Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see calm mind+ 3 psysical attacks on a mixed attacker if they want to bluff special offensive, but not 4 setup move unless they derped. Also there IS a difference between noobishness and an accident ( I once put dragon pulse on adamant garchomp by accident and didn't realize until later).

I can see calm mind+ 3 psysical attacks on a mixed attacker if they want to bluff special offensive, but not 4 setup move unless they derped. Also there IS a difference between noobishness and an accident ( I once put dragon pulse on adamant garchomp by accident and didn't realize until later).
Totally legit! Dragon Pulse outdamages Outrage and even Stone Edge against... well, Avalugg and not much else, on Adamant Chomp.

(editor's note: is not really legit)

Offensive bulky Mandibuzz with Life Orb and Weak Armour probably did it for me. Set probably looked something like this...

Mandibuzz @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armour
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk , 4 SpD(?)
- Brave Bird
- Bone Rush
- Steel Wing
- Roost

I was fairly lost for words...

While messing around on the the Pandora server after my school IP got banned, I ran into a guy who was running a Hawlucha with fly and a Mega-Blastiose with water pulse. I'm pretty sure he forgot to give his mons EV's too.

While messing around on the the Pandora server after my school IP got banned, I ran into a guy who was running a Hawlucha with fly and a Mega-Blastiose with water pulse. I'm pretty sure he forgot to give his mons EV's too.
Water Pulse has the same base power as Surf on M-Blastoise due to it's ability, Mega Launcher. So Water Pulse isn't that silly, as it also has that annoying confusion chance on top of 90 Base Power.

And, not to actually claim that it's good, but aside from Acrobatics, Fly is Hawlucha's best damaging Flying STAB by a fairly wide margin. Acrobatics is still better but locks him into itemless builds.

And, not to actually claim that it's good, but aside from Acrobatics, Fly is Hawlucha's best damaging Flying STAB by a fairly wide margin. Acrobatics is still better but locks him into itemless builds.
First of all sky attack is more powerful second of all unburden pairs amazingly with acrobatics so yeah and was it a power herb fly?

First of all sky attack is more powerful second of all unburden pairs amazingly with acrobatics so yeah and was it a power herb fly?
Sky Attack is more powerful than Fly but doesn't come with an invincibility turn.

I'll readily admit that in terms of turn-over-turn damage, Aerial Ace is actually better than either Fly or Sky Attack, but discounting Sky Attack, which isn't much use outside of Power Herb burst damage, Fly hits harder on a per-hit basis than anything else Hawlucha has access to besides Acrobatics, at least as far as Flying-type moves go.

I still stand by my assertion from another thread though: the only truly viable Fly user is obviously and inarguably Golurk, and if you disagree with me go see his ingame animation.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-92360472
>Non-Magic Bounce Espeon used as a switch-in for Stealth Rock.
>Belly Drum Azumarill without Sitrus Berry or Leftovers. Was it running Mystic Water, like the Serebii set suggests?
>Guy with Aegislash trying to Shadow Sneak Talonflame at only +2.

Edit: Sorry, replay link didn't copy properly. That's the wrong replay.

I'll readily admit that in terms of turn-over-turn damage, Aerial Ace is actually better than either Fly or Sky Attack, but discounting Sky Attack, which isn't much use outside of Power Herb burst damage, Fly hits harder on a per-hit basis than anything else Hawlucha has access to besides Acrobatics, at least as far as Flying-type moves go.
Power Herb burst damage works great with Unburden, however.

Last edited:
I just...what. Are these people trying to be this bad? Please tell me they're trying. Please.

When the player using Normal Gem Body Slam Charizard with Seismic Toss is the better player of the two, you have problems.
I'm pretty sure the better player was using a joke team. The other guy, I hope was trolling but pretty sure was just a noob...

Some weird shit.
Mega Aggron used Blizzard
Tyranitar with Unnerve
Skarmory used Aerial Ace..it's not that Drill Peck is weaker
Mixed Lucario (Dark Pulse + Bullet Punch)
Lunatone + Blizzard
Espeon + Psybeam

Aaaand this http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-92473956
It features some weird shit like,
Emolga with Thunder + Thunderbolt + Volt Switch
Espeon with Future Sight and Synchronoise (the last one on a Heatran)
Breloom with Energy Ball - DAT 60 SpA against Heatran

edit// Why is Blizzard so overused? Ice Beam is much better outside of Hail Storm...

A mixed Alakazam, with Psyshock, Drain Punch, Iron Tail, and another move. And it didn't have magic guard.
Now here comes the worst:
I saw two DIFFERENT people with a plain, non-mega, charizard. And they both had mega kick!!! I know charizard's base attack isn't horrible (84 I think), but there are so many other options, like flare blitz and wing attack.

EDIT: I just saw another charizard with iron tail before I killed it. Is physical charizard becoming a "thing" now?

Last edited:
Random Shit volume 39: Mega Kick Charizard Edition
-Sitrus Berry+Roost Togekiss. Gotta stay healthy.
-This one just bugs me: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-92487377
-A lone Smeargle with Sacred Sword and no sash.
-Multiple non-scarfed Dittos.
-Venusaur using Sludge Bomb on Ferrothorn. Twice.
-Dark Pulse+Solarbeam (without sun) Chandelure. And considering it also had Psychic, I have no idea if it had any STABs or not.
-Non-Sturdy Steelix.
-Thunderbolt non-mega Aggron.
-Thunder Wave+Gyro Ball Ferrothorn. Seriously, people, stop that.
-Toxic+Dragon Pulse Mega Aerodactyl.
-Torrent Greninja using Ice Beam on Bisharp.
-Expert Belt Mandibuzz.
-Unnerve Galvantula.
-Bullet Punch+E-speed Lucario.
-Braviary. With Fly.
-Beartic. It had Surf, Blizzard, and Avalanche.
-Dragonite Thunderpunching a Gliscor.
-Mega Punch Electivire.
-A different Torrent Greninja with Hydro Cannon.
-What appeared to be a pure offensive Lapras.
-This is just pathetic: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-92486708
-Shuckle attempting to Encore an Espeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)