Show off your Forearms!

This thread sparked a memory of a few old forearms, but unfortunately the only one I could find after ~20 minutes of looking was CABG, not a forearm I created but one I used to be a part of over a decade ago. I remember finding it through a link on Clone Army Customs when that was new, must've been like 2008 or something because half the people on the site had Halo 3 avatars. I also remember being pretty excited to find guys like pizzamovies and spugesdu on the site, they were popular so-called youtube directors at the time. I just checked now and it looks like some of their old stop-motion vids really blew up at some point so that's cool. I have genuinely zero recollection what my username was at the time so I guess I can be spared the embarrassment of whatever I was doing back then. Idk if anyone on smogon now was into lego star wars 15 years ago but who knows, maybe Rook's really into pokemon so I figured I'd share.

I looked for some other sites but couldn't find much beyond official video game forearms and stuff like Serebii, though it looks like the Marriland forearms are gone now. Also I did find out that Enjin doesn't host forearms anymore and is now a cryptocurrency so I have to imagine most of those sites are gone now unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to be a global mod on pokemon turkiye in like 2010-2ish, during gens 4-5. it was the biggest turkish pokemon forearm back then, dunno if there are any surviving now. I translated a bunch of game mechanics and competitive battling guides to turkish, organized tournaments and even set up shoddybattle (and afterwards PO) servers. I was pretty proud when we had 6-7 regulars on the server and enough signups for 16 (or even 24!) person tourneys. I sorta phased out of it when I started college in 2013-4. the forearm limped along for a couple years more and I think there was someone else who took on the competitive side after me, but the admins focused on subtitling and uploading new anime episodes, which brought in the vast majority of traffic. I think the forearms shut down sometime around 2018-20, but they kept on subtitling and uploading anime to their website and had a semi-active facebook page. now even the website domain seems to have expired. I had a few friends I met up irl or chatted on MSN regularly, and a few that I traded TCG cards with there. good times.

don't worry, i have seen it and am actively working with smogon staff to identify the user so that appropriate action can be taken.

not only is this bullying and harassment on a side forearm, one may recall that "cuck" is notoriously used by bigots. we may be looking at an immediate notable banned user here, but it's too soon to say until we know who this is.

update: due to the hard work by Theia and some supportive background work courtesy of ausma, we've been able to identify the culprit. i have chosen not to take legal action here, in part due to advice from my legal council, but primarily due to the size of my massive, forgiving heart. additionally, i have asked the moderators not to ban this user, as i do not believe their name should be sullied along the same lines as users like Laprasrules12.

that is all. no further questions.

update: due to the hard work by Theia and some supportive background work courtesy of ausma, we've been able to identify the culprit. i have chosen not to take legal action here, in part due to advice from my legal council, but primarily due to the size of my massive, forgiving heart. additionally, i have asked the moderators not to ban this user, as i do not believe their name should be sullied along the same lines as users like Laprasrules12.

that is all. no further questions.
jeez how did you find him lmao, I can't even go that far lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)