'Search by Name' in Search bar

Good morning, afternoon, night smogon I am here to exclaim my annoyance, that when you click the Search bar at the top of the Forums main page or any page, it goes to a drop down box

However as you can see it has no 'Search by Username' option, and it is quite an annoyance to have to go to Advanced Search all the time, because I rarely search by keywords

Thank you and if its too hard to change or anything like that I understand.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree with the OP.

Almost every time I search through a thread, I'm not looking for a certain keyword but for the posts of a certain user. If we could search by user name straight from the dropdown box instead of clicking through to Advanced Options that would be infinitely more convenient.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Or an extra 10 seconds...

i don't see why adding an easier way to do something should always be turned down just because a hard way to do it already exists

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
^That's true. Most of the rejected ideas here have been because they can be done, just using more effort. There should be more of a culture that if something is easy to change and beneficial, then it should be changed, even if it can already be done more slowly. As for this, it sounds like a good idea.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
FUN FACT: If you click on the number of posts next to a thread, it shows the number of posts each poster has made. Click on the number there and it shows all posts made by that person.

FUN FACT: If you click on the number of posts next to a thread, it shows the number of posts each poster has made. Click on the number there and it shows all posts made by that person.
The forum registers the 'posts per person' popup as a search, so another click on the number by their name will give you an error to wait X amount of seconds before searching again. I mean it works if you wait on the popup for 30 seconds, but otherwise it makes this method completely impractical.
Am I correct in guessing search delays don't plague badged members?
I didn't know this existed for specific threads through. Very nice, it would be awesome if it could be more convenient.

EDIT: Oh right I think that's a moderator thing.

Ah well, might as well keep it under the Advanced bar
But thats an extra cent to FREAKING OPTUS INTERNET XD

Obviously if you cant change it under default in vB forums, then we cannot do it. i dont really like to message admins anyway, they take 20 minutes to answer or more, and I really am an impatient guy. I understand their busy though.

Unless a mod or admin approves of this in the meantime please close

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)