VGC Singles VGC RMT Team

This is a team for online ranked so I'm not going by showdown rules here.

Cinderace (M) Life Orb
Blaze
Jolly nature
Ivs: All but Sp.atk hyper trained
Evs: 252 atk 252 speed 4 defense
-Pyro Bal
-Bounce
-Sucker punch
-High Jump Kick

The literal star of the team because he's my shiny, I always believe in only running one shiny because I want to have that one stand out from the rest of my team instead of them all being shiny like I'm some kind of hacker. But that is just my personal reason for it being shiny not why its on the team xD. So Cinderace is here to be my dynamax pokemon, not that that role doesn't get swapped around depending on the situation, but in most battles I prefer to Dynamax cinderace get the speed boost with max air stream and then the attack boost with max knuckle. Even when not dynamaxed bounce works as a way to stall a turn of the other pokemons dynamax and sometimes lands the paralyze which has turned the battle around at times. high jump kick takes snorlax out most of the time, and gets cloyster to use its sash, which is when sucker punch comes in to finish it off (of course if I'm lucky enough to not miss the jump kick that is) Pryo ball is the obvious staple stab move, sets up the sun when its needed.

Excadrill (M) @ focus sash
Mold breaker
Jolly
Ivs: All hyper trained
Ecs: 252 atk 252 speed 4 defense
-Rock Tomb
-swords dance
-Iron head
-Earthquake

excadrill is here to give mimikyu and rotom wash/heat something to fear, their abilities being useless. Rock tomb is there to break opposing excadrill sashs while lowering their speed so excadrill can finish them next turn before the other excadrill can. The other moves are pretty self explanitory, except swords dance, its there for max gaurd when I decide to dynamax him instead of cinderace.

Rotom-Mow @ leftovers
Levitate
Timid
Ivs: All best
Evs 252 sp atk 252 speed 4 hp
-Thunderbolt
-Nasty plot
-volt switch
-leafstorm

Rotom is here for gyrados and quagsire, aswell as any other water and ground types we may have to worry about. unfortunately gyrados max air stream lets im outspeed rotom so it can be tricky to get the one shot off, nasty plot is there to gain sp.atk we will lose from leaf storm, and in the very rare scenario I dynamax him for max guard.

Dracovish @ChoiceBand
Adamant
Ivs All Hyper trained
Evs: 252 atk 252 speed 4 def
-ice fang
-Fishious Rend
-Earthquake
-leech life

All tremble before the power of the almighty fish! But seriously though dracovish is very powerful, and hes a perfect fit for a strong water type to cover my teams glaring weakness to ground, rock and fire. I have been debating switching choice band for choice scarf, but I have it on the next pokemon and I'm not sure if I should swap them.

Galarian Darmanitan (F) Choice Scarf
Gorilla tactics
Jolly
Ivs: All best except defense
evs: 252 atk 252 speed 4 hp
-Icicle Crash
-Earthquake
-Flare Blitz
-U-Turn

Darmanitan is here for dragpult and flying types, and honestly he just hits really damn hard and its always good to have him on the team. Oter than that I don't have much reason for him being here.

Sylveon (M) Throat spray
Modest
Pixilate
Ivs: All but attack and speed are best
Evs: 252 sp. atk 252 speed 4 hp
-Hyper Voice
-Wish
-Protect
-Calm Mind

Sylveon is my hydragon and tyranitar killer, but overall I just wanted a fairy to round out the team and I needed another special attacker besides just rotom. Calm mind is there for if I need to set up, wish and protect to regain health and pixilate for that powerful fairy hypervoice.

Overall I feel my team has some type gaps it fails to match, togekiss are still a problem, I usally have to set up a max airstream before they do then go for max flare, mainly because I don't want to activate weakness policy, if I fail to outspeed dragapult he sweeps my team, max darkness doesn't get the job done from cinderace (if the dragapult is dynamaxed) unless I managed to get a max knuckle off first. If you guys have any suggestions to make this team more solid with less gaps in type match up, and able to check some of the common ranked threats for singles please help me out.

Singles VGC doesn't exist. I think you mean Battle Stadium Singles (BSS). Anyway I have literally zero experience in gen 8 BSS so I don't really have any team change suggestions. You're more likely to have someone who can help if you get rid of VGC in your thread title and flair though. It does seem at least that you've considered the more common threats like Dragapult, Mimikyu and Togekiss I guess.

Also with Shiny dens, nature mints, ability capsules and hyper training, getting competitive viable shinies in game is incredibly easy so you really shouldn't assume shiny mons are genned nowadays.

Also there is no such thing as 'showdown rules'. Showdown is an emulator you can use to play many formats on, including VGC and BSS. You mean smogon singles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)