220-259 (77.1 - 90.8%)
252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Bullet Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 126-150 (44.2 - 52.6%)
4 Atk Life Orb Darkrai Sucker Punch vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 121-142 (42.4 - 49.8%)
248+ Atk Griseous Orb Giratina-Origin Shadow Sneak vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 109-129 (38.2 - 45.2%)
252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 105-125 (36.8 - 43.8%)
252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 83-99 (29.1 - 34.7%)
4 Atk Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Extreme Speed vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 83-97 (29.1 - 34%)
100+ Atk Muk-Alola Shadow Sneak vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 49-58 (17.1 - 20.3%)
252 Atk Arceus (Any type but Normal) Extreme Speed vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 54-64 (18.9 - 22.4%)
0 Atk Sableye-Mega Fake Out vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 17-20 (5.9 - 7%)

Defensive, things you can setup on, if balloon is needed for a setup, it will be color coded Red
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 136-160 (47.7 - 56.1%)
252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 83-99 (29.1 - 34.7%)

252+ SpA Lunala Moongeist Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 211-250 (74 - 87.7%)
252 SpA Gengar-Mega Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 181-214 (63.5 - 75%)
0 SpA Splash Plate Arceus-Water Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 171-202 (60 - 70.8%)
252 SpA Arceus-Ground Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 53-62 (18.5 - 21.7%)
252 Atk Arceus-Ground Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 91-108 (31.9 - 37.8%)

208+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 179-212 (62.8 - 74.3%)
252+ Atk Solgaleo Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 220-260 (77.1 - 91.2%)
4 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 204-241 (71.5 - 84.5%)
252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 60-71 (21 - 24.9%)
0 SpA Pixie Plate Arceus-Fairy Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 171-202 (60 - 70.8%)
0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 171-202 (60 - 70.8%)
252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 214-253 (75 - 88.7%)
252 SpA Iron Plate Arceus-Steel Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 211-249 (74 - 87.3%)
Chansey Seismic Toss vs. 0 HP Barbaracle: 100-100 (35 - 35%)
0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 172-204 (60.3 - 71.5%)
100+ Atk Muk-Alola Knock Off vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 118-139 (41.4 - 48.7%)
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 199-235 (69.8 - 82.4%)
0 Atk Shuckle Rock Tomb vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Barbaracle: 21-25 (7.3 - 8.7%)
0 SpA Espeon Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 82-97 (28.7 - 34%)
4 SpA Stone Plate Arceus-Rock Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 172-204 (60.3 - 71.5%)

Extra
+2 0 SpA Barbaracle Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Zygarde: 404-476 (96.1 - 113.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 4 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 246-289 (86.3 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
(note: this is after Magearna used Heart Swap, you should always try to setup again, if the opponent is sure Flash Cannon kills)
252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Razor Shell vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon-Primal: 400-472 (99.2 - 117.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
(note: after Kyogre-Primal removed Harsh Sunshine, this can help you get rid of Groudon-Primal or give you a free Shell Smash if you think the opponent is going to switch)

Some replays featuring Barbaracle
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7pokebankubers-234543
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankubers-516730480
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-541843472
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-543361491
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-543367472
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-547575283
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-547578939

Last edited:
Given that the Mewtwo mega stones are out, any idea as to where they'll be placed? Are we allowed to discuss, or will initial placings be decided by the council? Might post where I think they should go if given the all clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)