Shell Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
a site before there is the reason why shuckle doesnt get shellbreak, but i think its good that all this overlooked NU´s like magcargo (who is quite cool) get this broken move to make them more playable

I hope that Shell Break is going to be spread more evenly to those who deserve it in 6th gen (If there is one,)

Here is some users I want to have Shell Break

-Shuckle
-Torterra
-Blastoise
-Clamperl (For the Pure lulz)
If Shuckle got it, there'd be a reason to use perversity Shuckle. Use Shell Break, raise defences up, and lower attacks for power share to do more damage. oh, how he'd actually see use...

Good going Gamefreak.

Clearly Floatzel should have gotten it. I mean, it is an Otter Pokemon. Daikenki as well.

Otters use Rocks to "crack open" Clams, Oysters, and other sorts of Shellfish and the spiky ones. It makes total sense.

If Shuckle got it, there'd be a reason to use perversity Shuckle. Use Shell Break, raise defences up, and lower attacks for power share to do more damage. oh, how he'd actually see use...

Good going Gamefreak.

Not really.
He still lacks recovery outside of Rest.

I hope that Shell Break is going to be spread more evenly to those who deserve it in 6th gen (If there is one,)

Here is some users I want to have Shell Break

-Shuckle
-Torterra
-Blastoise
-Clamperl (For the Pure lulz)
There's no reason to wait for 6th gen, we've still got a 3rd game and remakes coming... probably.

Not really.
He still lacks recovery outside of Rest.
Well, after a shell break and power share, I'm pretty sure leftovers would do the job very well.

I'd recommend running rest, but then you'd be taunt-bait, as shuckle w/o toxic is stupid.

But i guess we'll never get to work things out till gamefreak gives shuckle shell break.

breh

強いだね
Can Gorebyss still use this... without Swift Swim (I mean is she still viable)?
er... what

I'm not sure what you're saying since it's a clamperl level up move. all of the moves it misses are em and plat tutor moves for gorebyss; the rest are all available to it since clamperl can breed.

er... what

I'm not sure what you're saying since it's a clamperl level up move. all of the moves it misses are em and plat tutor moves for gorebyss; the rest are all available to it since clamperl can breed.
No. NO! I'm not talking about the learnset that's a no-brainer. If anybody recalls, Swift Swim + Drizzle are banned now.

So, are Gorebyys, Huntail, Omastar, etc still usable with Shell Break when they don't have their Swift Swim Bonus?

Gorebyss and Huntail have enough physical Defense to take one hit from most things, and if pumped full of Spd EVs, after a Shell Smash they can often send the boost on to something else. Omastar suffers due to typing and less physical defense. I tcan be a good Ubers Shell Smasher, but Gorebyss/Huntail are generally better because they can pass with their better typing. Omastar does have superior Defense and Speed, but Water/Rock really hinders it. They are all still usable for the job, though, so don't worry. Max Spd is a must, however.

No. NO! I'm not talking about the learnset that's a no-brainer. If anybody recalls, Swift Swim + Drizzle are banned now.

So, are Gorebyys, Huntail, Omastar, etc still usable with Shell Break when they don't have their Swift Swim Bonus?
Gorebyss and Huntail were special because of their ability to Baton Pass the boosts, not because of the Swift Swim.

Shell Break Omastar might even be better off without Swift Swim, since now, you'll get outsped and take a hit with your normal defenses before you Shell Break, but then you'll likely outspeed them the next turn, so you never take a hit on your lowered defenses.

Gorebyss gets Hydration from Dream World(and has been released) which is pretty cool abillity if you want to attempt a more bulky approach at Shell Break passing.

Doesn't Power Share ignore the stat changes of the user when it is used? So IIRC no -6 Atk Shuckle giving the opponent a crap attack score...

Cloysters so cool. Definately have to try this out. If only Cloyster knew Aqua Jet so it could beat any revenge Killers wanting to take advantage of the lowered defences.

Tiny bit annoyed that the best water starters in Blastoise and Samurott (Who has same base speed as cloyster AND access to aqua Jet) didnt get it but hey Hopefully Grey/Sepia/third version or Some pointless remake will give them the egg move.

A move i'd pretty much demand on a Cloyster if you don't want to be Mach Punched into oblivion.
It's certainly an important move for Cloyster, but redundant coverage on a setup sweeper relying on OHKOes can be problematic. Unless you're not going to use Icicle Spear for some insane reason, you're left with only Ice and one other type for coverage.

^Yeah, but I think Cloyster is more worried about priority than not having the best coverage. Icicle Spear is so powerful after a Shell Break that it can hopefully just smash through resists (there were a bunch of Suicune calcs somewhere).

Ice shard is only for breloom as it doesn't KO any other priority users and you're better off just taking the hit and using icicle spear which it can do due to its 180 base def even at -1. Icicle spear + Rock blast pretty much 2HKOs everything after a shell smash except for the most defensive steels that resist both (bronzong, jirachi). So either hydro pump or shell blade is a good choice for stab coverage.

I run White Herb on my Shell Smash Cloyster and nearly every Poke that tries to revenge kill it will not KO if they are a physical attacker. Then I KO their Poke on most occasions and sweep from there - it's a really fast, powerful setup.

Just curious - who runs something else on Shell Smash Cloyster and why? I can see a Life Orb, but with Sandstorm being rather common, and entry hazards there too, I have trouble sweeping with a Life Orb...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)