Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

What are the best pheramosa counters that can easily fit on a team?
for reference, the team i have right now is gengar-clefable-rotomw-landorus-latios-ferrothorn.

What are the best pheramosa counters that can easily fit on a team?
for reference, the team i have right now is gengar-clefable-rotomw-landorus-latios-ferrothorn.
Clefable itself does a decent job if Pheromosa lacks Poison Jab, but why are you using zero SM mons?

Alolan Marowak is the most common offensive answer to Pheromosa, resisting all of its best moves bar HP Ground. Toxapex completely walls Pheromosa even if it does have HP Ground, but it doesn't really fit on non-stall teams. Mantine and Tapu Fini are other solid defensive checks.

Bold cm checks most phero sets nicely but choiced poison jab can break through. Even stealth rock clef which is probably the better set right now Can beat most sets if you don't like calm mind to much. Both zards and magerna check phero easy to. Since you have latios you could easily pair zard y

not to try to be rude or anything but my issue is still unresolved. Pokebank is the worst thing to ever happen to me. I can't even crack 1200 in OU now and I used to get up into 1500's before. Why is this happening to me? please help. I have been banned everywhere I have tried to ask for help. I'm not trying to come off in a bad way but i'm highly frustrated with the way things are going.

not to try to be rude or anything but my issue is still unresolved. Pokebank is the worst thing to ever happen to me. I can't even crack 1200 in OU now and I used to get up into 1500's before. Why is this happening to me? please help. I have been banned everywhere I have tried to ask for help. I'm not trying to come off in a bad way but i'm highly frustrated with the way things are going.
The fact of the matter is, pre-bank ou and post-bank ou are two completely different metagames. Getting to the 1500s in one doesn't at all mean you'll do the same in the other. It will take time for you to learn this new meta, and this can only be achieved through practice practice practice, just like with any other meta, tier, or even any other game. Don't expect to immediately be very successful, it will take time. During that time, you can get a feel for how this post-bank meta works through the Viability Ranking thread here, keep up with the meta through the Metagame thread here, and have your teams critiqued in the RMT subforum here (after reading the rmt forum rules). Don't be put off if nothing happens immediately, everyone has to start somewhere.

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but here goes nothing....

So, the ability Analytic boosts attack power by 30% if the user moves last, right?
Well, say the opponent switches, and the pokemon with Analytic (Say, Starmie) is the only pokemon to attack
Wouldn't this mean Starmie is the first AND last poekmon to attack? So, does Starmie's attack do more damage, or is it counted as normal?

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but here goes nothing....

So, the ability Analytic boosts attack power by 30% if the user moves last, right?
Well, say the opponent switches, and the pokemon with Analytic (Say, Starmie) is the only pokemon to attack
Wouldn't this mean Starmie is the first AND last poekmon to attack? So, does Starmie's attack do more damage, or is it counted as normal?
It does increased damage if the opponent switches.

I know this is not the best place to ask for this but does anyone have a link to the webpage with all the old mons that got buffed and the list of of new moves/egg moves old mons got?

Why is everybody using Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast on Zard Y nowadays? I thought that Fire Blast was better but it was on ORAS, did Flamethrower become better in SM for whatever reason? Also is Timid Flamethrower the correct thing to do? Apparently people used Modest on their Flamethrower Zards, what does Timid outspeed nowadays and could you tell me if putting Timid Flame Zard Y is indeed the best idea and why.

Why is everybody using Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast on Zard Y nowadays? I thought that Fire Blast was better but it was on ORAS, did Flamethrower become better in SM for whatever reason? Also is Timid Flamethrower the correct thing to do? Apparently people used Modest on their Flamethrower Zards, what does Timid outspeed nowadays and could you tell me if putting Timid Flame Zard Y is indeed the best idea and why.
Timid is preffer because outspending below 100 base speed is very important and Flamethrower is generally used due to the fact that zard Y already hits incredibly hard under the sun and Fire blast's accuracy is unreliable.

The fact of the matter is, pre-bank ou and post-bank ou are two completely different metagames. Getting to the 1500s in one doesn't at all mean you'll do the same in the other. It will take time for you to learn this new meta, and this can only be achieved through practice practice practice, just like with any other meta, tier, or even any other game. Don't expect to immediately be very successful, it will take time. During that time, you can get a feel for how this post-bank meta works through the Viability Ranking thread here, keep up with the meta through the Metagame thread here, and have your teams critiqued in the RMT subforum here (after reading the rmt forum rules). Don't be put off if nothing happens immediately, everyone has to start somewhere.
How do I put it all together? Honestly, I struggle so hard to make a team DESPITE having read the resources and reading many other things. I'm at a point now where I don't even know where to start when I go to make my team. What do I use and if I use X Pokemon, how will i fill out the rest of my team? It always seems like the teams I attempt always encounter something they can't beat while the pros have all the answers somehow in regards to their team builds.

My confidence is very low right now and many have suggested I just quit. I do not want to though and hope someone can help me through the problems I face with learning Pokemon. Thanks.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
How do I put it all together? Honestly, I struggle so hard to make a team DESPITE having read the resources and reading many other things. I'm at a point now where I don't even know where to start when I go to make my team. What do I use and if I use X Pokemon, how will i fill out the rest of my team? It always seems like the teams I attempt always encounter something they can't beat while the pros have all the answers somehow in regards to their team builds.

My confidence is very low right now and many have suggested I just quit. I do not want to though and hope someone can help me through the problems I face with learning Pokemon. Thanks.
Yo, don't give up just yet. The SM meta is still kinda new and understanding a new meta enough to build a successful team is a hard task, even more if you didn't understand the ORAS meta. I'd recommend you to take a team from the OU Bazaar thread and just go ahead and play and keep playing, watch some youtubers and pay attention at their thought process during a battle and try to copy that, you'll eventually get better. I used to be a mediocre player last year but after playing a lot I feel like I'm a decent player (I usually stay in the 1600's and peaked top10 in oras, although ladder ratings doesn't always mean skill). Just don't lose hope and don't forget this is a game. Good Luck :)

If duggy is banned, will stall become unviable?
No. The stall + trapper archetype will still exist with Pursuit trappers like Weaville and reorganization to compensate for the different trapping targets of weaville (or bandtar or w/e) vs Dugtrio. It might become less widespread though.

Yo, don't give up just yet. The SM meta is still kinda new and understanding a new meta enough to build a successful team is a hard task, even more if you didn't understand the ORAS meta. I'd recommend you to take a team from the OU Bazaar thread and just go ahead and play and keep playing, watch some youtubers and pay attention at their thought process during a battle and try to copy that, you'll eventually get better. I used to be a mediocre player last year but after playing a lot I feel like I'm a decent player (I usually stay in the 1600's and peaked top10 in oras, although ladder ratings doesn't always mean skill). Just don't lose hope and don't forget this is a game. Good Luck :)
I have tried your suggestion but it does not serve me very well as the sets are weird to me and do not fit what I like. I find myself not understanding the team too well in addition to the fact there are stuff i would not run. It's impossible to win more than 3 games in a row because there are just too many pokemon to account for now.

Sorry for wasting your time though. I don't wish to be banned from this site too so i'll just be on my way.

Hey quick question - I've heard some rumors about us getting our hands on some previously unavailable mega stones this Friday? Is that true? And if so - which mega stones will be made available? I'd hope that it'd be every single one, but I don't really know any of the details of the mega stones being released, or even if there's any validity in it.

Hey quick question - I've heard some rumors about us getting our hands on some previously unavailable mega stones this Friday? Is that true? And if so - which mega stones will be made available? I'd hope that it'd be every single one, but I don't really know any of the details of the mega stones being released, or even if there's any validity in it.
Beedrillite and Mawilite are coming as battle competition sign-up prizes this month in sun/moon. Nintendo have announced the rest will come eventually and gradually through similar methods.

Can someone point me to the right thread to ask about a set idea i have and if it can work and how to make it work?
Honestly this is probably the best place to ask as long as it's not a ton of sets. There's a creative set thread within the OU forum but that's more reserved for creative sets which are known to be useful.

Honestly this is probably the best place to ask as long as it's not a ton of sets. There's a creative set thread within the OU forum but that's more reserved for creative sets which are known to be useful.
Ok well i was thinking of a set with toxapex and salazzle as the core running of off merciless and then salazzles ability to posion steel and poison types for doubles

Sorry if this has been asked before (my search-fu is weak): Why are Greninja and Ash-Greninja ranked separately? Wouldn't they be considered the same pokemon with different abilities? I am asking for any type of draft league, and if they should be considered 2 different pokemon in that situation. Thanks everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)