SM OU Sharing my most succesful SM OU Team so far

Introduction

**Hello, Ogu here, this is my first time posting in RMT. I created this Team a short time ago and got up to 1400 ELO in the time where Metagrossite was suspect tested. So I decided to share with you guys.**

The Team

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
**I chose Beedrill because I got annoyed how it destroyed my other Teams, so I wanted to try it out myself and needed to center a Team around it. But as I played I realized that Beedrill was not the center of my team but rather it acted as a very good U-Turner and Revenge Killer.**

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
**I chose Lando-T because of its immunity to Ground and as a Stealth Rock lead with Intimidate. Rockium Z and Swords Dance are there to help to faint a pokemon or two after Stealth Rock.**

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic Spikes
**Greninja acts as a lead against other Lando-T's and with supports with Toxic Spikes. It acts as a Revenge Killer too.**

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
**I wanted a strong Choice Specs user with a diverse movepool. I can use it to predict against Dragon Type moves, to provoke switches and kill if I predict the switch.**

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Roost
**Volcarona is here because of its typing and i wanted to have a setup special attacker. It is so good with its defense against physical moves and Quiver Dance takes care of special attackers. Its defenses help Volcarona setup and heal with Roost and attack with Bug Buzz and Fiery Dance (which boosts its SpA even further half of the time).**

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
**Excadrill is here because I needed a Spinner with a Steel typing who provokes switches and kill unprepared Levitaters with Ground weakness**

Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic Spikes

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Volcarona @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Roost

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Honestly the Volcarona is where i see most problems, Roost is just no. Volcarona is way too fragile to run roost, instead give it something like Psychic/Giga Drain.

Moving on, I see that your team has no bulk, so switch Rockium Z Lando for defensive to add some bulk to your team. Then give Volcarona Firium Z over leftovers as they dont do crap anyways and i recommend Fire Blast > Fiery Dance for a better Inferno Overdrive and better damage.

Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic Spikes

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Psychic / Giga Drain

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

thanks,
Mystic

Last edited:
Yo, this team is pretty good, i played a few games with it. i agree with mystic's points with the volc and lando n stuff, but running bulky lefties excadrill would work too. keeping off hazards (esp rocks) is essential since pretty much the whole team is annoyed/weak to them, and life orb offensive drill is a pretty unreliable spin set. its also not as good of a pivot with no bulk. or you could use defensive lando instead like mystic said

for the volc, i feel more speed is necessary. most players will switch on volcaronas right away to their designated answers, and volcarona with 52 speed EVs is outsped by a lot of common mons such as gren, torn-t, koko, m-lop, and the sort even at +1. 271 speed is the minimum to outspeed 405 at +1, and is also good for outspeeding mons like bisharp and adamant heracross and stuff. and yea if ur gonna keep lefties on volc use a different move over roost

i found scarf lele doing more than specs lele, as without boosts the fastest member on the team is gren. it also serves as a decent answer to pinsir after prior damage, as m-pinsir just sweeps after one SD if the lele's specs

also fell stingers is cooler than xscissor on m-bee as it has potential to set up its own sweep and taking advantage of opponents sacking low hp pokemon, its also cooler :] thats just my 2 cents

Hey buddy, Nice team!
I would like to say about your M-Beedril set, if you won't run Fell Stingers as Ratchet said, you could run Knock Off. As now, Leftovers Lando-T being a thing, running Knock Off to take away its Leftovers, as well Lefties from other switchs in such as Heatran, Skarmory and Ferrothorn. With this change, they are more prone to being worn down and that lets your other mons take advantage.
Also, I feel this team gets more profit from Spikes Greninja, than Toxic Spikes, because Toxapex can switch into Greninja, Beedrill (Drill Run is only 3HKO), and Volcarona with your set and remove them away. I say this because many of your mons like their checks being chipped away quickly with Spikes stack, such as Lele with Choice Scarf (as Rarchet said) and your offensive Landorus-T.
Good luck!

Wow! Thx everyone for those tips. I really appreciate everyones opinions. I will take all this into consideration and change it accordingly, test it out and then write another RMT with it.

So... I changed the Team according to your suggestions.

Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

I gotta say, big Thanks to all of you who replied, I am having success with this team. It still has flaws though. I can't deal with boosted mons. If I don't outspeed them and OHKO them they destroy me. And I don't have a defensive core. If I have 1 or 2 fainted mons I struggle with switch ins. Hope there will be a few of you to test this team and give me a few tips to this problems. Thx in advance.

So... I changed the Team according to your suggestions.

Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

I gotta say, big Thanks to all of you who replied, I am having success with this team. It still has flaws though. I can't deal with boosted mons. If I don't outspeed them and OHKO them they destroy me. And I don't have a defensive core. If I have 1 or 2 fainted mons I struggle with switch ins. Hope there will be a few of you to test this team and give me a few tips to this problems. Thx in advance.
one teeny tiny suggestion switch leftovers on landoT to a Rocky Helmet, not that it makes much of a difference but punishing physical attackers is nice imo and especially fake out users who will take more damage from rocky helmet then you take from fake out

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
one teeny tiny suggestion switch leftovers on landoT to a Rocky Helmet, not that it makes much of a difference but punishing physical attackers is nice imo and especially fake out users who will take more damage from rocky helmet then you take from fake out
To elaborate, leftovers is a actually a very popular defensive lando option and is especially good with Protect <- U-turn this allows lando to stay on the field longer and potentially scout and tank Z-moves with protect. So if you're gonna run leftovers, definitely run protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)