Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having some trouble finding the Destiny Knot. I have battled the trainers Lois&Hal several times now and I haven't got the destiny knot yet. I have completed the Delta episode. Is there anything else I need to do first?
Nope, just sit in front of them when they want a rematch, save, then reset if they don't give you the Destiny Knot. All items the trainers give are rarely given, I believe, so this is probably the 'quickest' way to get any of them.

Something I'm curious of is if I change the time on my 3DS clock, will that lock me out of any time/day specific legendaries like Terrakion or Uxie?

Nope, just sit in front of them when they want a rematch, save, then reset if they don't give you the Destiny Knot. All items the trainers give are rarely given, I believe, so this is probably the 'quickest' way to get any of them.

Something I'm curious of is if I change the time on my 3DS clock, will that lock me out of any time/day specific legendaries like Terrakion or Uxie?
I am not sure about those specific legendaries in which soaring is involved, but I know Regigigas is only encountered during the day, so I tried changing the time on my 3DS but he didn't show up when I got all the other requirements as well.

I am not sure about those specific legendaries in which soaring is involved, but I know Regigigas is only encountered during the day, so I tried changing the time on my 3DS but he didn't show up when I got all the other requirements as well.
If you change the clock in your 2/3DS, all clock-based events are stopped for 24 hours. This has been true since DS games, at least in Pokémon.

About the couple, I didn't know they are rare items. I got them in my first rematch, that happened two minutes after the first battle.

If you change the clock in your 2/3DS, all clock-based events are stopped for 24 hours. This has been true since DS games, at least in Pokémon.

About the couple, I didn't know they are rare items. I got them in my first rematch, that happened two minutes after the first battle.
So you're saying that if I were to set the day to one where for example Terrakion would appear from the Pathless Plain, it's not going to happen? Well that's a bummer...

I'm curious, does anyone know the exact value of how many EVs you get when asking one of your Secret Pals to EV Train one of your Pokemon ("Do some exercise" is the dialogue option picked).

I posted this in the wi-fi and OI sections and got no replies. Hopefully someone will be able to help here. I'd like to continue my OR adventure :/

I downloaded omega ruby onto an SD card I've had for some years. Everything has worked fine until now. On Friday I used pokebank, saved and went to sleep. Yesterday I tried to play and it said my save file was corrupted. But I didn't use my 3DS on Saturday! I didn't take the SD card out even once either. Anyone knows what happened? And - most importantly - if there's anything I can do to retrieve my save data? If I had been manipulating the SD card a lot I could understand, but this literally came out of the nowhere...

So you're saying that if I were to set the day to one where for example Terrakion would appear from the Pathless Plain, it's not going to happen? Well that's a bummer...
Exactly, any event won't happen for 24 hours. berry growth is stopped, massage and other daily things are stopped, and day-based events won't happen. All for 24 hours.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I posted this in the wi-fi and OI sections and got no replies. Hopefully someone will be able to help here. I'd like to continue my OR adventure :/

I downloaded omega ruby onto an SD card I've had for some years. Everything has worked fine until now. On Friday I used pokebank, saved and went to sleep. Yesterday I tried to play and it said my save file was corrupted. But I didn't use my 3DS on Saturday! I didn't take the SD card out even once either. Anyone knows what happened? And - most importantly - if there's anything I can do to retrieve my save data? If I had been manipulating the SD card a lot I could understand, but this literally came out of the nowhere...
This was the best I could find on the issue http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/66604889

gamefaqs probably isn't the most reliable but the post #5 seemed pretty knowledgeable.

So I know this has been asked and answered many times but I can't find the answer and I feel stupid for it.

Where does Kyogre respawn?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I know this has been asked and answered many times but I can't find the answer and I feel stupid for it.

Same spot. You take a left after entering the Cave of Origin instead of looping around downwards to reach it.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

In the Cave of Origin, but not way down the bottom like where you originally encountered it. Enter the cave like normal and take the first entrance on the left (that path was previously blocked by rocks)

edit: karx2fast4me

edit 2: the time stamp says my post was a minute before Karxrida's wth

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
So, can someone explain the methods of acquiring the Eon Ticket for North America? I haven't heard anything about this except it's distributed via streetpass. Where exactly is it being distributed?

So, can someone explain the methods of acquiring the Eon Ticket for North America? I haven't heard anything about this except it's distributed via streetpass. Where exactly is it being distributed?
It was distributed in a few places in late November, but now you have to Streetpass someone who already has it to get it yourself and tap the latest alerts button on BuzzNav.

Reactions: Xen
Does anybody know what Secret Flygon Man says when he gives you Garchompite?
Yes. After the usual RANK UP text he goes:

S-seriously?
[Secret Base Team Name]![Secret Base Team Name]!!!
You guys have finally reached Platinum Rank! I've never seen anything so super!
That's it! I'm giving my best ever certificate to the best ever team! [Platinum Flag get]
And I've got a gift for the best ever team, too! [Confetti Ball get]
And I'll give you this fella too. It doesn't do a thing for me and my loyal Flygon here...
But you get the adventure of battle so I figure you ought to be up for it. [Garchompite get]
There's nothing more I can even say. You are a secret base master! Stop by here any time.

Say I got beldum mystery gift first, then Eon ticket. I want to reset for beldum later, but I want to get the Eon ticket first. Is it possible to choose which gift to receive first?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Say I got beldum mystery gift first, then Eon ticket. I want to reset for beldum later, but I want to get the Eon ticket first. Is it possible to choose which gift to receive first?
You get them in the order you picked them up. So Beldum First, Latios second.

I just turned on my Buzz Nav and got 30 street passes where I also get a lot of cool Mirage spots. Do these spots last forever or do I have to explore them all? I have 30 mins till 12AM

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You get them in the order you picked them up. So Beldum First, Latios second.
In XY you can go into Mystery Gift from the Main Menu and browse your Wondercards, from there you can change their order which changes the order you receive them in the Pokemon Center. I would assume you could do this in ORAS as well (I did this so I could SR Diancie before the Pokeball Vivillon I had waiting for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)