Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers: OM Edition

Will there be cooldown for LCotMs? Because I don't think it's fair for a meta have the same amount of cooldown as OMotM when one have ladder and one is challenge only.
No. LC isn't affected by cooldown and can be nominated for OMotM the next month. As for LCotM itself, we're probably not going to pick the same thing two months in a row. I could set an actual cooldown of three months for LCotM, I guess, which is half of the OMotM cooldown.

If a metagame idea is in the "everything else" section of the rejected metagames post in the index, is a variation of the idea allowed? for example, making a variation of hazards work on your primary type and changing it to work on the secondary type.

EDIT: also, do our posts in the 6 other metagames Cary onto Gen 7 for submitting metagames?

Last edited:
Why isn't there a permanent BH Doubles ladder? Gen 7 has a lot of cool new doubles abilities I'd like to experiment with (a pair of Dancers with Quiver Dance and Revelation Dance sound like fun).

Why isn't there a permanent BH Doubles ladder? Gen 7 has a lot of cool new doubles abilities I'd like to experiment with (a pair of Dancers with Quiver Dance and Revelation Dance sound like fun).
I moved this question here. I've actually been thinking about adding BH Doubles as a challenge format. BH is the premier OM and it's about time it expanded to Doubles. Permanent ladder is definitely out of the question. BH Doubles hasn't established to itself to that level. Perhaps if it becomes successful this generation we can consider it.

Why is Water Bubble banned in AAA? I figure it's because the ability is a little OP but the AAA thread doesn't mention Water Bubble's brokenness in specific detail.

Conni

katharsis
Hi, I'm new to the OM community and I plan to be much more active here after my hiatus, but I just have one question that may be obvious, but I don't really seem to get it at all lol.

reserved for V/R
In the quote above, what does it mean to "reserve Viability Rankings"?

Thanks for your time to answer this question!

Hi, I'm new to the OM community and I plan to be much more active here after my hiatus, but I just have one question that may be obvious, but I don't really seem to get it at all lol.

In the quote above, what does it mean to "reserve Viability Rankings"?

Thanks for your time to answer this question!
After the main post of a meta, the owner/council members may reserve the post(s) after it for resources, which they may add later by editing the said post.

Conni

katharsis
After the min post of a meta, the owner/council members may reserve the post(s) after it for resources, which they may add later by editing the said post.
When they reserve the post for resources, what is it for? Do they reserve it because they want to take manage the topic or something else? Sorry if there is something very obvious I'm not getting

Sobi

Banned deucer.
When they reserve the post for resources, what is it for? Do they reserve it because they want to take manage the topic or something else? Sorry if there is something very obvious I'm not getting
basically, the first post of a metagame thread is usually an introduction to the meta's mechanics, rules, etc. the couple posts after that are "reserved" for key resources, such as sample teams and viability rankings. the reason for this is because they need to be as close to the beginning of the thread as possible so newcomers can access them easily. if you don't reserve said resources, you're gonna have to make them on, like, page 16, which is definitely not useful.

Conni

katharsis
basically, the first post of a metagame thread is usually an introduction to the meta's mechanics, rules, etc. the couple posts after that are "reserved" for key resources, such as sample teams and viability rankings. the reason for this is because they need to be as close to the beginning of the thread as possible so newcomers can access them easily. if you don't reserve said resources, you're gonna have to make them on, like, page 16, which is definitely not useful.
ohhhh, I get it now, wow that was actually really obvious, thanks for the better explanation Sobi!

Will OM tutoring be coming back? There are a couple of OMs I'd like to get into but having some additional help from a player experienced in the OM would be really helpful, especially since a new generation is starting up.

How would Battle Bond work put on any Pokemon? Would it be useless, would it give the same boosts as going from Greninja to Ash-Greninja?

What are the mega stones most commonly used for Regigigas and Golisopod in Mix and Mega?
For Regigigas, Metagrossite is far and away the most common, but Aerodactylite and Pinsirite are usable. Golisopod is always Blue Orb. There will soon be a Mix and Mega Resources thread with Viability Rankings; look there in the future.

Reactions: nv
For Regigigas, Metagrossite is far and away the most common, but Aerodactylite and Pinsirite are usable. Golisopod is always Blue Orb. There will soon be a Mix and Mega Resources thread with Viability Rankings; look there in the future.
Thanks. Also, what makes mega Audino good in BH? I've seen it mentioned several times in the discussion thread.

Thanks. Also, what makes mega Audino good in BH? I've seen it mentioned several times in the discussion thread.
It has excellent stats, and a good typing. Specifically, it's immune to common moves such as Core Enforcer, Spectral Thief, Ghost Judgment, and Moonghiest beam, and the only relevant move that hits it super effectively is Sunsteel Strike--in addition to a great resistance to Knock Off. Thus, it is difficult to take advantage of, and can run sets like Fur Coat to be a good physical wall and the best Mega Gengar check out there, or run a Water Absorb set and not fear switching in on Core Enforcer, or even just become a difficult-to-break status absorber with Poison Heal.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)