Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
23rd Round of silly replays: A New Start Edition

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137257036
Team A:
  • Moonblast Mega Gardevoir. It also used Psyshock on Gliscor just after a Shadow Ball, despite the fact that the latter lowered its Special Defense (overprediction?).
  • Salamence using Dragon Claw on Azumarill, ending its sweep. Its player left just after this big misplay.
Team B:
  • Protect Mega Charizard X. Is it to scout for a Toxic or a surprise EQ?
  • Ice Beam Azumarill.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137261640
And this is in the 1300s.
Team A:
  • An overconfident Mega Tyranitar using Dragon Dance instead of outright rolling over Flareon with a Rock move. Truth is Flareon learns Superpower.
  • Dazzling Gleam Clefable, when Moonblast exists.
  • Drill Peck Honchkrow, when Brave Bird exists. Also, Honchkrow in OU.
Team B: Another Eeveelution team. I should start counting them.
  • Moonblast Sylveon, when... well, you get the idea. It also had Substitute.
  • Iron Tail Flareon. At least it KOed a Clefable. Honestly, I expected the Toxic Orb variant.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137264460
  • Rock Slide Tyranitar, when... OK, I stop. But it misses less often than Stone Edge.
  • Exeggutor. I'd use Harvest with Lum Berry, though.
  • Heat Wave Petaya Berry Charizard. So no automatic Sun setter for poor Exeggutor. At least it had EQ for Heatran.
  • Politoed without Drizzle, and especially without any rain abuser. Oh, and it also had BODY SLAM.
  • Electabuzz.
  • Non-Mega Aggron, with Double-Edge (at least with Rock Head) and Iron Tail.
  • All of them in the same team.

(yes this is pretty close time-wise to the post I made before, but it's wayyyyyy different)
Okay, since the June usage stats are out (which you can see here) I decided to see what stupid shit people run

Charizard:
Heat Wave
Ancientpower
Brick Break
HP Ice
Dragon Rush

Aegislash:
Item:
Lum Berry
Focus Sash
Yeah that's about it for Aegi. I blame the lack of lower OU usage stats

Talonflame:
Ability:
Flame Body (2% of the time, think that is all people not putting it on by mistake?)
Item:
Nothing
Sitrus Berry
Sky Plate
Focus Sash
Shell Bell
Sharp Beak
Also, 24% of Talonflames run 252Speed/252Attack Jolly
Because priority isn't enough (And before you say it's to outspeed other Talonflame, it's the most common spread. So you might as well go Adamant)
Moves:
Steel Wing
Sleep Talk
Taunt

Scizor:
Item:
Iron Plate
Lum Berry
Focus Sash
Choice Scarf
Moves:
(Bullet Punch gets a special mention for being on 98% of Scizor. That's a lot)
X-Scissor
Brick Break
Aerial Ace (to an extent)
(on the Checks and Counters section: Typhlosion and Pyroar. I know it's based off how successful the Pokemon is at countering/checking rather than usage... But fucking PYROAR. And again, THIS IS IN THE 1500s!)

Tyranitar:
Moves:
Flamethrower
Dragon Tail
Thunder Wave
Roar
Iron Head
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Thunder punch
Avalanche
Aqua Tail
And just for the fun of it:

Chandlelure:
Item:
Assault Vest
Charcoal
Expert Belt
Wise Glasses
Quick Claw
Nothing
Flame Plate
Moves:
Hidden Power Ice
Dark Pulse (What scares me is it's on 11% of all Chandlelure)
Substitute
Calm Mind
Pain Split
Heat Wave
Clear Smog
Hex
Confuse Ray

Hope you enjoyed this trek through the usage stats, maybe next month ill do it again! :D

Quick Edit: the reason why I haven't put the actual percentages on is because it wouldn't let me copy the text. But you can still them in the link provided ^_^

Scizor:
Moves:
X-Scissor
Brick Break
(on the Checks and Counters section: Typhlosion and Pyroar. I know it's based off how successful the Pokemon is at countering/checking rather than usage... But fucking PYROAR. And again, THIS IS IN THE 1500s!)
To be fair, X-Scissor is the highest damage STAB he has that doesn't force him to switch out, and Brick Break is also high damage and also doesn't force him to switch out due to stat drops (plus it's pretty much mandatory for Battle Spot as Superpower is a Gen V tutor move, and some people may not know it's allowed on Showdown due to transitioning from Battle Spot).

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
(yes this is pretty close time-wise to the post I made before, but it's wayyyyyy different)
Okay, since the June usage stats are out (which you can see here) I decided to see what stupid shit people run

Charizard:
Heat Wave
Ancientpower
Brick Break
HP Ice
Dragon Rush

Aegislash:
Item:
Lum Berry
Focus Sash

Talonflame:
Ability:
Flame Body (2% of the time, think that is all people not putting it on by mistake?)
Item:
Nothing
Sitrus Berry
Sky Plate
Focus Sash
Shell Bell
Sharp Beak
Because priority isn't enough (And before you say it's to outspeed other Talonflame, it's the most common spread. So you might as well go Adamant)
Moves:
Steel Wing
Sleep Talk
Taunt

Scizor:
Item:
Iron Plate
Lum Berry
Focus Sash
Choice Scarf
Moves:
X-Scissor
Brick Break

Tyranitar:
Moves:
Flamethrower
Dragon Tail
Thunder Wave
Roar
Iron Head
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Thunder punch
Avalanche
Aqua Tail

Chandlelure:
Item:
Assault Vest
Charcoal
Expert Belt
Wise Glasses
Quick Claw
Nothing
Flame Plate
Moves:
Hidden Power Ice
Substitute
Calm Mind
Pain Split
Heat Wave
Clear Smog
Hex
Confuse Ray

Hope you enjoyed this trek through the usage stats, maybe next month ill do it again! :D

Quick Edit: the reason why I haven't put the actual percentages on is because it wouldn't let me copy the text. But you can still them in the link provided ^_^
Talonflame run Taunt because there's literally nothing else to run on its fourth slot on CB sets and it at least does SOMETHING like shut down walls that switch in (unlike lol Steel Wing which is pointless).

Talonflame run Taunt because there's literally nothing else to run on its fourth slot on CB sets and it at least does SOMETHING like shut down walls that switch in (unlike lol Steel Wing which is pointless).
Okay I'll give your credit for that one
Except for the fact it can run WoW if it wants instead
And ill give credit for Scizor for reasons explained above

Steel Wing isn't completely pointless, as it does hit Tyranitar. Doesn't do a damn thing to Heatran, though, so pick your poison.
I re-use my excuse of it being a Gen V tutor move. It's a good excuse.
Ah, right, forgot about that.

On topic: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137294198
-Rock Blast Cloyster without Skill Link
-Avalanche Cloyster
-Persian
-Persian using Return on Gengar
-Alakazam without Magic Guard
-Rocky Helmet Shuckle
-Shuckle using Toxic on Skarmory
-Counter Blissey, which at least took out Skarmory
-Jellicent using Recover at full HP
-Hyper Voice Blissey
-Using it on Jellicent

Edit: partially ninja'd

Edit 2: Forgot about U-turn hitting T-tar SE

Last edited:

Karxrida

Steel Wing isn't completely pointless, as it does hit Tyranitar. Doesn't do a damn thing to Heatran, though, so pick your poison.

Ah, right, forgot about that.

On topic: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137294198
-Rock Blast Cloyster without Skill Link
-Avalanche Cloyster
-Persian
-Persian using Return on Gengar
-Alakazam without Magic Guard
-Rocky Helmet Shuckle
-Shuckle using Toxic on Skarmory
-Counter Blissey, which at least took out Skarmory
-Jellicent using Recover at full HP
-Hyper Voice Blissey
-Using it on Jellicent

Edit: partially ninja'd
U-Turn hits almost as hard and lets you live another day.

Unless Tyranitar is revenging you, then you're fucked (cause Pursuit).

i couldn't log on until just now, so have a giant list i put together while i was stuck on the sidelines

-two yzards facing off. flamethrower is doing between 40 and 50% health each turn from one. what does the other decide is a better move? solarbeam.
-manually switching out gardevoir into the same charizard to get 2HKO'd before it can even try to moonblast (no mega, so no hyper voice.)
-swampert trying to superpower aegislash
-a team that was basically normal except for swanna (and malamar, but at least that one has a small niche. plus it scored 2 kills.)
-random torkoal on an otherwise totally standard OU team.
-someone who decided excadrill could suck up yzard's heat wave better than latias
-azumarill is not fast. belly drum does not make it faster. leaving it with a sliver of health to get outsped and KO'd because it doesn't have aqua jet is a waste. let's just be clear on that.
-greninja staying in to set spikes, making it a ground type... in time to take a hydro pump.
-sacking a cresselia that was at full health. yes, it took multiple turns to go down, meaning leaving it was a conscious choice. (the team had better to send out against the greninja that offed it.)
-dive suicune. what's worse is that after (somehow) being allowed to set up to +4, it managed to kill something.
-attract ludicolo. female. trying to use it on an also female gengar.
-Mew's Quick Claw let it move first!
-steel monotypes use heatran for a reason. getting swept by a zapdos with heat wave is a major part of why.
-metang
-metang trying to beat down an avalugg with bulldoze and bullet punch
-offensive whimsicott
-non-mega gardevoir spamming dazzling gleam
-offensive chansey with facade and fire punch
-donphan sweep. i'm so, so upset i didn't grab the replay for this, because it was beautiful
-shock wave megakazam
-klefki named 'sora' (tho i guess that's funny, not silly.) what's silly is that the guy forfeited after it got KO'd trying to set up screens on a galvantula
-if you have to announce unprompted that you don't care about magic coat flinging your toxic back at you, and then forfeit on the first KO, you probably care a little more than you're letting on
-trying to EQ an eelektross
-three different lapras (on non-red teams to boot)
-again, dragon pulse latios. before anyone says anything this time, tho, this one not only also had draco meteor, but used it before beginning to try and Dpulse things to death, with it's SpA still lowered.
-hidden power dragon magnezone (based on the fact that it did a whopping 1.7% to garchomp on a super effective critical hit)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137116792
-this is why we don't settle for trying to 4-5HKO garchomp while it sets up to +6

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137116469
-'hmm, so i have at least one pokemon that can maybe stand up to this bisharp and three that it's definitely going to destroy... i know which ones i'm sending at it!'
-the sad thing is the guy might have won if he'd switched smarter, because after bisharp the entire other team was weak to fairies

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137116229
-wobbuffet requires better prediction than this

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137296584
LightKey: Goods raddance.
(seriously, the chat in this one.)

Charizard:
Heat Wave
Ancientpower
Brick Break
HP Ice
Dragon Rush

Aegislash:
Item:
Lum Berry
Focus Sash

Talonflame:
Ability:
Item:
Nothing
Sitrus Berry
Sky Plate
Focus Sash
Shell Bell
Sharp Beak
Moves:
Steel Wing
Sleep Talk
Taunt

Scizor:
Item:
Iron Plate
Lum Berry
Focus Sash
Choice Scarf
Moves:
X-Scissor
Brick Break

Tyranitar:
Moves:
Flamethrower
Dragon Tail
Thunder Wave
Roar
Iron Head
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Thunder punch
Avalanche
Aqua Tail

Chandlelure:
Item:
Assault Vest
Charcoal
Expert Belt
Wise Glasses
Quick Claw
Nothing
Flame Plate
Moves:
Hidden Power Ice
Substitute
Calm Mind
Pain Split
Heat Wave
Clear Smog
Hex
Confuse Ray

I REALLY hope those that ran Talonflame without an item ran Acrobatics (Hey, a 110 BP move with only the drawback of no item could be worse). And Sharp Beak is actually on the site analysis because Talonflame will be spamming Brave Bird more often than not that a 20% boost is acceptable over a 30% to all moves and killing yourself even faster with a Life Orb

As for Hex Chandelure, hopefully they were smart enough to have Will-o-wisp on it. I toyed around with a regular Rotom with Discharge, Will-o-Wisp, Hex, and I forget what else (I think Substitute). It didn't suck as bad as it should have (mostly because I took a LOT of people by surprise)

And yet you didn't switch to the magnemite first, you let a lot of pokes die before that. My point is that if you're going to make fun of a noob, at least beat the piss out of them instead of struggling. It's really pathetic when you say "lol this guy is so bad look at them and laugh" and then lose half your team to them, especially when it's quite clear that the player is a young child. It makes you look like a dick.
When did I say that? Please don't put words in my mouth.
Also, the point of the team is to take as many hits as possible, stall is a secondary objective. It's when these hits compose of retarded moves make it worthy for this thread. Take for example, ness64 's 100% scout team. It's great for, you know, doing it's thing, but it loses more than it wins. Similarly, my team isn't good, any decent player with some prediction skills and a taunt user can wreck the team to shreds. It's when I actually win with the team that makes the opponent silly.
Plus I wasn't sure he had poison jab only, he never used his fourth move.

But the player's questionable team choices aren't the reason why this is here. It's the chat. He really thought I was hacking? How do you do that when there's a log on the side telling you exactly what is happening?

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137308427
My god...
There's too much wrong here to make a list...
Not for me.
-Delcatty
-Delcatty destroying shit with Normalize Sucker Punch
-Facade Delcatty
-Glaceon, presumably trying to abuse Snow Cloak (and failing)
-Non-mega Absol
-Persian
-Giga Impact Persian
-Giga Impact at all sorry, CB Slaking
-Non-mega Banette
-Non-mega Banette using Psychic
-Blizzard+Foul Play Weavile
-Shell Bell Arcanine
-Arcanine in OU
-Return Blissey

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-137349702

Mono-Psychic on OU
Deo-S failling to understand how Magic Bounce works
Deo-S using Psycho Boost on M-Absol
Mixed M-Absol using Fire Blast and Play Rough on Deo-S
M-Gardevoir apparently trying to use Focus Blast on M-Absol. Who needs Pixilate STAB Hyper Voice?
Ninetales + Kabutops nvm Ninetales didn't have Drought
Hone Claws Metagross setting on a Donphan that had Knock Off
Confuse Ray Twave Psychic Reuniclus letting Espeon set. up 6 CMs
Reuniclus also fails to understand Magic Bounce

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-137364607

Special Gyarados and a lot of weird shit
Cool prediction at the end though

Last edited:
When did I say that? Please don't put words in my mouth.
You didn't literally say that, but it's pretty obvious that's why you posted the replay. Unless you posted it to show how good of a player he was, which I don't think it likely.
Similarly, my team isn't good, any decent player with some prediction skills and a taunt user can wreck the team to shreds
Well that's good that you don't think it's good. If your team is for just stalling to ride the lower tiers than ok, that's one thing.
But the player's questionable team choices aren't the reason why this is here. It's the chat. He really thought I was hacking? How do you do that when there's a log on the side telling you exactly what is happening?
Because he was obviously a very young kid that's why. I don't think it's really that funny to make fun of kids is all, especially when they almost beat you. Making fun of adults is all fine, but laughing at someone for being 12 isn't cool in my mind.

i deserve to be on this thread myself for some of the piss-poor choices i made tonight. QQ don't ladder when you're tired, kids. you will switch your medicham into a brave bird to die. you will switch your escavalier into an earthquake. you will spend about 4 turns setting up and then switch out manually instead of hitting baton pass. (i want it on record that it wasn't a BP chain because ew.)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137226272
-Klefki
-Scolipede with NO attacking moves (Did someone say "Taunt fodder?")
-Scolipede SWITCHING OUT rather than Baton Passing its Attack and Speed boosts and Sub to another Pokemon. (It's even worse because it would've have died had it come back in due to hazards.)
-Call me out of touch, but is Scarf Kyurem-B a thing? (I know it has a viable Speed tier for it, it just isn't something I ever see...)
-Bulk Up Landorus-T... I guess it worked here. (IN DA CLUTCH)
-The fact that this team ACTUALLY WON. (I am so done with this game)

Last edited:

Karxrida

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-137226272
-Klefki
-Scolipede with NO attacking moves (Really, was Megahorn not a viable option?)
-Scolipede SWITCHING OUT rather than Baton Passing its Attack and Speed boosts and Sub to another Pokemon. (It's even worse because it would've have died had it come back in due to hazards.)
-Call me out of touch, but is Scarf Kyurem-B a thing? (I know it has a viable Speed tier for it, it just isn't something I ever see...)
-Bulk Up Landorus-T... I guess it worked here. (IN DA CLUTCH)
-The fact that this team ACTUALLY WON. (I am so done with this game)
Scarf Kyurem-B is a thing.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/kyurem-b-gp-0-2.3496420/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)