LC Skorupi

[OVERVIEW]
Skorupi manages to establish a niche for itself thanks to Toxic Spikes, its good Speed and Defense, and its decent defensive typing. However, the rest of its stats are subpar, its typing leaves it vulnerable to common Pokemon like Abra and Ponyta, and its niche as a Toxic Spikes user is better fulfilled by Pokemon like Mareanie. It is even further hindered by the prevalence of Poison-types in LC, such as Foongus, Grimer-Alola, and Croagunk, which can often switch into Toxic Spikes and absorb them.

[SET]
name: Team Support
move 1: Toxic Spikes
move 2: Taunt
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Poison Jab
item: Eviolite
ability: Battle Armor
nature: Jolly
evs: 196 HP / 36 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Skorupi’s defensive typing lets it check several key threats such as Mienfoo, Foongus, Spritzee, and Ferroseed and provide utility through hazards, Taunt, or Knock Off. However, it has a poor matchup against opposing Stealth Rock users due to its weakness to Rock and inability to hit most of them for much damage. Additionally, Toxic Spikes are generally not as valuable as other hazards and there are better Toxic Spikers in LC, such as Omanyte and Mareanie, as well as better ways to dissuade hazards, like Taunt Onix.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[zizalith,410251]]
- Quality checked by: [[fiend,208173], [Merritt,213064]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Electrolyte,148071]]

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[overview]
i would order it foongus, grimer-a, croagunk for their mentions, since that's roughly descending order of importance/viability/usage
redundant isn't the correct word. unproductive is the most succinct way to say it, i think.

[set]
rename it either toxic spiker or utility or something else. suicide lead skorupi is a bad premise.

[set comments]
this almost entirely needs to be rewritten since we're not calling skorupi a suicide lead. it has a half decent typing for dealing with foongus/timburr/mienfoo/spritzee/ferro so i would move its emphasis to that. it can stop hazards with taunt and get up a t spike fairly successfully. but the sr weakness and losing to most sr users is a big downside you need to keep in there. i would focus more on better t spikers (oma, even pineco) and better ways to dissuade hazards (taunt onix)

[credits]
only 2 for QC and 1 for GP dude

i won't stamp bc the set comment changes, but i'll be around for the next while to stamp once you fix this.

e: QC: 1/2

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
[OVERVIEW]
fine, though I don't think the word you're looking for is unproductive

[SET]
ok

[SET COMMENTS]
team support instead of utility in the first sentence. Mareanie instead of Pineco (just a general viability thing) and Omastar is not LC, you want Omanyte.

[CREDITS]
ok

2/2

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ayo ziz

add remove (comments)
[OVERVIEW]
Skorupi manages to establish a niche for itself thanks to Toxic Spikes,(AC) and its good Speed and Defense,(AC) and a its decent defensive typing. However, the rest of its stats are subpar, its typing leaves it vulnerable to common Pokemon like Abra and Ponyta, and there are more reliable Toxic Spikes users, its niche as a Toxic Spikes user is better fulfilled by Pokemon (parallelism) like Mareanie. It is even further hindered by Not to mention that the prevalence of Poison-types in LC, such as Foongus, Grimer-Alola, and Croagunk, which can often switch into Toxic Spikes and absorb them.

[SET]
name: Team Support
move 1: Toxic Spikes
move 2: Taunt
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Poison Jab
item: Eviolite
ability: Battle Armor
nature: Jolly
evs: 196 HP / 36 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Skorupi’s defensive typing lets it check several key threats(RC) such as Mienfoo, Foongus, Spritzee, and Ferroseed and provide utility through hazards, Taunt, or Knock Off. However, it has a poor matchup against opposing Stealth Rock users due to its weakness to Rock and inability to hit most of them for much damage. Additionally, Toxic Spikes are generally not as valuable as other hazards and there are better Toxic Spikers in LC, such as Omanyte and Mareanie, as well as better ways to dissuade hazards, like Taunt Onix.
GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)