Six of the best

Me again with yet another rate my team as i can enver find a tema that i compleatly happy with along with one of the most fun parts of pokemon is maknig teams and trying them out.

recently i made aobut 3/4 diff teasm trying them out and so far they all be failing badly. So i said to myself "What am i doing wrong?" i was picking standerd poke's and sets and it just wasent working for me so i decided to go as standerd as possible using the top 6 used pokes last month ( using dougs stats) and see where i go from there

The Six

The six top used pokemon of OU and it already looks like a good team the problem is what set to use for each as they can all run more then one very effective one not to mention who will be my lead as all there are known best for there attacking power. Now i have to decide what sets are possible for this team out of all thire possible ones

Viable sets

Choice band or SD
Choice band/scarf, DD or lead
Mixmenace or DD
Scarf, Sub or Lead
Scarf/Specs, 3 Attacks CM
DD or Res-T-alk

Ok so ive decided on what sets i should use baised on the members and keeping momentium which will be expained in detail now

The team

Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Hidden Power [Grass]

Lead heatran is new to me and so far i have to say im impressed he has been a fairly reliable lead so far getting rocks up often and putting holes in the other team im using HP grass over BOOM! as swampert if a huge pain in the ass to this team and dealing 83.2% - 98% to the standerd mixpert lead meaning is he switches out then he will be so crippled he cant do much more most of the time against standerd taunt leads ( aero and azelf ) i FB/HPgrass the 1st turn and if untaunted i rocks on the 2nd so far i not ran into an infernape lead but if i did then i would jsut switch to gyra to take the fakeout.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 148 HP/252 Atk/108 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
U-turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

Choice band scizor was chosen to keep momentium with U-turn and to pick off weak pokemon and keep gengar/rotom/latias away a bit so far as exepcted hes been exactly as i expected, The EV's are more special defencive so i cant take a LO starmies hydropump(71.1% - 84%) and ko back with pursuit

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk/252 Spd/24 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

DDmenace is such a force as after a DD it becomes insanely powerful outspeeding and KO'ing a huge amount of opposing monsters fireblast and earthquake provide good coverage with Outrage meaning very few can come in on this and wall it and with him ive got a fair few late game sweeps

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Earthquake

Scarf Ttar is such a good pokemon it can revenge Starmie, latias, gengar and rotom to name a few who otherwise would give my team problems and fits in nicely with gyra as i bring gyra out then instantly go to this guy as they bring in thure fast thunderbolter jsut to get pursuited/crunched to death Earthquake is for coverage along side STAB stone edge

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Draco Meteor
Surf
Thunderbolt
Trick
Scarf lati is my main answer to DD menace along with fucking up rest talkers with trick i tend to use surf more then any other atack as that dose decent damage to the main switch ins of scizor and Ttar along with other steels

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Earthquake

ok lets clear up the 1st thing bite.... yes thats right i useing bite as the main switch in's to gyra are latias starmie gengar rotom who are all weak to dark hence bite taking a reasonable chunk off all of them without a DD as soon as the main counter for gyra is ellinated i can come in again and set up and cause major havoc as after a DD a waterfall from this thing is like a wrecking ball just putting holes in just about everything.

Threat List
------------------------------------------------------------------

• Green means they are not a problem for me.
  • Orange means they can cause a bit of trouble.
  • Red means they are very difficult to take down.
Offensive Threats
Aerodactyl :
HP grass form heatran kills it
---
Alakazam :
Lots of pursuit
---
Azelf :
Scarftar
---
Breloom :
This thing gives my team hell as if it gets a sub up i have real problem killing it i have too U-turn with siczor and then go to menace to hope fireblast hits
---
Dragonite :
Menace and Latias
---
Dugtrio :
Latias Gyra
---
Electivire :
Scarf Ttar and only 1 lelctric attack meaning ahrd for it to get a boost
---
Empoleon :
Latias Ttar
---
Flygon :
Latias
---
Gengar :
Ttar Scizor
---
Gyarados :
Latias Ttar
---
Heatran :
Leadtran Sr then earthpower
: Scarftran lati and Ttar
---
Heracross :
Lati but could cause problems
---
Infernape :
Latias Gyra
---
Jirachi :
Ttar Menace
---
Jolteon :
Ttar latias
---
Kingdra :
Latias
---
Latias :
Scizor Ttar
---
Lucario :
Ttar gyra
---
Machamp :
Latias can smach it with draco meteor then take a payback/icepunch to the face then something can come in and revenge but thats all i got
---
Magnezone:
Ttar and menace on non scarf
---
Mamoswine :
Never see but Gyrados and Scizor keep it in cheak
---
Metagross :
Ttar Menace
---
Porygon-Z :
Never see latias Ttar
---
Rhyperior :
Never see Latias
---
Salamence :
Latias scizor
---
Scizor :
Gyrados Heatran
---
Starmie :
Ttar scizor
---
Togekiss :
Gyra Ttar Latias
---
Tyranitar :
Ttar scizor
---
Weavile :
If scizors dead and gyra taken damage then gg but hardly ever see
---
Yanmega :
Heatran Latias

Defensive Threat List:

Blissey :
Lots of physical and trick from latias
---
Bronzong :
Heatran Menace
---
Celebi :
menace Ttar scizor
---
Cresselia :
Ttar siczor
---
Donphan :
Never see but gyra
---
Forretress :
Latias Menace
---
Gliscor :
Gyra Latias Scizor
---
Hippowdon :
Latias
---
Skarmory :
Menace heatran Latias
---
Snorlax :
Ttar Scizor
---
Suicune: can trick crocune with a scarf other then that jsut gotta chip away at it
---
Swampert :
Heatran other then that it can be a problem
---
Tentacruel :
Latias
---
Vaporeon :
Trick from lati/TB other then that can be hard
---
Zapdos :
Ttar Latias
---

I don't have many suggestions, seeing as this is a well constructed team.

Gyarados - I see no use in bite. Bounce/Ice Fang would be much more useful. Instead of using bite on the predicted switch you can just use Dragon Dance. After a DD Waterfall does more damage to Rotom, and Gengar than Bite ever could. Bounce/Ice Fang can be use for Latias, and Bounce hurts Starmie bad as well. With Leftovers, Bounce becomes mouch more useful. Allowing you to get a free turn of Leftovers recovery.

Choice Items - You have 3 choice users on your team. Switching could become problematic as it would allow you to be KOed easier. I feel that you should change one of your choice user to a boosting sweeper.

It's a good team. Those are the only suggestions I have to make.

Honestly in my experience, you should use choice specs latias if your going to choice him at all.
It punches such huge holes in teams, especially on steel types, that you can make a runaway sweep with salamence.
Between that, Uturn, and Scarf tar to clean up the pieces, you have a good team, though not very original. The sad thing is that the synergy is still pretty decent enough to be exceptional.
The only thing is, there is no one that can take Rock attacks. Maybe replace heatran or scizor with another steel type who can take rock attacks. Scizor is useful, but honestly with the runaway sweeping power with nearly everyone on this team, you could even use metagross. The agility set is powerful indeed and can cause havoc.
Electric attacks can be a problem as well, as only latias can take them. Luckily you have tar with its sky high sp Def.

Anyways, im rambling.. Good team, maybe consider metagross over either heatran for the lead slot, or over scizor. It will take away a choice user if over scizor. Good luck on your battling, and dont be afraid to make changes outside the top 6.

Hey, I'd liek to stop by for a couple nitpicks that may be helpful.

You have ScarfTar. You say ScarfTar revenges Starmie, Rotom-A, Gengar, and Latias. You say those 4 pokemon switch in on Gyarados to counter it. My question is: Why is your reasoning for using Bite on an OFFENSIVE DD Gyarados used for the exact same reason: killing off the counters? Tyranitar should revenge kill them before Gyarados is sent out, or if Gyarados sets up and one of the 4 pokemon appear, Tyranitar can take the Thunderbolt and OHKO with Pursuit / Crunch. There is absolutely no reason for you to use Bite on Gyarados when you have a ScarfTar. Gyarados should be using Ice Fang for Latias, Salamence, and Gliscor, or a combo of Waterfall / Return / Earthquake for absolute perfect coverage (Waterfall / Return is resisted by Empoleon).

Since you have Tyranitar to revenge non-scarfed threats whom you have mentioned, Scarf Latias is redundant, as Scizor handles DD Salamence and DD Gyarados doesn't pose such a big threat anyway. I would like to repeat what has been suggested: Specs Latias. The Draco Meteor off of her is devastating: not even Vaporeon or Skarmory like switching in on it. It punches massive holes as already mentioned. It also destroys Machamp and Suicune, who you say you have problems with. If you don't want another Choicer, Bait Latias is also an excellent moveset for the team. All I know is you want to keep Latias quite offensive and take the Scarf off.

That's all I'd like to say, I hope this helped. Good luck with the team!

Hi. This is a pretty decent team in my opinion even though you are using a very standard team. With a few tweaks it can be made even better.

The biggest problem is the lack of synergy. By synergy, I don't mean that your Pokemons don't resist all the types. The issue here is Tyranitar's Sandstorm and the Life Orbs with 252/252 EV Spreads on Gyarados and Salamence. You lack a Rapid Spinner so Gyarados and Salamence will be taking 25% (SR) + 10% (LO) + 6% (SS) = 41% everytime they switch-in and attack, and that's assuming the opponent doesn't hit you on the switch. This means Gyarados and Salamence won't even have time to setup a DD and attack before getting killed.

Now that I've told you what your first problem is, let's move on to your Scizor weakness. Since Heatran is your lead and Gyarados and Salamence won't even be able to last, Scizor will shred your team to pieces especially CB Scizor that can spam U-Turn during the whole match while building momentum and switching to the appropriate counter. Also, every time you get a kill with Latias, Tyranitar and Salamence, the opponent will switch-in Scizor for the revenge kill.

Now to remedy this we have to replace Latias with a Rapid Spin Starmie in order to spin away SR before switching Salamence and Gyarados onto the field The change isn't such a big one as both of these Pokemon counter similar threats such as Heatran, and MixApe for example. The difference is that Starmie will make your two Dragon Dancers last a lot longer

Now, to solve your Scizor weakness that we've already reduced enormously with the change to Starmie, we've got to change Salamence and Gyarados' sets, items and EV Spreads. On Salamence, simply add Roost over Earthquake to increase Salamence's survivability.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant / Intimidate
156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Moves: DD / Waterfall / Earthquake / Taunt

Use this set on Gyarados for numerous reasons. First of all, the increase in survivability and second of all the threats you check with this simple moveset change. Now, it solves your Scizor weakness and provides a solid switch-in to any move it has to offer. Your only answer to Lucario is by revenge killing with Scarf Tyranitar which isn't very reliable, with clever switch-ins you won't have any problems with it. Lastly, it's a great answer to Stall as it sets up with ease and sweeps (Your only answer to Stall was Salamence which isn't very reliable because it is predictable and the opponent can predict)

Well, that's my rate Good Luck with your team.

edit: forgot to mention, bulky gyara helps against Machamp which you highlited in red in your threat list

Now to remedy this we have to replace Latias with a Rapid Spin Starmie in order to spin away SR before switching Salamence and Gyarados onto the field The change isn't such a big one as both of these Pokemon counter similar threats such as Heatran, and MixApe for example. The difference is that Starmie will make your two Dragon Dancers last a lot longer

Now, to solve your Scizor weakness that we've already reduced enormously with the change to Starmie, we've got to change Salamence and Gyarados' sets, items and EV Spreads. On Salamence, simply add Roost over Earthquake to increase Salamence's survivability.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant / Intimidate
156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Moves: DD / Waterfall / Earthquake / Taunt

Use this set on Gyarados for numerous reasons. First of all, the increase in survivability and second of all the threats you check with this simple moveset change. Now, it solves your Scizor weakness and provides a solid switch-in to any move it has to offer. Your only answer to Lucario is by revenge killing with Scarf Tyranitar which isn't very reliable, with clever switch-ins you won't have any problems with it. Lastly, it's a great answer to Stall as it sets up with ease and sweeps (Your only answer to Stall was Salamence which isn't very reliable because it is predictable and the opponent can predict)

Well, that's my rate Good Luck with your team.

edit: forgot to mention, bulky gyara helps against Machamp which you highlited in red in your threat list
1st of all ty for the rate i appreichate it ( with bad spelling >.<) i will give starmie a test and see how it dose over latias and with the bulky gyra i have used it to great sucess before and was condcidering switching to it as so far its been the least useful memeber of me team so ill tes tthem out adn update the main post later on after i made up my mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)