Slowly drain them before you kill them...

So yeah, I've been out of the loop for a few months but decided to dust of me old team and give it a spin. Its nice but has some problems with certain pokes (Main one being Suicune, cant recall it being that common). So yeah, its generally an "Annoy Till They're About To Break" team.

On to the team...
---

Deoxys-e @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/112 Def/28 Spd/116 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Psychic
- Recover
- Taunt
---
Taunting Spikes setup. A great lead, although lately it seems to have to run quite a lot. No biggie though, it has a tendecy to constantly return on the field. Speed still kept high for some occasional revenge-killing.
Now with updated EV Spread!
---

Dusknoir (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/172 Def/84 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Thunderpunch
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch
- Pain Split
---
Replacement for Celebi. Anti-Spinner, counters Gengar, Gyarados and to a lesser extent, helps with stuff like Garchomp. No Will O Wisp due to Toxic Spikes reliance and to allow better coverage.
---

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP/98 Def/36 Spd/172 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
---
Sets up Toxic Spikes, prevents certain pokemon from having a field day in setting up on me, and is a pain in the ass with Knock Off. Disabled many a Blissey this way. Also good to prevent Toxic Spikes which can nuke my team without problems. Tentacruel is just awesome.
---

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 138 HP/120 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Magnet Rise
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
---
Oh, what was that Zong? Wanted to set up Rocks? Okay, but you'll pay. With your life. Have a nice day.
---

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
---
Sits his fat ass in front of stuff, putting down some rocks and in general frustrating a lot of physical attackers (Sup Lucario). Has some problems with Taunters though.
---

Garchomp (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
---
Sub, hope for some hax or a switch, Dance, sub down to Salac range and crush the opposition. Or whats left of it after the rest of my team is done with it.
---

This is it. Any help is welcome.

Well, the main thing I see is you are 6-0'd by the very common Gyarados if it has Earthquake, which is a major problem. The first obvious thing I see to fix this is replacing your Celebi set with a more defensive Celebi set, preferably with T-wave so it can actually counter Life Orb Gyarados. Hidden Power Ice would also help on Celebi as it also helps your pretty generic Garchomp weak. Or, as another option, you could replace Tentacruel with HP Electric Vaporeon, which is also very well suited for taking down Gyarados. If you did that you would have to find somewhere else to use Toxic Spikes though. You could even do both if you wanted, as you need all the help you can get against Gyarados, as you don't really have a revenge killer. There is probably other stuff as well but that is the main thing you should fix.

Its surprisingly how easy Deoxys and Celebi scare off Gyarados until it has found out about the sets. By which time generally Sandstream and SRock are up. Also, if I do use TWave on Celebi, if Gyara gets a DDance in, it can still taunt me.
I like HP Electric Vaporeon a lot, but I'm not 100% certain on what to get out, seeing as how Tentacruel is required for this team. He also helps well against stuff like the 'nape and random special attackers (Such as Moltres, for example, been seeing those a lot more lately) and while Vaporeon would do well, the inability to Knock Off/Toxic Spike/Get rid of Toxic Spikes is dreadfully missed.
Tentacruel does outspeed the common Gyarados though so without a DDance up it does kinda scare it away. Sorta.

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
Just a nitpick, you'll save 78 EVs by running Timid nature on Deoxys-S, so definitely change your EV-spread.

I agree with Irak, Gyarados is a huge threat to your team. I'll also claim that your Celebi is pretty much useless. It's pretty much setup fodder and is a terrible Pokémon to be left with at the end of a game. You'll also need Grass Knot to handle Gyarados as even through you'd scare it out you'll have to face it again later.

Without a antispinner it's pretty much a waste of time setting up all your entry hazards. Why not run Scarfgar in favor of Celebi? This would give you a good option against Gyarados, and you will block Rapid Spin. It isn't really sturdy though, so Spiritomb or Dusknoir is basically two better options. Dusknoir is also a somewhat good Gyarados counter, actually.

Something else to note is that your team doesn't really appreciate status in general, especially not a sleep. Bronzong is the most common sleep inducer I believe, but is always going to put atleast one Pokémon to sleep before it dies. Therefore, Lum Berry is definitely worth some consideration on Magnezone.

Hmm, swapping out Celebi for Dusknoir does sound rather interesting. I'll be certain to give that one a test run.
As far as Bronzong is concerned; it tends to be a lead. I then Taunt it because it ALWAYS tries to set up SRock or Hypnosis. Then I swap to Magnezone. If it isn't a lead, then I switch in on the SRock. I never actually had any Bronzong sleep any of my pokes yet due to Taunt and the fact that it seems to favor SRock. Although Gengar, on the other hand, is a bit of a nuisance. Maybe Dusknoir could be suited to sop up his sleep assaults.
By the by, the only Spinner I've seen lately is Forretress. Dunno how representative that is but it often comes in right after I put in a few layers (Not even ALL my spiking work), so its easy kill for Magnezone.

Thanks NEC :)

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
Starmie is currently more common then Forretress, and personally I'd see it on about every team nowdays.

Oh, and even through Bronzong currently is the most used lead, over 50% actually doesn't use it as a lead.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44003

Lum Berry on Magnezone is really just an extra option you got if Bronzong begin to cause some trouble to you, though. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)