Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
would mudsdale work as a tank in double battles if you use stamina as ability and use a weak multi hit move on it to raise its defense

also what nature should I aim for?

Last edited:
would mudsdale work as a tank in double battles if you use stamina as ability and use a weak multi hit move on it to raise its defense
Not particularly versed in doubles, but wasting a turn on damaging your own 'Mon (even for marginal damage), especially when doubles has a much higher damage output on the other team, seems like a risky strat. If the enemy is using special attacks, that's even more of a waste because the buff means nothing (in this case, Scald probably)

Not particularly versed in doubles, but wasting a turn on damaging your own 'Mon (even for marginal damage), especially when doubles has a much higher damage output on the other team, seems like a risky strat. If the enemy is using special attacks, that's even more of a waste because the buff means nothing (in this case, Scald probably)
lol is this thing even usefull at all then for like anything?

also what nature would you recomend I have no idea how thins thing should be used

finaly is it just me or does the level ball sprite relay looks good for it but if you see the level ball ingame it looks more like gold and doesnt realy fit

Adamant seems possible, if not a def or special defense boosting nature in exchange for special attack probably, depending on whether you want tank or attack.

I mean, it's a good idea when you pair it with something with Skill Link RockBlast (or make a great circumstantial switch)but it really depends on what you get. This thing could be great if you get the right circumstances, or be a bit of a letdown, from what I'm seeing. It's great ingame, though, if that's any consolation.

Again, I'm not well versed in doubles though! Take this with a grain of salt.

Been SRING this for weeks and finally got a 0 att Tapu Fini with a useful Hidden power.

Bold 31/0/31/10/31/10 HP Fire

Was wondering if this is a worthy keep? I consider 0 att and hidden power to matter more in the end due to Hyper Training. Also would wonder if any trade value is there?

Been SRING this for weeks and finally got a 0 att Tapu Fini with a useful Hidden power.

Was wondering if I should keep or toss? I consider 0 att and hidden power to matter more in the end due to Hyper Training. Also would wonder if any trade value is there?
Considering Hyper Training makes bad IVs (that aren't intentional like 0atk or 0speed) virtually irrelevant bar breeding (which is irrelevant for legends anyway), the only things that matter are really just nature and Hidden Power (and 0atk/speed if applicable)

So there's no reason to toss, especially when bottle caps are fairly easy to get from Battle Tree. Nicely done, I bet you're sick of Strength Sap by now.

Considering Hyper Training makes bad IVs (that aren't intentional like 0atk or 0speed) virtually irrelevant bar breeding (which is irrelevant for legends anyway), the only things that matter are really just nature and Hidden Power (and 0atk/speed if applicable)

So there's no reason to toss, especially when bottle caps are fairly easy to get from Battle Tree. Nicely done, I bet you're sick of Strength Sap by now.
Yep, started that strat this week, waiting to recover 85 Hp just for a 50% chance stinks especially since I Dive Balled it every time.

Was wondering if this is a worthy keep? I consider 0 att and hidden power to matter more in the end due to Hyper Training. Also would wonder if any trade value is there?
That would be worth keeping for battling and your own purposes :)

To answer your question, there will be some users who will accept HT mons, where as collectors such as myself values the untouched version. It's still a very nice soft reset though man, good job!

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

That's an easy Keep thanks to that 0 IV in Atk, congrats.

lol is this thing even usefull at all then for like anything?

also what nature would you recomend I have no idea how thins thing should be used

finaly is it just me or does the level ball sprite relay looks good for it but if you see the level ball ingame it looks more like gold and doesnt realy fit
I imagine it would have a lot of potential under Trick Room, with a Brave nature. Outside that, probably Impish or Calm, but I have no idea if anyone uses it in Singles.

Heavy Ball, by far, is the best match conceptually. Premier Ball looks nice despite not matching, and probably Luxury.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Still looking for any Heal Ball Porygon in Gen 6, offering most things in my thread from Gen 6 or 7

I've been having a look at the 1760 Battle Spot singles stats, and trying to fathom a good moveset for Modest Arcanine. I would assume Burn Up with Firium Z is a staple, but what about the other 3 moves?

Some combination of Extreme Speed/Will-O-Wisp/Hidden Power [Ice]/Morning Sun/Flamethrower/Roar/Snarl/Toxic/Substitute? What is optimal?

I'd really like to use it before it fades into obscurity post- bank.

I've been having a look at the 1760 Battle Spot singles stats, and trying to fathom a good moveset for Modest Arcanine. I would assume Burn Up with Firium Z is a staple, but what about the other 3 moves?

Some combination of Extreme Speed/Will-O-Wisp/Hidden Power [Ice]/Morning Sun/Flamethrower/Roar/Snarl/Toxic/Substitute? What is optimal?

I'd really like to use it before it fades into obscurity post- bank.
I'm not that experienced with using arcanine that much, but a slightly bulkier set with a modest nature might work, so burn up, snarl, morning sun/will-o-wisp/toxic and substitute, I haven't tried this before, and you may need to run some damage calcs to get the evs where you want, but this seems like a solid set, depending on the rest of the team of course.

I'm not that experienced with using arcanine that much, but a slightly bulkier set with a modest nature might work, so burn up, snarl, morning sun/will-o-wisp/toxic and substitute, I haven't tried this before, and you may need to run some damage calcs to get the evs where you want, but this seems like a solid set, depending on the rest of the team of course.
Interesting points. Doesn't extreme speed get STAB after Burn Up removes its fire typing? Anyone tested this?

Edit: Typeless rather than normal post Burn Up apparently

Last edited:
Interesting points. Doesn't extreme speed get STAB after Burn Up removes its fire typing? Anyone tested this?

Edit: Typeless rather than normal post Burn Up apparently
even still, it's nice priority, just a little reluctant to use it because of the fact that the nature you are using will greatly decrease its damage

Edit: Hang on, I forgot to ask, what is the arcanine's ability?

even still, it's nice priority, just a little reluctant to use it because of the fact that the nature you are using will greatly decrease its damage

Edit: Hang on, I forgot to ask, what is the arcanine's ability?
I would assume Intimidate has better utility given lack of competition - I've not started breeding yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)